This. If I recall correctly the Abso and BH&R tours consistently got three, sometimes even four, piano songs. They really don't have an excuse for only playing one;

Endlessly

Ruled by Secrecy

Soldier's Poem

Hoodoo

Explorers

Space Dementia

Screenager

Feeling Good

Megalomania

United States Of Eurasia

I Belong To You (+Mon Coeur S'ouvre A Toi)

Exogenesis: Symphony Part 2 (Cross-Pollination)

Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption)

Sunburn

Falling Down

Cave

Thought you hated CE? :LOL:

It would be nice to see them drop Undisclosed or even the Animals/Guiding Light spot for another piano song tbh, then Animals could be played instead of Resistance and all would be well :D

If you think this is bad I can't imagine how you'd feel if you'd experienced the Resistance tour.

I was at Sydney night 2 on the Resistance tour and we got Butterflies and Hurricanes, New Born at a good speed with all the alsers, a rather mental performance of Stockholm, Bliss and two piano songs i was very happy with the setlist

...Could someone explain to me what the deal is with these piano slots y'all keep talking about? Do more piano songs automatically equal a better set? I really don't see how the number of piano songs is important.

I think honestly it would just be nice to see some better songs if they're gonna play one piano song

If they played two, I really wouldn't mind Feeling Good if I got a Ruled by Secrecy or Sunburn as well, i think it's just people feel a lil cheated if the only piano song is something like Explorers which is a :facepalm: on the setlists

Those GL/MK Ultra and FG/Cave rotations were fucking deadly.

My gig got GL and FG. :cool:

I was at night 2

That explains it.

...Could someone explain to me what the deal is with these piano slots y'all keep talking about? Do more piano songs automatically equal a better set? I really don't see how the number of piano songs is important.

No it doesn't necessarily equal a better set, but as you can see from the list I posted above the majority of piano songs are awesome (FG and Explorers automatically don't count), so if they were to pick 3 or 4 at random for every gig you'd be pretty much guaranteed some awesome songs.

You guys do realise that more piano slots = Feeling Good' date=' right?[/quote']

Yeah but I'd rather have three piano slots and one of them FG than one piano slot and that being FG anyway.

Just on the topic of setlists I actually think Mexico night 3 was a top setlist i hadn't realised this before

Map, Citizen Erased, Sunburn, faster New Born, Blackout (even if it's been shit this tour it's still nice to see on the set) and no Guiding Light, Explorers OR Resistance

I think honestly it would just be nice to see some better songs if they're gonna play one piano song

If they played two, I really wouldn't mind Feeling Good if I got a Ruled by Secrecy or Sunburn as well, i think it's just people feel a lil cheated if the only piano song is something like Explorers which is a :facepalm: on the setlists

...but why? Why is the piano so important?

No it doesn't necessarily equal a better set, but as you can see from the list I posted above the majority of piano songs are awesome (FG and Explorers automatically don't count), so if they were to pick 3 or 4 at random for every gig you'd be pretty much guaranteed some awesome songs.

So people want piano songs because p want good songs? Can't you just complain about how many good songs they play instead of how many piano songs they play?

...but why? Why is the piano so important?

So people want piano songs because p want good songs? Can't you just complain about how many good songs they play instead of how many piano songs they play?

Some of their piano songs are the best though!

Ruled by Secrecy, Space Dementia, Apocalypse Please, Hoodoo, Sunburn

It's a shame to see their potential spots be taken by songs like Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light and Resistance y'know

Some of their piano songs are the best though!

Ruled by Secrecy, Space Dementia, Apocalypse Please, Hoodoo, Sunburn

It's a shame to see their potential spots be taken by songs like Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light and Resistance y'know

That doesn't mean that having piano songs equals having good songs, nor does it mean that having good song song equals having piano songs. You could just as easily replace Guiding Light with Assassin as you could with Hoodoo.

Sure, they have great piano songs, but they also have great non-piano songs. I don't see why it's so important to focus on increasing the number of piano songs.

Archived