matthijs

If it's anything like the first one, you're going to have a difficult time finding enough space to bury it

To be honest, I actually specced out what it would be on the way home after that, haha! I settled on the same as the last one but without the aluminium and complicated bridge. Simple fixed bridge with maybe one of those black glitter gloss finishes would compliment it pretty nicely I think, but it's all elementary anyway, because it won't actually happen, haha!

I noticed that matt had sustainer issues with the gloss midi 2.0 during Big Weekend, and now he recently used the backup red glitter. Perhaps he sent back the gloss midi to have a sustainiac fitted instead? We´ll see I suppose :D

To be honest, I actually specced out what it would be on the way home after that, haha! I settled on the same as the last one but without the aluminium and complicated bridge. Simple fixed bridge with maybe one of those black glitter gloss finishes would compliment it pretty nicely I think, but it's all elementary anyway, because it won't actually happen, haha!

So when you say black glitter, you mean like...

711px-Manson_Silver_Glitter_Holes_%281%29.jpg

I noticed that matt had sustainer issues with the gloss midi 2.0 during Big Weekend, and now he recently used the backup red glitter. Perhaps he sent back the gloss midi to have a sustainiac fitted instead? We´ll see I suppose :D

This was used at the same gig though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtYVEF9WnQA

James, you are the Manson guru here. Do you reckon It´ll be possible to have a modded MA-1, where the neck pickup is switched out with a P90? I found that the width of the single coil route is 8,5cm, and the route width for the P90 is 8,34. I wonder what they´ll say.

James, you are the Manson guru here. Do you reckon It´ll be possible to have a modded MA-1, where the neck pickup is switched out with a P90? I found that the width of the single coil route is 8,5cm, and the route width for the P90 is 8,34. I wonder what they´ll say.

every time i mentioned anything to do with P90s with an MA to Adrian i could feel him shudder hahaha

every time i mentioned anything to do with P90s with an MA to Adrian i could feel him shudder hahaha

xD Probably a pain to install. They have no pickup "housing" though, so probably more difficult.

Anyway, I wanted a customized MA-1. Refinish, MBK-2 in bridge and p90 in neck, HAP bridge in nickel and machineheads+knobs. Would be smooth.

Also I´d like the killswitch clogged if thats possible. I never use it. Its just in the way.:$

Get a strat sized P90 from the creamery. But if you're getting a refinish anyway, I can't see it being too much of a problem unless they don't want to do it for a different reason

I wonder if Mansons would give me a discount since I practically answer emails for them.

Get a strat sized P90 from the creamery. But if you're getting a refinish anyway, I can't see it being too much of a problem unless they don't want to do it for a different reason

I wonder if Mansons would give me a discount since I practically answer emails for them.

Hmm. I guess Ill just have to make different spec alternatives that I would prefer, and hope that one of them will be achievable. Will visit them in 2 weeks. Gotta be prepared :LOL:

So I've tried emailing the shop numerous times over the past few months, but I keep getting no reply. I know they are super busy, but it's getting to be a bit annoying as I want to make a purchase soon and I have questions. So maybe you lot can help me! I wanted to put an order in for one of the MBC-1's and I wanted to do some upgrades, but I'm not sure if they will install all of them for me, or if I will have to do it myself. The fuzz factory and the sustainer I'm sure they will, but I wanted to have an MBK-2 installed in the bridge, will they do that for me if I purchase one? Thanks for any info you guys can give me!

So I've tried emailing the shop numerous times over the past few months, but I keep getting no reply. I know they are super busy, but it's getting to be a bit annoying as I want to make a purchase soon and I have questions. So maybe you lot can help me! I wanted to put an order in for one of the MBC-1's and I wanted to do some upgrades, but I'm not sure if they will install all of them for me, or if I will have to do it myself. The fuzz factory and the sustainer I'm sure they will, but I wanted to have an MBK-2 installed in the bridge, will they do that for me if I purchase one? Thanks for any info you guys can give me!

They will install the MBK-2 no worries. I advise you to purchase the preorder for the MBC asap. That way you will be getting one, and they´ll "have" to email you since you actually purchased something. Btw. why not go with the MA when you are first throwing in so much $$$? :happy:

So I'm in the US and that means shipping is an additional 199 for me. They want to charge me shipping on the preorder deposit. Does this mean that when the guitar is ready to go, the shipping will already be paid for?

You can just click "pick up at shop" or whatever, that way you wont have to pay for the shipping now. Also, you will get the VAT removed I suppose? That makes everything you buy from them 16% cheaper :D

Also. I would have gone for the MA-2. Just my opinion :happy:

So I'm in the US and that means shipping is an additional 199 for me. They want to charge me shipping on the preorder deposit. Does this mean that when the guitar is ready to go, the shipping will already be paid for?

I highly recommend you get an actual "Manson" I was in the same boat as you and lets say.....you needed to sell it for some reason you are pretty much guaranteed your money back if it is a Manson if not more due to the name. Cort are not a famous brand or something you would die for. I got a Manson Evo 1.5 (same as Evo 1, but an MBK2 in the bridge) with sustainiac and custom hardware. Worked out to be £600 more than the Cort, but I have an actual Manson and to me It looks the real deal. Entirely up to you, i am not saying the Corts are crap, but you can see where the added money has gone and if you are a die hard fan like myself, i would much rather have a Manson.

My first post on here was a very similar dilemma, MB custom made guitar or Manson. The rest is history as they say but not for a second do I regret going for the real deal.

I will warn you though, it's a bug you cant shake.

My first post on here was a very similar dilemma, MB custom made guitar or Manson. The rest is history as they say but not for a second do I regret going for the real deal.

I will warn you though, it's a bug you cant shake.

Yeah, though you were lucky as one came up for sale moments after you asked ;)

Hi James,

When is my EVO being shipped?

Regards,

Sam

Edit: 11 FREAKIN' WEEKS. :mad:

Hi Sam,

We will ship after breakfast.

Regards,

James

Hi James?

Does matt bemmley work there?

Thanks and good luck

Macaroon

PS where does he get his glitter

Hi Macaroni,

Yes, but only a cardboard cutout for advertising our MBC-1.

Regards,

James

I'd forgotten about that! :LOL:

Not really an excuse in the bridge magician's case.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to these

0114-coziest_pubs-pub_breakfast_ntjcfi.jpg

It's no ordinary breakfast (at least for me), so Sam's guitar will have to be shipped after lunch.

Archived