matthijs

Didn't see the interview.

I wonder if it will just have the MIDI strip like 007? Maybe that's why we've not seen the 007 MA's officially.

Could be, when Hugh was describing it to me, he was moving his hand up and down as if on a MIDI Strip, seriously! :eek: Just dawned on me.

Ah yeah, you are right! It does look like a completely new one actually - the fuzz switch is in a different place.

Yup! :D New Chrome bomber, body is Mahogany for sure as I saw it in the shop before it was painted. He made it in a week! If only our customs were as fast :(

I have been trying to deduce how many many Matt Blacks have been made for Matt, based on my talks with Tim and the power of deduction, I have come up with this, let me know what you think :LOL:

RIG A (UK Psycho, US Club Shows)

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered before the UK Psycho Tour, features an old Mansons logo, Fernandes sustainer, labeled '1' on his strap.

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered before the UK Psycho Tour, features an old Mansons logo, Fernandes sustainer, labeled '2' on his strap.

-(Both these guitars were featured in the photoshoot alongside 4 Corts post on MGW)

-There seem's to be a new Matt Black with a new Manson's logo, but its very likely that its of the aforementioned ones with its neck changed due to throws during the short UK/US tour.

-Matt Black Stealth 1.0, features an old Mansons logo, labeled '5' on his strap.

There's also:

-Chrome Bomber, labeled '3' on his strap

-Copper Bomber 1.0, labeled '2' based on where it was placed in the rack.

-Mirror, labeled '3' on his strap.

-MIDI Gloss Black, labeled '4' on his strap

RIG B (First used at the BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend show)

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered just before the BBC Big Weekend Show, features an old Mansons logo, SUSTAINIAC, nickel hardware, labeled '1' on his strap.

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered just before the BBC Big Weekend Show, features an old Mansons logo, SUSTAINIAC, nickel hardware, labeled '2' on his strap.

-Matt Black Stealth 2.0, features an old Mansons logo, labeled '3' on his strap, delivered before the BBC Big Weekend Show.

These 3 guitars were seen being built in mid April 2015.

Theres also:

Mirror 2.0, labeled '3' on his strap.

MIDI Gloss Black, labeled '4' on his strap.

Copper Bomber 2.0, features a regular Floyd Rose Tremelo, regular hardware and a different FF layout, labeled '4' on his strap

I have been trying to deduce how many many Matt Blacks have been made for Matt, based on my talks with Tim and the power of deduction, I have come up with this, let me know what you think :LOL:

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered before the UK Psycho Tour, features an old Mansons logo, Fernandes sustainer, labeled '1' on his strap.

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered before the UK Psycho Tour, features an old Mansons logo, Fernandes sustainer, labeled '2' on his strap.

-(Both these guitars were featured in the photoshoot alongside 4 Corts post on MGW)

-There seem's to be a new Matt Black with a new Manson's logo, but its very likely that its of the aforementioned ones with its neck changed due to throws during the short UK/US tour.

-Matt Black Stealth 1.0, features an old Mansons logo, labeled '5' on his strap.

There's also:

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered just before the BBC Big Weekend Show, features an old Mansons logo, SUSTAINIAC, nickel hardware, labeled '1' on his strap.

-Matt Black 2.0, delivered just before the BBC Big Weekend Show, features an old Mansons logo, SUSTAINIAC, nickel hardware, labeled '2' on his strap.

-Matt Black Stealth 2.0, features an old Mansons logo, labeled '3' on his strap, delivered before the BBC Big Weekend Show.

Theres also:

Copper Bomber 2.0, features a regular Floyd Rose Tremelo, regular hardware and a different FF layout, labeled '4' on his strap

From what I've seen he's got 3-4 new Matt Blacks, the Matt Black stealth, 2 Copper bombers, 2 Mirrors, 2 Gloss Blacks, Chrome Bomber, The Glittery holey one and I think he's had both 7 strings duplicated. So I think you're pretty close there!

From what I've seen he's got 3-4 new Matt Blacks, the Matt Black stealth, 2 Copper bombers, 2 Mirrors, 2 Gloss Blacks, Chrome Bomber, The Glittery holey one and I think he's had both 7 strings duplicated. So I think you're pretty close there!

Yup thats right! The duplicates were at the shop when I visited, except the Gloss Black 2.0, and Glitter Holes 2.0 :( Was too scared to ask them to open the case. Thats when they told me about the duplicates thing and Rig A/B. Got to hold and touch Mirror 2.0 and one of the stealth blacks :D

Apparently theres another CE-7 ... and that new MIDI guitar coming soon. Tim built 12-14 guitars within 2 months :eek:

I have a feeling he will phase out the Chrome Bomber since he just received his Copper duplicate :(

12-14 guitars in 2 months and 12 for one of mine :mad: Wonder if matt gets any discounts xD

He probably does - the guys a walking advert for Mansons. I'd reckon 95% of Mansons popularity is directly due to MB and/or Muse.

