Muse on "Che Tempo Che Fa" (Rai 3)

mjartrod

Why would they record a live version of Madness and not of Follow Me? Makes no sense at all.

Edit: Nvm, it does actually make sense since Madness is half a step down.

Thank God for that edit. I'm getting slightly agitated here :LOL:

But why soundchecking both songs twice before recording the performance?

Oh God stop repeating this :LOL:

Yes, we know it makes no sense. But if you turn off your fanboy vision for a second I think you'll notice that 1. The instruments aren't being played live. and 2. That unless Muse have suddenly figured out how to play Follow Me just like the studio recording for the first time, it isn't live.

Now, if Muse turn out to be able to reproduce the chorus drop just as well on the next gig, I will not only eat my words, but I will post a vocal cover of the song on the board.

They make you agitated

From all the shit they've stated

And wrong opinions created

But why should it affect you?

Arguing with us is what you dooooooo

yeeeaaaahhhhh[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth.;)

@Fabri, maybe the rehearsed each one, then recorded each one.

EDIT: sorry 'bout the weird formatting. My bad.

Oh God stop repeating this :LOL:

Yes, we know it makes no sense. But if you turn off your fanboy vision for a second I think you'll notice that 1. The instruments aren't being played live. and 2. That unless Muse have suddenly figured out how to play Follow Me just like the studio recording for the first time, it isn't live.

Now, if Muse turn out to be able to reproduce the chorus drop just as well on the next gig, I will not only eat my words, but I will post a vocal cover of the song on the board.

I'm not saying anymore that the songs were live, you convinced me :LOL: it just doesn't make sense to soundcheck Follow Me if it's full playback for the instruments.

The drop is actually huge live though, you could still want to cover the song

/Italy

Listening now. Didn't think it was playback until the solo. Vocals were different (i.e falsetto on the second "love"). Could have been previously recorded (not the album version though) and then they just mimed the performance.

3 pages back.

This was only regarding Madness.

You can love the drop all you want, but it doesn't sound the same. Now, I haven't exactly been following every performance of the song, but from the 3-4 bootlegs+the proshots and O2 recording, it has sounded different from the studio drop every time. Something that convinces me that it's playback is the synths that leads into the drop which they've never done live iirc.

3 pages back.

This was only regarding Madness.

The vocals are obviously live considering how much Matt is pushing for the A4s at the end, and the G#4s in Follow Me.

I think we all know Matt isn't good enough of a lipsyncer to fake strain and getting red in his face :LOL:

Archived