How did you become a Muse fan?

MandaF

I became Muse fan somewhere in early 2010,maybe February or March.I was watching MTV,and on Serbian MTV channel there is a show called "3 from 1",where they play 3 songs from the one artist,and it was Muse.I immediately loved the Resistance,New Born and Supermassive Black Hole (which I knew before,but didn't bother to look up for the artist),and as soon as possible got all of their albums and became obsessed with Matt's voice and guitar playing(among other things,such as Dom's excellent drumming and Chris' mad bass skills).

I think I posted here a short version of my "story" when I joined here, but now I feel like thinking about all the wasted opportunies for me to get into Muse earlier...

My earliest memory of Muse is from early 2007 I think, I was watching some music channel with my parents and Knights of Cydonia came. I remember thinking that the video is from some movie and the song is made for it :LOL: That's probably because I had watched spaghetti western films with my dad and the song and video reminded me of them. Shame on me, but I was too stupid to start liking them back then even though I liked KoC (I wouldn't remember it so clearly otherwise) I was about 11 years old and listened mainly shitty pop music...

Then when I was 13 years old in 2009 I stopped listening to pop music and started listening only classical music for some reason. I can remember again watching music channels, seeing Uprising and Undisclosed Desires and thought they were all right, but not good enough for me to start loving them. I can also remember seeing Neutron Star Collision and laughing at its video because I hated Twilight :D I thought that song would be nice without those scenes from Twilight.

Early 2011 I saw some guy performing Uprising in American Idol and remembered that song again and downloaded it. At the same time my sister bought Guitar Hero 3 and 5, those ones that have KoC and PiB. I had totally forgotten KoC, had heard it last time many years ago. I was so happy to have found it again, fell in love with it and listened to it all the time. PiB wasn't so good imo then, don't know why, maybe it sounded too weird still for me. Then few months later, I watched some movie tribute videos in YouTube and found Time Is Running Out, Hysteria and Hyper Chondriac Music because of those videos. I thought, are these all good songs from one band and listened more songs; Starlight, Resistance, Sunburn, SMBH, Feeling Good and New Born. I was in love and had to buy all of their albums!

So from the beginning of last year, I listened to Muse all day and night :D OoS became immediately my favorite album, when I heard Citizen Erased first time I was crying because it was so perfect. Same thing happened with almost all of the songs and I just thought why I didn't get into them earlier :( Found all the b-sides also and songs like Glorious, Con-Science and Dead Star sounded just something bigger than life. I watched maaaany of their live performances and was just stunned. Luckily they were coming to Finland in December and I knew I had to be there. I didn't get a standing ticket, but the gig was still the best experience of my life so far, even though I went totally crazy there and can't remember almost anything... and I can't wait to see them again in July in Helsinki, this time I'll be at the barrier, no matter what!

I'm not exaggerating when I say Apocalypse Please (the very first song) was pretty much a life-affirming moment for me.

It's amazing reading everyone's stories, really interesting. It just goes to show how Muse has affected our lives :love:

For me, the life-affirming moment was and remains B&H; there's so much meaning in that song for me. I just hope it gets played this summer (x fingers because it's the Absolution 10yr anniversary...)

There wasn't one particular moment that made me become a Muse fan. It was a combination of my dad recommending them after hearing Starlight on the radio, and hearing Uprising on Guitar Hero which made me take notice of them. Then I listened to Absolution and recognised TIRO and Hysteria, while Fury became my instant favourite.

Archived