How did you become a Muse fan?

MandaF

I remember back around 2001 and hearing the likes of Plug In Baby, Bliss and New Born on MTV2 and thinking "these guys are pretty good".

After some time I kind of forgot about them for a while until a little while before the release of Absolution and I seen the video for Stockholm Syndrome, again on MTV2 and thought "wow, these guys are really good".

I kind of become obsessed with the song and before the album was released I heard Hysteria and Time Is Running Out and decided I had to buy the album.

I remember I bought it the day it came out along with Limp Bizkit's 'Results May Vary' which was released on the same day (a quickly forgotten album).

I got home that day and listened to Absolution lay on my bed and after the album had finished I remember thinking to myself that I'd just listened to something special.

Absolution to this day remains my favourite album.

Used to hear Plug in Baby and New Born on the UK TV channel Kerrang! back in 2001. Really liked them from these songs and my friend was already a big fan at this point. I borrowed Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry from him (didn't actually listen to Showbiz) but loved OOS and used to listen to it constantly, and got my own copy. Got the Hullabaloo CD when it came out and got to know Showbiz and Muscle Museum from the live CD, so went back and bought Showbiz. I've pretty much just continued from then.

Heard Unintended on Trigger Happy TV and liked it.

The a combination of hearing New Born on Kerrang and my brother borrowing OoS made me like them more. Kind of forgot about them until Stockholm Syndrome came out, My ex kept putting Absolution on in his mum's car and I fell in love with it and downloaded all their b sides.

It wasn't until February of 2010 I became a Muse fan. I had heard a few cool songs on the radio recently, and every time I looked into who was behind those stand-out songs, it was always "Muse." I ended up getting Black Holes and Revelations on my iPod, and becoming totally obsessed with Take a Bow & Knights of Cydonia. I looked into them more, and ended up getting their album Absolution. It was then that I just totally fell in love. :LOL: Then I listenened to The Resistance, then Origin of Symmetry & Showbiz lastly, and was totally blown away each time. I'm a fan of every Muse album, quite honestly, but I think I owe it to the song Falling Away With You that I am such an obsessive Muser now, as that song was what took Muse, a band that I really liked, to MUSE, ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BANDS IN THE UNIVERSE!! :D:dance: Now that I'm an obsessive Muser, I'm excited beyond words for The 2nd Law, and it's my greatest dream of all now to see them live!!!! :awesome:

First I heard of them somewhere in 2009, but I didn't like them at all back then. Then I heard Undisclosed Desires in early 2010 and I looked them up on Youtube and started listening to songs like MK Ultra, Resistance and stuff. I talked a lot about them to my friends and on my 13th birthday my friend bought me Showbiz~ I knew they were coming to Finland but I wasn't allowed to go so I just sat in front of my computer listening to their other songs. I ended up buying Origin of Symmetry, Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance all in the same time and yep the rest is history :rolleyes: Seeing them for the first time in December after the wait, fuck yes.

May 2010 :)

I heard Undisclosed Desires on the radio and about a week later I played cod4 with Uprising as background music

then I checked out uprising on youtube and also found out UD was from the same band.

After about 30 minutes I listened to Map of the Problematique and that made me an instant fan!

Still my all time favourite song since then :)

May 2010 :)

I heard Undisclosed Desires on the radio and about a week later I played cod4 with Uprising as background music

then I checked out uprising on youtube and also found out UD was from the same band.

After about 30 minutes I listened to Map of the Problematique and that made me an instant fan!

Still my all time favourite song since then :)

If cod4 is City of Delusion, and MOTP is still your favourite song then.....

:stongue:

Will you marry me?

It was in 2001 or 2002, really don't remember, but I was at Ikea with my parents. I got a bit tired and bored of all the walking around and my parents was discussing a kitchen or something. So I sat down and watched tv. The Unintended musicvideo came on and that was it.

I have no idea!! I remember the forum was a bit dark and smokey. I can barely remember anything pre 2007 including my son's 1st steps :(

I tried checking Musewiki for you but they've got no details down for that gig, shame :( I guess we'll never know.

Back in 2003 right after Absolution came out TIRO got played alot on this American music channel called Fuse. Hated it the first time I heard it. Then the next few times I heard it it became a guilty pleasure. And eventually I'd watch the channel just to hear the song on a daily basis and a month or so ended up buying Absolution then getting obsessed through the creation of youtube and seeing thousands of videos.

I heard Uprising on the radio, and I was like :eek: this is amazing!!! I saw the title and artist, found it on youtube, and went through a period of only listening to that song and Undisclosed Desires. xD After a while I bought the Resistance and was slowly introduced to the rest of their stuff. :)

That station was also the first station in my area to play Madness. They're awesome.

We had to do a project in school about three countries, so I chose England, Italy and France. We had to also tell something about famous people/things from those countries. I had written about J.K Rowling, nut couldn't decide what else to write about, so I asked for my sister to help me. She suggested that I would write about Muse, so I did and then started listening to them :)

Actually the first time I heard Muse was on 2004 from a compilation album named Superfresh 2 or something, it had TIRO in it. Kinda hooked with the chorus part so I kept rewinding it for a few times back then. But still not a fan of Muse, all I know was that song came from a band called Muse. 2 years later, SMBH came out and my local MTV made it as song of the month for July 2006. I could say I saw SMBH's mv everyday(at least once a day) during that time. 2 months later Starlight mv came out, and became a hit so I kept seeing it and became more aware of Muse.

Aaaand in 2008, I started playing Guitar Hero 3, which had KOC in it. And I was like "whoa, that band again, they must be cool or something" and I often failed in playing KOC, it was the hardest among the other songs from the same stage (which left me even more impression in Muse, actually:LOL: )

And finally came the year that finally made me in love with Muse. It was in 2010, I had this assignment about making a video project on the school. My friends asked if they can borrow my laptop to edit their vids. While one of them was editing his video he also looked up for music from my music library and he ended up choosing Hysteria as intro for his video project. And then because I was curious, I watched his vid and immediately fell in love with Hysteria's basslines(never listened to Hysteria before that time)

So I began digging up Muse, and got amazed by 2007's Wembley performance. So I kept digging and digging..

and now here I am become a Muser among all of you guys :D

I had FIFA 07, which has a mix of Supermassive Black Hole on the soundtrack. That I remember sounded like a really good song, and I liked hearing it when I heard it on other TV programs.

This was before I was majorly into music - I like some odd songs I heard on an NME 2005 mixtape but not a lot. I started buying stuff on iTunes in early 2008, and one of them was SMBH. This led to me finding Starlight, TiRO, Plug in Baby and a couple of others on YouTube, and I loved every second of it.

So before long I had downloaded (nearly - still a few gaps to plug) all of their stuff from iTunes, bought the DVD's, the t-shirts and seen them live three times. All good fun. :)

Okay... here comes my life story :D

It was in 2006, 2007 I think, and I had this program on my PC which could download any free MP3 files off the internet (I have no idea how it worked, but.. it worked). So, someone mentioned the name Muse or I read it somewhere, I don't remember, and since I typed literally EVERY band name I heard into this program, I typed in Muse and the first result was Hysteria. I listened to it and I really loved it, which was weird because I didn't even like rock music at this time (I had my R&B phase... :$) So Hysteria became my new favourite song and I didn't even want to listen to other Muse songs because I loved Hysteria so much. However, one day I looked for other songs and I found Time Is Running Out, which I loved as well. Unfortunately, at this time (I was like 14 or something?) I had no idea how to download whole albums and I had no money, so I listened to these 2 songs over and over again.

Later, I finally managed to get more songs, like Bliss, Falling Away With You, Butterflies & Hurricanes, and many more, I think I had the whole Absolution and BH&R albums and I started to really like this band and rock music in general.

Then... I heard about this movie called Twilight... and some friend of mine forced me to watch it, though I KNEW I won't like it, and yeah... I heard SMBH and I fell off my chair. After this, somehow I was ashamed to like Muse - I really don't know why I acted so stupid, but whenever someone asked me "Hey, do you like Muse, this band who made this cool Twilight song?" I said "Not really, I only like a few songs"... (I still was 15, ok?)

Later in 2010 I gave myself a new try and listened to BH&R. And... did you ever listen to a song and suddenly fell in love with it, though you have listened to it a few times before and only found it "ok"? That's what happened to me with Starlight. I really don't know why I didn't hear the beauty of this song before, it was a whole new situation and it's still my favourite song of all time, there are so many memories involved and Starlight is just MY SONG. This was the start where I really considered myself a Muse fan. I listened to all the other albums, B-sides, watched concert videos, ... and from the 5 studio albums, there are only 3 songs that I don't like very much and the rest is just perfect for me. This band just can't disappoint me and I truly love everything they do.

...I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE 2ND LAW :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Archived