matthijs

http://puu.sh/7megw.png

you're right, it's the pacifica shape

I think it's from a gig in summer-autumn 2000, because of matt's hair :LOL:

Can't see anything in the link besides these white and grey checker patterns

The stage setup makes me think 2001, but I don't know. Last time he was using it regularly was early 2000 I think

I thought delorean was retired unlike 007 because Hugh didn't want to change it

Yeah, I heard Matt wanted to change it, but Hugh told him to put it under his bed as it was the first one and all that. Not sure if it was changed later on though.

Looking at the hullabaloo extras, I'm surprised that guitar doesn't have more massive gouges and doesn't seem to have been repaired several times

Argh, I don't know why but apparently screenshot doesn't work with dvd player on my mac.

it's around 10:45 matt is throwing the guitar in the drums kick.

He stopped using it in february 2000 because he bought the yellow DC. the guitar was probably back just to be destroyed.

Argh, I don't know why but apparently screenshot doesn't work with dvd player on my mac.

it's around 10:45 matt is throwing the guitar in the drums kick.

He stopped using it in february 2000 because he bought the yellow DC. the guitar was probably back just to be destroyed.

Yeah probably. I think it was the same with both of the peaveys as well. I know the one that he used most got destroyed and thrown into the crowd at a festival in (mid?) 2000, and the other might have been around a bit longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_2HBaeFXk

3:24 and 3:32

guessing that's around june 2000 (judging by the orange amp, which only seemed to be use for a handful of gigs)

Is there a clip anywhere of when Matt apparently threw 007 into a dumpster?

On the Absolution Tour DVD, there is a short clip of Muse playing in a small bar in America using this guitar for Stockholm Syndrome. After it, Bellamy walks outside while still playing and throws this guitar in the trash dumpster. A guy then takes it but Bellamy got it back later. In one interview, Matt said after throwing the guitar away and going back to the bus, he thought about it and regretted it because it was one of his favourite guitars and thought he was not going to get it back. When asked why he threw it away, he said it was because it was making a "racket".

It's in absolution tour extra.

at the end of this video.

Thanks!

That was good of them to return it, I probably would have too but asked Matt if I could have it :ninja:

Thanks!

That was good of them to return it, I probably would have too but asked Matt if I could have it :ninja:

I always thought that was staged

Also, apparently the surf green MA-2 is going to be ready soon...but are you ready, Ross0203? :ninja:

The neck is from one of my other guitars (replaced it with one that's a different spec) so that worked out well.

335936_10151118636392703_1788696204_o.jpg

which reminds me... my silver logo strap still hasn't turned up

Also, apparently the surf green MA-2 is going to be ready soon...but are you ready, Ross0203? :ninja:

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I can't wait to see it!

A surf green MA-2 is definitely on my EXTREMELY long GAS list :ninja: I think once I've got the MB-1 or MA-2 SE custom out the way I'll get a surf green custom, based on a Rickenbacker.

Semi-hollow MA shape with f-hole

Maple body

Maple neck and fingerboard

Metallic surf green body

Natural headstock with black Manson logo

Pearloid binding

Pearloid scratchplate

Rickenbacker 'toaster' pickups, chrome

Bigsby vibrato, chrome

Gotoh 510 machineheads, chrome

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I can't wait to see it!

A surf green MA-2 is definitely on my EXTREMELY long GAS list :ninja: I think once I've got the MB-1 or MA-2 SE custom out the way I'll get a surf green custom, based on a Rickenbacker.

Semi-hollow MA shape with f-hole

Maple body

Maple neck and fingerboard

Metallic surf green body

Natural headstock with black Manson logo

Pearloid binding

Pearloid scratchplate

Rickenbacker 'toaster' pickups, chrome

Bigsby vibrato, chrome

Gotoh 510 machineheads, chrome

MA-2 SE? Do you mean that custom you were talking about the other day? Or do you mean MB-2 SE?

And that's very similar to what I'm getting, just no f-hole and the standard alder body. Oh and MBK-1 pickups (I was tempted to get some filtertrons though, but I've got a tele with them already)

Sounds good though. Only thing I'd think carefully about is the maple body, which would probably be really bright sounding. Are rics usually made of maple?

My G.A.S. list doesn't have much stuff from Mansons on it now... I already have most of the signature guitars, and don't really have any plans/ideas for a new custom. If they release something new, I'd probably buy that next.

Speaking of that, I found these souvenirs from my trip last may. I was intending to bring this spec list for the 001-7 to them, but it never actually made it to the shop :facepalm: Even if I hadn't forgotten about it, it wouldn't have made a difference after seeing that other guitar

IMG_0214.jpg~original

also a ticket info thingy from emirates (excluding the tickets which I can't find anywhere :( ) and receipts from wunjo guitars and starbucks

MA-2 SE? Do you mean that custom you were talking about the other day? Or do you mean MB-2 SE?

And that's very similar to what I'm getting, just no f-hole and the standard alder body. Oh and MBK-1 pickups (I was tempted to get some filtertrons though, but I've got a tele with them already)

Sounds good though. Only thing I'd think carefully about is the maple body, which would probably be really bright sounding. Are rics usually made of maple?

My G.A.S. list doesn't have much stuff from Mansons on it now... I already have most of the signature guitars, and don't really have any plans/ideas for a new custom. If they release something new, I'd probably buy that next.

Speaking of that, I found these souvenirs from my trip last may. I was intending to bring this spec list for the 001-7 to them, but it never actually made it to the shop :facepalm: Even if I hadn't forgotten about it, it wouldn't have made a difference after seeing that other guitar

IMG_0214.jpg~original

also a ticket info thingy from emirates (excluding the tickets which I can't find anywhere :( ) and receipts from wunjo guitars and starbucks

Yeah, the custom, I figured MA-2 SE would be a more suiting name for it :awesome:

I'd be aiming for a super-bright tone for those jangly tunes. Rickenbacker 330s are usually all maple body and neck I think.

I think the only Mansons I'd get after the ones I mentioned would be something with a floyd and fuzz factory, probably a few years from now though.

Yeah, the custom, I figured MA-2 SE would be a more suiting name for it :awesome:

I'd be aiming for a super-bright tone for those jangly tunes. Rickenbacker 330s are usually all maple body and neck I think.

I think the only Mansons I'd get after the ones I mentioned would be something with a floyd and fuzz factory, probably a few years from now though.

Oh right. I'm not that good at naming them, so I've always stuck with the names Mansons gave them. rust_relic named the last one though.

And that's cool. You could always get a different body wood for the MA-2 SE to make it sound brighter as well... there's a noticeable difference in brightness between the MB-2 SE (poplar) and the mirror E shape (mahogany)

Maybe one of these MA-2s with a fuzz factory added?

http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/manson-ma-2t-electric-guitar-dry-satin-black-6155

Oh right. I'm not that good at naming them, so I've always stuck with the names Mansons gave them. rust_relic named the last one though.

And that's cool. You could always get a different body wood for the MA-2 SE to make it sound brighter as well... there's a noticeable difference in brightness between the MB-2 SE (poplar) and the mirror E shape (mahogany)

Maybe one of these MA-2s with a fuzz factory added?

http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/manson-ma-2t-electric-guitar-dry-satin-black-6155

I thought the production MB-2s were mahogany, poplar must sound great too though!

I love those MAs, I reckon I'd go for one of those with a snazzy glitter paintjob, sustainer and kill-switch too. :ninja:

I thought the production MB-2s were mahogany, poplar must sound great too though!

I love those MAs, I reckon I'd go for one of those with a snazzy glitter paintjob, sustainer and kill-switch too. :ninja:

nope, it's the prototype in the shop that's mahogany

do it.

something like that recent works guitar, or more 'even' like crazybobbles' CE-7?

That makes sense then since the proto is heavy as shit

I like the glitter on Matt's newest 7 string, quite subtle but still HOT, I'd probably have something like that

Black_7.JPG

Ah I didn't realise that, it seemed less glittery to me :ninja:

watch the roundhouse gig and check out how glittery it is, especially the back of the neck. Think Mansons knew I was going for an E shaped version of Matt's 7 string, only last minute change was the change to all black hardware

Ah yeah I see now, manson's done his suit too by the looks of it :D

It does look great though, I actually think it could work having after having a look at that MA with a similar paintjob. This with floyd, kill switch and sustainer would be perfect to me.

dsc04267a.jpg

Whose guitar is this btw? :batman:

Ah yeah I see now, manson's done his suit too by the looks of it :D

It does look great though, I actually think it could work having after having a look at that MA with a similar paintjob. This with floyd, kill switch and sustainer would be perfect to me.

Whose guitar is this btw? :batman:

Interesting...

I believe it belongs to MindStorm on here (haven't seen him around in a while though), but I'm not sure since there were (at least) two with that paint job.

And do you mean something like works 037 with a fuzz factory instead of X-Y pad? Or would it have a pickguard?

A bit like #037, but I'd just have a stock MA-2T customised, rather than a full custom build, so it would have a scratchplate. The only picture I've seen of #037 the paintjob looks MENTAL :eek:

A bit like #037, but I'd just have a stock MA-2T customised, rather than a full custom build, so it would have a scratchplate. The only picture I've seen of #037 the paintjob looks MENTAL :eek:

Mm refinishing jobs. does that justify a manson logo? like if i refinished a fender could i ask for a manson logo at the top? :p

The one on Facebook? Wish I had a chance to see that finish in real life... :ninja:

I did see this up close though. Various bits light up when it's plugged in as well

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/co6c/imageymz

Oh and the surf green MA-2B is done apparently. Excited to see it, and I bet you are too...!

Archived