Niall

But still shouldn't every little thing help. I mean just lop off 100 000 members.

Hard drive usage only really effects the speed of a machine when it gets really, really full. Each use probably only occupies a few kb. And afaik we're not short on hard drive space anyway, so I can't see any reason for pruning them.

Spambots we want to get rid of those because they mean we get annoying emails and they can sometimes attract more spambots.

Some time in the very near future will be removing the Social Groups and Friends features from the Muse message board.

Unfortunately the social groups do not have the moderation tools we normally use for keeping the board spam free and therefore in light of the prolific use of this area of the board by spambots, and very little use by regular members, we will deactivating it.

The largest group using this function has already been informed, and we would like to extend the invitation to any group that wishes to continue to move to Love Boat by creating a new thread there for it. If so, please do this as soon as possible as we are looking to make the changes next week.

We also plan on removing the Friends feature, although this will be open to discussion. If you can justify why it is a useful feature on the board please say so below and we'll consider retaining it. :)

The Muse Messageboard staff

But i love my friends!! and how am i going to know new people for other countries?? noo, please dont take groups and friends off! :'(

I remember viewing the currently active members list sometimes can get insane. The amount of Yahoo slurp spiders or whatever they were called! So many other spam bots as well...all reading threads or sometimes your user info.

The spiders are fine...it's what they find we need to worry about! We don't want google indexing pages and pages of well documented spam content here.

But i love my friends!! and how am i going to know new people for other countries?? noo, please dont take groups and friends off! :'(

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but anyway.

They're not gonna do anything to your ability to get to know more people. You can get to know them just as well even if they're not on your friends list.

Mm that's a point, if the feature is removed the previous private content might be public again or have to be deleted, and neither seem like things we should do.

If people were that arsed they can delete them themselves innit, fuck 'em all.

But without a friends list how will people know how popular I am :phu:

Not as popular as me :phu:

But if you're not on my list of friends, how will I know if you're my friend or not? :unsure:

Well there's a very simple way of telling and all you need is a mirror.

Are you hot? If not, you're not my friend.

If you need to have them on a list that says "friends" to talk to them, I doubt they're really friends anyway.

i dont need them on a list called "friends" but i think it is better to have them on a list, even when the list is called "F*cking crazy musers" or idk what the hell more, it is just that i like the board as it is now....

Archived