Sadly, even if it wasn't in absolutely terrible taste, and rather insulting... it still wouldn't have been funny. :noey:

How would releasing this with the new album work out, exactly, if they don't resign with Warner?

That was about the point I gave up hope...

Warner obviously has a claim on their material, or they wouldn't be going around blocking and muting all the good YT videos.

Although, if there isn't some form of release after that little tantrum, wtf would the reason be for bringing it up again after almost a year.

I'm still struggling to believe it will see the light of day.

I always find something irksome about "famous" people bitching about what people post on their social media, particularly when they've instigated it in the first place.

Don't get all "woe is me" - joking or not - when people pester you about something you yourself started.

"Taking the piss" out of fans who are curious/disappointed with lack of follow through on something just doesn't really sit right with me.

Especially when a "it's going to happen, but might take a long time" or "sorry, it didn't work out" would have solved the issue.

Feels like a kid who needs attention.

How is that bitching about what people tell him on social media? I really doubt he got any "hey Tom where's the Zepp dvd" in a while.

I'm confident it was just his own way of announcing that they're going to release material from that gig soon enough.

It's a Muse gig filmed by Muse themselves, I don't see how they wouldn't be able to release it, Warner or not.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be uploaded in the next few days / weeks, probably on Youtube, as hinted at in the video.

Warner must have some sort of ownership of the songs, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to block all those amateur videos.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know exactly how these things function, and I'm sure it varies from case to case, but Warner clearly has rights to Muse's catalog if they go around muting people's videos, especially if they (the uploaders) aren't profiting from them.

To what extent would this change if Muse, themselves, distributed something not for profit - especially since, profit or no, it would still be considered as promotional.

Big reason I gave up hope on Zepp after Rome was released; hadn't heard anything on it, and it seems like it could be convoluted.

I don't think Tom is famous.

That's why I put it in quotes. :p

Seemed mean at the time to type out "and people who get attention because they are associated with celebrities." :chuckle:

I kid; he does some massively good work.

Just could do without his trolling of the band's fanbase, sometimes.

I didn't realise they'd muted amateur recordings from concerts. The miserable b*stards. I think it's truly pathetic that you can't have anything to remember a concert by, well you can have your own recordings to keep, but people who didn't record anything can't re-live and enjoy the concert again because of this kind of action by Warner.

I wouldn't mind if they offered a DVD of the concert, but they can't even be arsed to provide that.

The thing is, they're missing out on the chance to make more money. They could provide a recording of every gig (which shouldn't be difficult as they're filimg at every gig anyway) and this would:

a) reduce the number of audience members holding cameras up through the whole performance and

b) make money. I reckon loads of fans would pay £5 for a half-decent DVD recording.

Can't see why they wouldn't do it.

They wouldn't need to be high quality, well-edited recordings. They'd probably be able to provide something better than the average crowd member could do.

Say what you will about a band like Metallica, but they sure know how to provide content for your fans. Constant stream of proshot videos, often with backstage footage, as well as buyable audio from most gigs dating as far back as the 80's.

How is that bitching about what people tell him on social media?
How is it not? He's basically making fun of fans for blaming him, which is totally ridiculous since he IS the one who hypes shit up.

Whether or not this will lead to a release doesn't really change that.

I see it just as satire of the whole situation. I don't think he has any bad feelings towards fans asking him (and as I said, I really doubt he got asked about Zepp in the last 6 months or so). For me that's just a weird version of an announcement video, with no disrespect intended towards fans.

How have people interpreted that as an announcement video?

I'm assuming since it's been awhile since Zepp's been mentioned, the reason he brought it back up again (other than to troll and stuff) is because Zepp is getting released.

Speculate all we want, but it would be kind of an arse move to not release it now. :LOL:

Edited by Raiga Kagekami

How have people interpreted that as an announcement video?

There was a similar video released before the iTunes exclusive Reading 360 was put up for purchase, if I remember correctly, so people are making that assumption.

Even so, the 360 app was such a colossal disappointment anyways, I still would fear getting my hopes up.