2013.06.21 - Stade De France, Paris, France

L.

I'm hoping to buy tickets to Stade de France gig tomorrow:) Does anybody have any good suggestions Re. transport to/from the venue from central Paris? (Gare du Nord?) I wonder if the metro/RER will still be operating for return afterwards?

I'm hoping to buy tickets to Stade de France gig tomorrow:) Does anybody have any good suggestions Re. transport to/from the venue from central Paris? (Gare du Nord?) I wonder if the metro/RER will still be operating for return afterwards?

It's too early to check when the last metro/rer reach the station close to Stade de France. For the moment, if you take the line 13 of the metro at station Saint-Denis-Porte de Paris to go back to Paris, the last metro on a Friday night is at 01.40 am according to the RATP website.

If you take the last RER B from La Plaine- Stade de France to go to Gare du Nord, it leaves the station at 0.41 am.

You will have plenty of time after the gig to reach the metro/RER station. Also, a little piece of advice in case you're not familiar with the Gare du Nord area: beware because it's not a particularly safe one. But there will probably be a lot of people leaving the RER at this station after the gig.

Another piece of advice that I mention because I made the mistake. I don't know how long you intend to stay in Paris for the gig and if you intend to do a bit of tourism/sightseeing, but while you can use a normal metro ticket when using the RER inside of Paris, if you plan to go outside of Paris using the RER (which will be the case if you go to Stade de France), you need a different kind of ticket, that's slightly more expensive. On the other hand, you can perfectly use a normal ticket to reach Stade de France if you take the metro 13. The difference in prices is due to the fact that metros and RER belong to two different companies.

Don't hesitate to remind us French people to let you know the applicable schedules closer to the date of the gig (on the RATP website, you can only get the schedules for the next 3 months).

It's too early to check when the last metro/rer reach the station close to Stade de France. For the moment, if you take the line 13 of the metro at station Saint-Denis-Porte de Paris to go back to Paris, the last metro on a Friday night is at 01.40 am according to the RATP website.

If you take the last RER B from La Plaine- Stade de France to go to Gare du Nord, it leaves the station at 0.41 am.

You will have plenty of time after the gig to reach the metro/RER station. Also, a little piece of advice in case you're not familiar with the Gare du Nord area: beware because it's not a particularly safe one. But there will probably be a lot of people leaving the RER at this station after the gig.

Another piece of advice that I mention because I made the mistake. I don't know how long you intend to stay in Paris for the gig and if you intend to do a bit of tourism/sightseeing, but while you can use a normal metro ticket when using the RER inside of Paris, if you plan to go outside of Paris using the RER (which will be the case if you go to Stade de France), you need a different kind of ticket, that's slightly more expensive. On the other hand, you can perfectly use a normal ticket to reach Stade de France if you take the metro 13. The difference in prices is due to the fact that metros and RER belong to two different companies.

Don't hesitate to remind us French people to let you know the applicable schedules closer to the date of the gig (on the RATP website, you can only get the schedules for the next 3 months).

That is very useful - thanks for the advice! :):)

Can someone tell me where is the category Lawn? (I obviously do not speak any French:$)

I thought I was buying standing ticket, as there were cart 1, cart 2 and Lawn showing.

Now I received this email-

Vous avez acheté des places pour le concert de Muse au stade de France, en catégorie pelouse, et nous vous en remercions.

Cependant, une erreur a été commise dans la maquette du billet faisant apparaître "pelor" en bas du billet.

En fait, vous êtes bien en possession de billets Catégorie Pelouse comme indiqué en gras sur le billet.

Nous vous prions d' accepter nos excuses pour cette erreur et vous souhaitons un excellent concert.

(I google translated it) I can not see the word Lawn in the e ticket anywhere, it has PELOUSE DEBOUT under Placement Libre.

So would I be OK with my existing e ticket?

Thanks L.:)

Just a bit confused by that email from ticketnet.

No problem. The email just said that you bought a standing ticket but on the ticket it is written standing golden circle and they are just informing you that the golden circle part is a printing mistake. A couple of people on the other SDF thread have mentioned they've received the same email too.

Thanks for the info, really useful. Will check out metro timetable nearer the date.

Plus i got my tickets for 21st!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived