matthijs

Didn't Bs get a lot of updates and photos of his guitar during it's build? Maybe because his emails were so long they just gave in ha.

Yeah, though it was also probably to help him decide on a few things (black or silver knobs mainly, but I also remember different control layouts he had to choose from)

They've been pretty good with keeping me updated with mine. I didn't get that many pictures of the first one as it came together pretty quickly, but I got a fair few pictures of the second, and a few of the third (mainly towards the end though)

They've been pretty good with keeping me updated with mine. I didn't get that many pictures of the first one as it came together pretty quickly, but I got a fair few pictures of the second, and a few of the third (mainly towards the end though)

I'd say you're a little bit more valuable to them than the average customer ;)

If in honest if I paid £4000 for a guitar I would expect updates, build pics and details along the way. They seem to have forgotten the customer is always right, and should be treated as such. Heck my local bike shop send you updates and pics on builds and that's just for a bicycle

Didn't Bs get a lot of updates and photos of his guitar during it's build? Maybe because his emails were so long they just gave in ha.

Once they were actually working on it to get it finished, I did get a lot of updates and photos and stuff, but there had obviously been a lot of delays and periods of no progress or contact for months and so on as well. I think once they finally got round to it, they wanted to make sure I had progress pictures of it after taking so long, but it was also needed to check that I was happy with everything as it was going down I suppose, having planned it so meticulously. I do have about 50 pictures from the build though, but there was a gap of about four or five months in there somewhere when they got bogged down with MBs and everything and it all got put on hold.

Once they were actually working on it to get it finished, I did get a lot of updates and photos and stuff, but there had obviously been a lot of delays and periods of no progress or contact for months and so on as well. I think once they finally got round to it, they wanted to make sure I had progress pictures of it after taking so long, but it was also needed to check that I was happy with everything as it was going down I suppose, having planned it so meticulously. I do have about 50 pictures from the build though, but there was a gap of about four or five months in there somewhere when they got bogged down with MBs and everything and it all got put on hold.

cool

I've had the last one on order since last october I think, and haven't really heard anything besides that the wood is gluing up (which was recent). Not really bothered though; it's always the first build that seems to take forever to finish (in my case it was the MB-1, which was finished on time, but still seemed like an eternity)

I hate the way it's all blacked out, looking as if done by MS paint. It loses all contrast.

NotForSale.jpg~original

Better? :ninja:

cool

I've had the last one on order since last october I think, and haven't really heard anything besides that the wood is gluing up (which was recent). Not really bothered though; it's always the first build that seems to take forever to finish (in my case it was the MB-1, which was finished on time, but still seemed like an eternity)

NotForSale.jpg~original

:D

cool

NotForSale.jpg~original

Looks like the midi strip surround is just for show in that pic!

Soooo, my custom one should reach the stage of completion, yet I don't know anything about it... 13 months have passed since the deposit and i have received exactly 1 update of a couple of words. The other times i had to beg for it myself. Kinda sad that i haven't received one picture of it and the next mail will probably be to tell me to pay the final sum. I've said it before and say it again: Manson's: Poor customer service!

I kind of know how you feel. But to be fair, each time I've emailed them asking for an update, their replies have been quite prompt.

We're just impatient. And probably just feel, considering it's a big investment, that we would like to be entertained in the meantime considering it's a long time to wait.

I'm even highly entertained by following Musecasters on Instagram with his building progression despite them not even being my guitars.

Looks like the midi strip surround is just for show in that pic!

I believe it is. I do know that it doesn't have the same electronics setup as the other one, even though they have the same control layout

I'm even highly entertained by following Musecasters on Instagram with his building progression despite them not even being my guitars.

:awesome:

What stage is your guitar at now? I know the body was already routed in that picture, so I'm guessing they're putting the finish on (unless the neck isn't ready yet)

Also, maybe this will keep you all busy while you're waiting

http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/manson-j-ster-satin-black-with-green-anodized-hardware-6355

About the whole pictures thing. it irks me a bit I guess. I mean, would still find it odd but less annoying if they just said it's like some policy or something to not post progress pics rather than it takes too much time (presuming they actually said that and not just us speculating) because it does literally only take 20 seconds to take a picture, attach it and send it.

I believe it is. I do know that it doesn't have the same electronics setup as the other one, even though they have the same control layout

:awesome:

What stage is your guitar at now? I know the body was already routed in that picture, so I'm guessing they're putting the finish on (unless the neck isn't ready yet)

Also, maybe this will keep you all busy while you're waiting

http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/manson-j-ster-satin-black-with-green-anodized-hardware-6355

Last I heard (a couple of weeks ago) they were still trying to get the colour right. It's been at this stage for a while. They couldn't shed any light on how long it's going to take to complete from this point though.

Last I heard (a couple of weeks ago) they were still trying to get the colour right. It's been at this stage for a while. They couldn't shed any light on how long it's going to take to complete from this point though.

Yeah, it seems like it might be difficult to get the color exact when it's a one off like that. The MA-2 I sold you was meant to be the same as the pelham blue MA custom, but it ended up being a little more pale and dark compared to that. Then there's that MA-1 in the shop which is different from both of them.

Also, what body wood is it?

27908_192814364259595_2143363596_n.jpg

guessing it's alder

edit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manson-MB-1-Matt-Bellamy-Signature-Guitar-Muse-/131169273261

I wonder why he took it down

About the whole pictures thing. it irks me a bit I guess. I mean, would still find it odd but less annoying if they just said it's like some policy or something to not post progress pics rather than it takes too much time (presuming they actually said that and not just us speculating) because it does literally only take 20 seconds to take a picture, attach it and send it.

i would disagree. a lot of these guitars are individual designs, so when building you can follow a design but things change on the build to make it work better or look cooler. this has a curtain flow and stopping for photos breaks that flow, i know you say it takes 20 seconds but sometimes its better just to get on with the build

Would you ask a mechanic or plumber for photo updates? :)

A quick snap at the end of the day wouldn't break the flow though.

A mechanic or plumber doesn't take over a year to get the job done, even though there's more work involved in first and second fixing a new house for plumbing...

I know they don't HAVE to do photo updates but it would def make the wait easier for people to know they were at least making progress.

Yeah, it seems like it might be difficult to get the color exact when it's a one off like that. The MA-2 I sold you was meant to be the same as the pelham blue MA custom, but it ended up being a little more pale and dark compared to that. Then there's that MA-1 in the shop which is different from both of them.

Also, what body wood is it?

27908_192814364259595_2143363596_n.jpg

guessing it's alder

edit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manson-MB-1-Matt-Bellamy-Signature-Guitar-Muse-/131169273261

I wonder why he took it down

Yeah, Alder it is.

What woods are beneath the Glitter Blue?

Yeah, Alder it is.

What woods are beneath the Glitter Blue?

That's also alder. Curious what alder and twin P90s will sound like; I imagine close to the MB-2, but maybe not as bright.

Alder on the right, and 'mahogany' on the left.

That one is honduran cedar (I think). Is that anything like mahogany? I recall they said the sound was somewhere between ash and mahogany at least

Archived