I'm actually baffled at the amount of people who like/love the latest LP album.

I gave it a listen. It's pretty generic. I think many people are worshipping it simply because it follows a similar vein to their early career. The quality of the music itself comes secondary to this.

...Is that some kind of sick, twisted joke?!?!

Their new album is the best thing they've done since Hybrid Theory and Meteora! The fans are all rejoicing and finally got what they wanted. Chester's scream is back and the band worked the hardest they ever have on an album!

The drummer had to take fitness classes and nearly got put into hospital he got worked so hard!

Each to their own I guess...but I loved the hunting party and think it's possibly their best release yet.

The riffs are stale, the songs are devoid of ideas and the performances really aren't that heavy or impressive. Bourdon's drumming doesn't come close to the most active I've heard from bands in that scene. Plus the shift itself is a cowardly one- if they'd built on the successful experiments from the last couple of albums (though there were certainly failures too) it'd be a much better album, but they've reverted to the extent that it sounds like demos for Hybrid Theory.

For me the bottom line is that if you set it beside the best music from the music it draws from, it isn't anything like as challenging, inventive, exciting or emotionally involving. I feel a need to lay down some "I like heavy music credentials" so people don't start saying I couldn't take the br00tality.

Worse than Minutes? Fuck off.

I thought Minutes had some good points, and was more memorable for better and for worse. Though arguably THP was just more disappointing.

Chevelle influence pls Muse

They're already influenced by Tool and Deftones, so I'd say Chevelle influence is rather pointless.

The riffs are stale, the songs are devoid of ideas and the performances really aren't that heavy or impressive. Bourdon's drumming doesn't come close to the most active I've heard from bands in that scene. Plus the shift itself is a cowardly one- if they'd built on the successful experiments from the last couple of albums (though there were certainly failures too) it'd be a much better album, but they've reverted to the extent that it sounds like demos for Hybrid Theory.

For me the bottom line is that if you set it beside the best music from the music it draws from, it isn't anything like as challenging, inventive, exciting or emotionally involving. I feel a need to lay down some "I like heavy music credentials" so people don't start saying I couldn't take the br00tality.

...Riffs stale...?! Aren't that heavy or impressive?!

...what?!

It's like you are speaking Chinese right now...

I can't even fathom such comments!

It was the most inventive guitar work they've ever had on one of their albums and...actually I can't even be bothered debating this.

It's probably their best yet anyways and how someone could find such an explosive album boring is beyond me! The people they featured on the album was also a great touch. The heavy Darren Malakian track was amazing.

Coming back to muse...

Will Muse feature anyone on album 7? They really should!

Will Muse feature anyone on album 7? They really should!

Depends who it would be I suppose. If Tom Morello made a guest appearance doing a solo or someone/something along those lines, I'd be fine with that, but too many artists nowadays have too many "featuring *insert artist*" songs on their albums.

Depends who it would be I suppose. If Tom Morello made a guest appearance doing a solo or someone/something along those lines, I'd be fine with that, but too many artists nowadays have too many "featuring *insert artist*" songs on their albums.

After the rubbish him and linkin park made together he can stay well away thanks!

...Riffs stale...?! Aren't that heavy or impressive?!

...what?!

It's like you are speaking Chinese right now...

I can't even fathom such comments!

It was the most inventive guitar work they've ever had on one of their albums and...actually I can't even be bothered debating this.

It's probably their best yet anyways and how someone could find such an explosive album boring is beyond me! The people they featured on the album was also a great touch. The heavy Darren Malakian track was amazing.

Do me a favour, and look up songs off Jane Doe by Converge, Relationship of Command by At the Drive-In, In On The Kill Taker by Fugazi for starters. Then you'll see what I mean by The Hunting Party not being that powerful or interesting in comparison. It borrows liberally from thrash and post-hardcore bands, which other acts have been doing for decades.

The track with Malakian was like a System b-side. Actually, I've heard some System b-sides, and they were better- it lacks the fire and/or weird edge which characterises System's best material. As for Morello, I've never heard such a pathetic waste of a guest.

Agreed. I was really excited when I heard he was going to be on the Linkin Park album...then I heard the song and I was immediately disappointed. Maybe he should stay away based on that effort!

If Muse actually have him do something other than go-nowhere noodling, it'll probably be good.

After the rubbish him and linkin park made together he can stay well away thanks!

come on, it was only one song. And he could make something really good with Muse, I'm sure they could create something amazing. I'd also love to see Jack White do a solo possibly, although blues may not really suit heavy rock.

come on, it was only one song. And he could make something really good with Muse, I'm sure they could create something amazing. I'd also love to see Jack White do a solo possibly, although blues may not really suit heavy rock.

Jack White and Matt Bellamy in a studio! That would be interesting. That's like putting Willy Wonka and the Mad Hatter together. Shit would be bananas.

Archived