There's also:

Theres also:

I think the 1,2,3,4 on the straps refers to the Radio Packs, he has 4 straps with radio packs and they get swapped around, I saw Strap 3 on 2 different guitars at the Radio 1 gig, Matt has a Skrydstrup custom guitar switcher in his rack for 4 Radio Packs & 2 cables. His tech explained it on the Dunlop TV Youtube video a few years back

http://www.musewiki.org/Skrydstrup_Custom_Guitar_Switcher

2ndlawrack_zpsry9a3xgg.jpg

:)

Isn't Jason gone though?

Seems that way - he's had this other guy since the beginning of the psycho UK tour

I think the 1,2,3,4 on the straps refers to the Radio Packs, he has 4 straps with radio packs and they get swapped around, I saw Strap 3 on 2 different guitars at the Radio 1 gig, Matt has a Skrydstrup custom guitar switcher in his rack for 4 Radio Packs & 2 cables. His tech explained it on the Dunlop TV Youtube video a few years back

Damn... that just made things a lot more confusing in identifying the guitars (especially the matt black ones)

Dont think Mansons are open today, bank holiday monday here...

I know that feeling all too well

He probably does - the guys a walking advert for Mansons. I'd reckon 95% of Mansons popularity is directly due to MB and/or Muse.

Yeah true, though I think it would be more like 5% MB, 10% John Paul Jones, and 85% Muse

... which is a bit depressing really

watching the radio 1 one big weekend performance at the moment and I can't tell for sure because the lighting is weird, but they're playing bliss and he's either using copper bomber and it now has a "proper" floyd rose bridge on it as opposed to the FRX bridge, or he has a new bomber style guitar. I'm leaning towards the latter because it looks more matte black than copper to me

Going back to this... I have a theory about this new copper bomber, could it be possible that this is a prototype for a new signature?

My reasoning is we haven't seen a bomber shaped signature yet and this looks easier to replicate than any previous ones with the matte copper finish which isn't as unique as the original bomber, as unpredictable as the chrome or as textured as the first copper.

Also, there hasn't been a signature with a floyd rose yet either. Since this one has standard chrome knobs and Gotoh 510 machine heads it also leaves room for further upgrades to Manson custom hardware too.

This should make for a new signature which is easy enough to make, hasn't been already done and is also cost effective for the current Manson signature line.

Going back to this... I have a theory about this new copper bomber, could it be possible that this is a prototype for a new signature?

My reasoning is we haven't seen a bomber shaped signature yet and this looks easier to replicate than any previous ones with the matte copper finish which isn't as unique as the original bomber, as unpredictable as the chrome or as textured as the first copper.

Also, there hasn't been a signature with a floyd rose yet either. Since this one has standard chrome knobs and Gotoh 510 machine heads it also leaves room for further upgrades to Manson custom hardware too.

This should make for a new signature which is easy enough to make, hasn't been already done and is also cost effective for the current Manson signature line.

I bloody hope not (sorry - just my 2 cents only!)

I'd be more hopeful for an MB-1 in Gloss Black.

I bloody hope not (sorry - just my 2 cents only!)

I'd be more hopeful for an MB-1 in Gloss Black.

A gloss black mb-1 would be great and i thought somebody has already heard from Mansons that it will be an option that they look into soon? I was just thinking that a bomber shape would be something new and for a long time i've seen people saying how much they'd like that shape with a FR. I think that a new release will have to be something different to the standard shape with TOM, that avenue has been well and truly covered by the MBC, MB and DL series. This new one seems suspiciously easy to replicate which made me think...

Also, there hasn't been a signature with a floyd rose yet either.

I'm still hoping for an original bomber signature series, but I know it's probably not going to happen.

It's hard to tell if the second copper guitar has a less textured finish than the first one, although it looked like it during the big weekend gig. Hopefully we'll get some more photos of both to compare them. Looking at the first one from different angles/ with different lighting can make the finish look slightly different.

manson-copper-bomber.jpg

New_Manson_Tremolo_Guitar.jpg

I'm still hoping for an original bomber signature series, but I know it's probably not going to happen.

It's hard to tell if the second copper guitar has a less textured finish than the first one, although it looked like it during the big weekend gig. Hopefully we'll get some more photos of both to compare them. Looking at the first one from different angles/ with different lighting can make the finish look slightly different.

Maybe the textured finish doesn't really matter too much though. If we remember both the rust relic and that rusty looking MA that every made fun of for looking like melted Nutella a short while ago, Mansons are obviously fairly consistent with the copper look so it must be easier than i thought. I think whatever the finish is, it'll be easier than replicating the original bomber or the chrome one, that's for certain

James,

You had a spare neck after having a custom made for MA your i seem to remember. Have you tried fitting it on the cort?

I think I still have that, but I pretty much destroyed the finish on it, so I haven't put it on the cort

I don't mind the stock neck really

2ndlawrack_zpsry9a3xgg.jpg

Very good point! :) But I believe I saw a guitar with "5" on it :D Hmmm this very tricky :( Apparently theres one with a new mansions logo on it, thought it is probably just a new neck. Why would he have 8 Matt Blacks in total :o

Archived