When a friend likes a new(er) Muse song...

JonDecolongon

Nahh, not really. Because I know in my group of friends I'm the only one who really likes Muse as a whole. :LOL: It's just that most of my friends are interested in mainstream pop, and if I see them posting Muse on their Facebook then I just give a like and that's pretty much it. Of course, if I know that the person is genuinely interested in giving Muse a go, then I'll start introducing more to him/her.

I don't really push the old stuff on anyone but I'll play OoS and some b-sides around my friends. usually they're interested but at least they'll know that people don't always like Muse for just Starlight, Madness, etc.

I do, however, have a tendency to talk about how much I'd prefer hearing old songs over the new stuff. I was ranting about the LA 3 setlist with some Musers after the gig, and later my friend (Muse noob) who went to the gig with me said that she was surprised to hear Muse playing so many "old songs". :stunned: so I felt a little bad that she had to witness our Muser rant...she was probably thinking to herself, "what's wrong with Resistance??"

hipster lol

You can tell them they should check out their other music as well, or if they're interested, you could send them a couple of songs you consider to be better.

But I'm really not bothered with my friends liking newer or more popular Muse songs.

hipster lol

You can tell them they should check out their other music as well, or if they're interested, you could send them a couple of songs you consider to be better.

But I'm really not bothered with my friends liking newer or more popular Muse songs.

Not even the twilight ones? :p

TBH, if I compare songs like Sunburn or Showbiz with Uprising or Resistance, it would just be a weird comparison. Muse has changed, and I'm not sure if better is a good word in that context.

Yes, I prefer the beefier songs on the new albums (MK Ultra, Animals, Supremacy, Unnatural Selection), but the other songs are mostly a very different style.

With songs like Madness, Panic Station and Undisclosed Desires, Muse has shown that they're not just in there for the rock, and that they try to experiment. To the horror of a lot of long time fans, but I think it's not that black and white.

Archived