Muse on "Che Tempo Che Fa" (Rai 3)

mjartrod

Pretty sure it was live. See the way he mutes the guitar towards the end of the solo. Really good timing if it wasn't live. Aand it is definately possible to play with your teeth.

Source: Jimi Hendrix

But the notes Matt 'played' were very clean, each note being picked out very clearly without any other strings being hit or accidentally muted, something that would be extremely hard to do when your face is that close to the rest of the strings. Even when Hendrix did it, the playing wasn't very clean at all. Not saying it's impossible, just very implausible.

But the notes Matt 'played' were very clean, each note being picked out very clearly without any other strings being hit or accidentally muted, something that would be extremely hard to do when your face is that close to the rest of the strings. Even when Hendrix did it, the playing wasn't very clean at all. Not saying it's impossible, just very implausible.

Also, Bellamy isn't Hendrix.

I clearly can't disagree with that. I'm 95% that everything apart form the tooth playing was live tho. So they've had to just play back the first part of the solo and then go back to live.. Feel kind of ripped of if that is the case :p

I clearly can't disagree with that. I'm 95% that everything apart form the tooth playing was live tho. So they've had to just play back the first part of the solo and then go back to live.. Feel kind of ripped of if that is the case :p

Hey, now, we are all just ASSUMING it was his tooth.

It could have been his tongue. ;)

It was definitely a live performance they we heard. But it may have been playback to a live recording or maybe just the guitar. I don't know but I find it really hard to believe anyone could play that well with their teeth.

Exactly. Mentioned this a few pages back. Sounds different to the recording but it was definitely playback. Playback to a live recording.

After seeing it a couple of times over, I think I'll have to change my mind.. :LOL:

Mostly because of the fact that he doesn't place the guitar in front of his teeth some seconds before he plays, aand that he does not use the guitar to play the notes. The guitar stays in more or less the same place when the notes are being plucked, meaning that he has to 'bite' the strings. Silly me.

Thanks for asking, Fabri, lol. :LOL: We don't look like crazy people AT ALL, now.;)

I don't think there was much argument, Simon. I think only TWO people said they thought it might be live. And they didn't argue it. Sounds like consensus to me.

Clearly, this is Matt pulling his "Hey, everyone, we're miming" shit.

Are you talking about Madness or Follow Me?

Read like 2 posts up and you'll find out.

Madness was a live version if I'm correct though (prerecorded or not)

Yep.

Sorry, really can't deal with these comments after the stuff that was said on the previous page. I've had my daily dose of nonsense and this is getting too much :LOL:

Archived