2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

She said the things on her jacket represented "all the bad stuff" in the world... She contionously talked about how bad smoking and alcohol is and I don't even know, she seemed to have been on a do-gooder mission or something. But as funny as her dancing was, she was still very inconsiderate and more than just plain annoying... She yelled at people, insulted them... Funny how the security totally ignored her, while we were told to put our bags down from the seats... but dancing on them, so no one around her could see anything anymore is fine? :rolleyes:

So she pays 70 euros to see a band she probably doesn't even like/know that well to tell people that smoking and drinking is bad while carrying a jacket with a swastika on it? Okay then :rolleyes:

Also, what a security fail :erm: Kinda weird too, at the b-stage where I was they were really nice and helpful, helping to tie banners and taking pictures for anyone who asked..

So she pays 70 euros to see a band she probably doesn't even like/know that well to tell people that smoking and drinking is bad while carrying a jacket with a swastika on it? Okay then :rolleyes:

Also, what a security fail :erm: Kinda weird too, at the b-stage where I was they were really nice and helpful, helping to tie banners and taking pictures for anyone who asked..

I was wondering about that too... She seemed to know Animals, Knighs of Cydonia and Uprising, but other than that she just sat around, scribbling in her notebook and kissing the picture she carried around... oh, and she slept during Biffy Clyro because they were "too loud" for her...

I don't even know, we tried asking them to warn her or something since she ignored our pleas... but nope, they seemed to be too scared to go near her.

:eek: I was queueing behind a group of people and one boy said that he had an Indonesian fan club, was that you? There was also a Dutch girl who handed out stroopwafels to the group :LOL: I was really bored and almost considered talking to them, but I was just a bit too shy.

Anyway, the gig was great, I really enjoyed Biffy too, much more than in Amsterdam. Bliss was especially amazing :happy: Didn't get to touch Matt during UD this time though, and I brought a sign with me asking for a drumstick but Dom didn't even see it so he gave them to another girl with a sign, oh well. I stood next to some lovely people, a German girl who was nice enough to offer me a handkerchief when I sneezed :LOL: and two Polish (I think) girls who asked me to help them attach their banner ('drumsticks, picks and harmonicas this way!' :LOL:) to the barrier but they didn't get anything either. One of them was a huge Biffy fangirl :LOL: I saw the dancing woman in red too, she was hilarious! I was going to ask if anyone else here had seen here but it appears I wasn't they only one :LOL: The firebomb was so hot! Matt made us sing Starlight which was awesome. He smiled at us :happy: At the end I really needed to go to the toilet which made me not really enjoy the end, I really wanted to be over after a while, that was a shame :( But all in all it was great!

Also, this might be a long shot but I found a camera on the ground near the b-stage, it was a grey sony I think. I gave it to security.

Yup that's definitely me. You should've asked us or somethibg :D

I know I know, I really wanted to!

I've even got a picture of you guys :LOL: (didn't mean to be creepy, I wanted to take a pic of the queue so you guys naturally got on the picture)

17606_405746656208497_664239307_n.jpg

(just tell me if you want me to remove it)

Didn't really get any pictures, here's the videos I managed to take though:

Fantastic videos! :eek::thumbsup: One of those famous lumix cameras I guess? ;)

I can clearly spot myself at the b-stage during Bliss... though I'm not sure if I really wanted to know what my face looks like during a concert! :facepalm: Don't know wether to laugh or to cry right now... at least it looks like I was having fun! :D (and I was!!)

Got back last night... Wow I all I can say. What a venue!!

I decided to go on one of the upper barriers in the middle but had a great view of the stage and the whole arena.

Saw the woman in red from where we were to and I even said to my mate I'm glad we are not sitting behind her, she looked to be a complete nightmare!!

I really need to meet up with some of you guys next time somewhere...

Oh.. And when the firebomb happened it was quite funny to see a surge of people look as if they'd all just been blown back away from the barrier... I have a vid of it which ill post later (I know how hot it I though from Manchester)

Hope you all had an amazing time as I did!

