T2L definitely but TR, really? Both Uprising and the album were heavily promoted imo, and then there was the USoE thing. Not to mention Twilight.

TR was promoted more without a doubt but I don't think it's surprising popularity was fully capitalised upon. NSC wasn't really pushed though in all honesty.

Edit: The May release was fairly expected.

Which is usually considered a good thing.

I agree, it's great if your 'product' is surprisingly more popular than anticipated. My point is just that the people in charge of getting the most out of the 'product' could have capitalised on this popularity - though for all we know Muse may have said not to.

It's quite well documented that record sales are pittance for most artists nowadays, adding to that the increased volume of music that is now streamed instead.

Muse still need to make money. With a live show with as big a draw as their's is, regardless of spend, we would be kidding ourselves if we didn't think the touring was a decent earner.

Album wise if they're not back in the studio next Monday then I think we will be waiting till the new year.

Archived