As were most of us, many of us were at those gigs. Yes it was great, but they had 2 less albums to service at that point.

But the amount of albums isn't a problem if you're only playing 16 songs a night. Add two songs, problem solved.

Although if Matt is gonna keep up with these insane vocals, I'm a lot more understanding to the short sets. Last tour however...

The only reason the fans bitch is because they get no acknowledgement. Toss in Muscle Museum/Showbiz/Sunburn and Dead Star/Citizen Erased/Micro Cuts/Fury at least once every show and it will stop. Trust me, I remember the board while they played some of this stuff regularly during BHaR

This. If they played even just one wild card song every night of the tour, almost everyone complaining would be a lot happier with the setlist. Plus it would add make the anticipation before the show so much greater.

But the amount of albums isn't a problem if you're only playing 16 songs a night. Add two songs, problem solved.

Although if Matt is gonna keep up with these insane vocals, I'm a lot more understanding to the short sets. Last tour however...

This gig was a short one, so it's understandable.

The long sets like the stadiums, there is no excuse. Except those sets do have unexpected tracks. The last stadium one I was at (2010) got MK Ultra, Ruled By Secrecy, Bliss... the on before (2007 had Unintended, AP)

Festivals are greatest hits, that's standard. Reading 2011 being an exception.

The debate is about the arena gigs of course...which should prolly be a couple songs longer to facilitate a fan servicer or 2.

I'm talking about the whole "they played CE at least 30-40 times during the TR tour."

You said they played it that much throughout the TR tour. I was counting them out.

To be fair, I've seen Citizen Erased more times that New Born and although neither of them got a bad reaction it isn't hard to work out which got the better one.

Sloppy and ridiculous as it was, I thoroughly enjoyed the gig tonight. Matt was like another person, throwing himself around the stage with a couldn't give a fuck attitude we haven't seen in years. Shame that he seems to have lost all interest in PiB (the "I've been in trouble" falsetto just sounded awkward) but at least they it was entertaining.

All the new songs look pretty awesome live and we've seen from the Radio 1 footage that they're on absolute top form when they want to be. Just wish they could sort the set length/rotation. One song from Absolution is shameful no matter what the occasion.

I'm not a Lady Gaga fan, so I wouldn't be particularly excited if they somehow did a collaboration or something. To each their own though.

Matt and LG both have quite strong ranges for pop artists and both think outside the box when it comes to music so I think it would work if they had full creative control over the sob.

NB/SS is fair imo. So is MoTP/Hysteria.

Agreed.

I still hope they play NB faster though. The energy was there (a bit, it felt heavy as it should be), but too fucking slow.

MoTP/Hysteria is legit. Of course I'd rather have MoTP & Hysteria instead of TiRO & Starlight, yeah. But I don't complain, that's not the problem

I'm happy. A little bit of rotation would go a long way for Muse. 10 regulars and 8 rotated wouldn't be sniffed at by me.

Obviously Stockholm Syndrome is class, but they've played it every time I've seen them.

What would the 8 rotations be? Technically Guiding Light was rotated with MK Ultra and Citizen Erased and you know how they treated both of those...

Stockholm Syndrome/New Born rotation is not on. SS is my favourite song, New Born is in my top 5 Muse songs. Wish they'd play both in the same gig :(

SS was always the song I could rely on seeing at a gig because it is epic live, and the riffs afterwards are fun for the band to play, but no Muse, that's fine, cut it... :'(

But hey, at least they dropped Undisclosed Desires (for now :ninja:)

Archived