matthijs

Oh, and that supernova guy on Ebay is constantly selling dodgy guitars left,right and centre. Keeps posting links on various Facebook pages... and he looks weird.

XS5gRui.jpg

He's listing it as a replica now, but it doesn't really make him look any better as it appears to be one of those rareelectricguitar replicas which cost $300 (and are probably horrible to begin with)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Manson-MB-1-Replica-Gitarre-Matt-Bellamy-Replica-Guitar-Muse-/131179406462

He's listing it as a replica now, but it doesn't really make him look any better as it appears to be one of those rareelectricguitar replicas which cost $300 (and are probably horrible to begin with)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Manson-MB-1-Replica-Gitarre-Matt-Bellamy-Replica-Guitar-Muse-/131179406462

Hmm... He seems to have swapped out the knobs to the custom ones on this listing. I thought it looked like the rare electric one too.

I actually talked to someone who bought the MB-1 replica from rare electric. They said the guitar itself was of decent quality, wood wasn't total crap, neck felt nice, finish was good. Basically the electronics were just junk though, and all needed to be ripped out and re-installed.

HAH! Sock it!

If only you knew!

Hmm... He seems to have swapped out the knobs to the custom ones on this listing. I thought it looked like the rare electric one too.

I actually talked to someone who bought the MB-1 replica from rare electric. They said the guitar itself was of decent quality, wood wasn't total crap, neck felt nice, finish was good. Basically the electronics were just junk though, and all needed to be ripped out and re-installed.

I think those are those chrome gretsch style knobs that can be bought from wdmusic rather than the ones like Mansons does (or the ones on ebay uk)

And that's interesting. I would've thought they were like the other ones coming out of china for the past several years, which have been firewood (or whatever you want to call them)

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/824359-post90.html

And that's interesting. I would've thought they were like the other ones coming out of china for the past several years, which have been firewood (or whatever you want to call them)

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/824359-post90.html

Yea, the wood could be the exact same as the ones seen in the MLP thread, I am just going by what the person who bought the mattocaster from the site said. He obviously never stripped the guitar, so he couldn't fully speak to what is under the finish.

i would disagree. a lot of these guitars are individual designs, so when building you can follow a design but things change on the build to make it work better or look cooler. this has a curtain flow and stopping for photos breaks that flow, i know you say it takes 20 seconds but sometimes its better just to get on with the build

Would you ask a mechanic or plumber for photo updates? :)

No but most plumbing doesn't cost £4000 and you don't get any enjoyment from plumbing. Plus your plumbing is in your house you can visually look at it recognise where your money is going, your plumbing is not in a shop in Exeter. Let's face it there is no reason not to send pictures anyone who says else is blinded by love!

Also plumbing doesn't take 8 months...

Exactly, if I'm honest, if you look at the guitar making industry subjectively it is almost laughable it is so far behind most other markets its crazy! God knows if a company took the attitude of say a company like Bose or Giant and treated you like a god when purchase something they could dominate the higher end of guitars in a instant!

Yea, the wood could be the exact same as the ones seen in the MLP thread, I am just going by what the person who bought the mattocaster from the site said. He obviously never stripped the guitar, so he couldn't fully speak to what is under the finish.

Fair enough. Did his have an ebony fretboard? supernova's looks like it does, but it could be particle board with shoe polish for all I know

"This is a private auction, no guarantee, warranty or return!"

I really hope he doesn't rip anyone off, but ebay usually tends to side with the buyer anyway

Fair enough. Did his have an ebony fretboard? supernova's looks like it does, but it could be particle board with shoe polish for all I know

"This is a private auction, no guarantee, warranty or return!"

I really hope he doesn't rip anyone off, but ebay usually tends to side with the buyer anyway

The person seemed to think all the wood was legit, but I not aware of any credentials they may have to make that judgement beside being a muse fan.

The person seemed to think all the wood was legit, but I not aware of any credentials they may have to make that judgement beside being a muse fan.

I wouldn't trust them in that case.

It's probably real wood and everything, but I'd find it a bit strange if they are using ebony (especially when they claim it's rosewood)

Also

9w9iTOn.jpg

Can't tell if they ended up repairing it. Obviously has new strings anyway. Not sure what I would do if it were me... probably would leave it as is and put it on display

I know the guy who ended up with Matt's old peavey (which was split in half) repaired it.

If it was still working and just beaten up a bit I'd restring it, buy a red suit and prance around in my living room

:LOL: I'd probably wall mount it as a prized possession... Just like my signed OoS CD has been retired, too special to touch!

If it was still working and just beaten up a bit I'd restring it, buy a red suit and prance around in my living room

me too

looked like it was basically fine, except for the neck joint maybe

386471_544137325626214_106630332_n.jpg

also, sidious, look what i found

Archived