How did you become a Muse fan?

MandaF

sometime in 2003 my friend asked me to help him learn some song on the piano. It turned out to be Apocalypse Please and I basically thought it was the greatest thing ever. Over the next two years I heard some Showbiz stuff now and then, but still didn't actually pay attention to the band until BHAR, when I fully rediscovered Muse and I never looked back.

Hannah, is she your German sister you don't know about. :eek:

My story is rather short:

I liked

at first The Killers (Daddy´s Eyes :supersad: ),

then Coldplay (meh, some good songs.Doesn't bother me anymore.)

and then I discovered Muse and other awesome music. :awesome:

Is that it? I sense your story is more interesting than that. What did you like about them so much that drove you here to become a muser?

It was actually earlier this year when I got into Muse. Go ahead and call me a "noob" Muser xD

I listened to a lot of U2 and Coldplay before I found out about them (still do). Since Muse isn't as popular here in Canada, I never really got a chance to listen to them. I kept seeing their name online and on my iTunes Genius recommendations :p so I searched up "muse" on YouTube and saw that Uprising was obviously their most popular song. I listened to it, and loved it! After that I heard Resistance and Starlight, loved them as well, so the same day I discovered Muse, they were already on my iPod. I went back to listen to a bit of their old stuff and my favourite was Sunburn. I didn't like OoS that much at first. Only Feeling Good. But Absolution blew my mind. Full of gems. Stockholm Syndrome became my favourite, and after that I went back to OoS and I liked PIB and Hyper Music A LOT. I like newer Muse just as much the older stuff, so I liked the songs from BHaR when I looked them up. The Resistance ties Absolution as the best Muse album for me.

So here I am in my The Resistance t-shirt, wasting my time on the Muse Messageboard ;)

Hurr durr, I read those Twilight books in early 2009. I hadn't seen the movies, but I had heard the soundtrack for the first movie was good, so I checked it out at the library. :nerd: LOVED SMBH, but still hesitated to look into Muse too much because I wasn't sure I wanted anything to do with a band that would be on the soundtrack for a cheesy vampire movie. :chuckle: But I succumbed at last and bought BHaR and played it obsessively, then started looking up other Muse stuff on YT. Bought OoS and Abso and was like :pope:, Where has this band been all my life?? The rest is history.

Hurr durr, I read those Twilight books in early 2009. I hadn't seen the movies, but I had heard the soundtrack for the first movie was good, so I checked it out at the library. :nerd: LOVED SMBH, but still hesitated to look into Muse too much because I wasn't sure I wanted anything to do with a band that would be on the soundtrack for a cheesy vampire movie. :chuckle: But I succumbed at last and bought BHaR and played it obsessively, then started looking up other Muse stuff on YT. Bought OoS and Abso and was like :pope:, Where has this band been all my life?? The rest is history.

Noob :phu:

Is that it? I sense your story is more interesting than that. What did you like about them so much that drove you here to become a muser?

There will be a story. Wait for it. :cool:

An appetizer:

Back in the days I thought The Killers were the best Rock band ever, something magical, but also very strange thing happened to my life. Was it an unicorn, was it a space cowboy or was it a weird mustache? No, it was...

I have no idea!! I remember the forum was a bit dark and smokey. I can barely remember anything pre 2007 including my son's 1st steps :(

Hi, if you can remember anything, or even if you have a flyer from the show it would be great to add it to wiki.

Was it this gig: http://www.musewiki.com/Royal_Tunbridge_Wells_Forum_1999-05_%28gig%29

or this one: http://www.musewiki.com/Royal_Tunbridge_Wells_Forum_1999-01_%28gig%29 that you went to?

Maybe it was year 2009 when I heard Uprising? Or a little before of The Resistance when I played GHIII and there was Knights Of Cydonia?

But this is really weird: I saw a dream about Muse. Maybe It was spring in 2012? Yeah, I saw a dream, and the next morning, I started to be Muser. I was crazy about Muse and everything! Every morning I said to my mom: ''I WANT TICKETS TO MUSE GIG IN HELSINKI''. That continues for view weeks and then I got the tickets.

Thank you for that awesome dream, now I'm a HUGE Muser <3

Muser, and pwoud of it!

in 2010 I went to a muse concert with my sister, who had listened to them many years. i knew couple of songs, and had some of them on my ipod, for example uprising, undisclosed and tiro. but i didn't know much about muse really, I thought they were just a rock band with decent songs.

but after the concert ----> the biggest muse fan in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

2002 after hearing In Your World which I fell in love with, couldn't stop thinking about the song but didn't know who it was by until a friend suggested it could be Muse. After that, Absolution came out in 2003 so I bought it, fell in love even more and the rest is history.

Saw Muse at Wembley Stadium in 2007 which was amazing, went to the Teignmouth gigs, both O2 dates in 2009, Wembley in 2010 and now going to both O2 gigs next month

I am a very pwoud, pwoper Muser!

Origin and Showbiz were regular players in our sixth form common room back in 1999-2001. Saying that, I never got *into* them properly back then (I was an anxious teen, I didn't like identifying myself with any particular music because you were instantly pigeon-holed -that sounds pretty pathetic, but only the "freaks" listened to Muse back then).

I re-discovered them around the time of BH&R and listening back to the earlier stuff brought back a lot of memories. I've developed into a pretty eclectic guy in my adulthood and so, Muse appeals in spades. I identify with the band pretty strongly, even though I don't always agree with their artistic direction.

I'm a big NIN fan for similar reasons. Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral were two rediscovered albums in my early-to-mid twenties...

It was about when I am still in high school

I heard Unintended on computer class, wow, it's beautiful. I didn't know who was singing it. I didn't think it was a band.

Two years later, I heard Hysteria. Then I knew it's Muse.

My brother builded a music studio for fun?

There was a band who always covered Muse's song.

And I always heard it on my room. And it made me love those song too :)

At that time, I just knew that Muse consists of 3 member. And the vocalist can play guitar and piano, wow, that's great! But I am still not fan yet :p

Ok, Later, I had internet on my room. being familiar with youtube and watching that video, Stockholm Syndrome Live on.. (Oh I forget :D )

Matt was playing the sound system and played guitar on it, With his true emotion. I watched another Live too and oh, I loved it! :yesey::dance:

So since then, I've been officially fans of Muse. :musesign::kiss:

I knew about them in like 2008 (twilight :$, and I'm male which makes it worse I guess :LOL:) to start with but never paid attention to music at all then but I just said they were shit to annoy my friend :LOL:, then I actually listened to them, starting with the resistance, could only listen to a few songs to start with, then I was told to listen to OoS and I did, thought it was an amazing album, so I bought it, BH&R and Showbiz. Listened to them all, loved them all, then Absolution just killed it for me, that's when I thought hold on a minute, this band is actually really really good, then became obsessed. :happy::musesign:

Archived