Did anyone get video of Matt hugging my friend during Undisclosed Desires? If so, we are dying to see it :D

I started filming as he hugged her but the security guy is in the way. Didn't exåect him to go that way around:happy:

Edit: Here it is

Oh.. And when the firebomb happened it was quite funny to see a surge of people look as if they'd all just been blown back away from the barrier... I have a vid of it which ill post later (I know how hot it I though from Manchester)

Hope you all had an amazing time as I did!

The pyro was intense it was frickin' hot and when I arrived at home after the gig I had a bunch of smut in my face.

Sadly I had to leave this gig halfway through because I wasn't feeling well (felt fine by the time I'd got back to my hotel and had a bath/quick nap, how typical!). What I DID see, I really enjoyed - what a great crowd! The venue was absolutely gorgeous, but going up those stairs was an absolute killer :LOL:

Didn't really get any pictures, here's the videos I managed to take though:

Intro

dIc2-1JH7Ck

Bliss

pKQdZewp1OM

Great vids !!! It was so cool to see this a little bit far that I was !!! So, maybe you can send me them for the multicam no ?

Hey guys!

Thanks for a killer gig and a all out good weekend. Just for you guys, a killer video that Marc got of hysteria from the very front. Matt was about 3 meters away at one point , I freaked out a bit :D I also just barely missed the handshake :(

VIDEO: (I cant get it to embed)

What an amazing show. Hope to see you guys at another.

p.s.

That exlosion just about burned our faces off. The bald security guys werent doing so well either :p

wow, what a fantastic gig, i absolutely loved it :). muse once again blew me away.

i was down in the standing area for most of the gig, and the crowd was veeeery into it. once supermassive black hole kicked in, nearly everybody in the standing area was jumping about and that carried on throughout the "jumpable" songs. it was so awesome!

biffy starting off with a full hour set was great, i really enjoyed them. best support band i've ever had at any gig!

a downside was the sand-floor. it got really dusty when people were jumping and moshing about. they should lay out some sort of flooring, like the stuff used at stadium gigs to cover the lawn. that would solve the problem.

all in all, muse, biffy clyro and the awesome crowd made this a very memorable night :)...

Just got back from Berlin, it was up there with Red Rocks as one of the greatest gigs of all time!

I was amazed no-one fell down the steps of doom, I came close a few times :$

Did anyone else experience the toilet ladies? I saw someone put a €10 note in the coin dish and she took some change out, one of the toilet ladies was not happy and really had a go

at her :eek:

(They were the cleanest loos I've ever seen though!)

Hope they play at Waldbuhne again, it really is an amazing place :)

Fantastic videos! :eek::thumbsup: One of those famous lumix cameras I guess? ;)

I can clearly spot myself at the b-stage during Bliss... though I'm not sure if I really wanted to know what my face looks like during a concert! :facepalm: Don't know wether to laugh or to cry right now... at least it looks like I was having fun! :D (and I was!!)

Thanks! Yeah, got a Lumix TZ7, hoping to upgrade and get something even better though.

The poor girl in the row in front of me got such a fright that she jumped backwards and fell over the bench :LOL: Luckily her friend caught her before she hit the floor AND they were both laughing about it, but it was possibly one of the greatest reactions to the firebomb I've seen so far, bless her heart :chuckle:

I started filming as he hugged her but the security guy is in the way. Didn't exåect him to go that way around:happy:

Edit: Here it is

Aw :happy:

Great vids !!! It was so cool to see this a little bit far that I was !!! So, maybe you can send me them for the multicam no ?

Thanks, and sure!

Waldbühne is the most beautiful venue I've ever been to and the atmosphere was incredible.

I was so happy to see such a dedicated and funny audience in Germany! :)

What an amazing setlist, i still can't quite believe we got Bliss and Unintended. Those gigs are really the happiest moments of my life.

Archived