How did you become a Muse fan?

MandaF

I was lonely and pregnant in Vienna in January 2000. Listened to lots of radio and they played Muscle Museum. Not sure if it was the loneliness or the hormones, but I have entered the psychotic core of the band's fanbase since I heard the first seconds of the song.

I wish I had become a fan earlier... it's like I've wasted so many years living in oblivion while Muse were making such awesome music and playing all those gigs I'll never attend. But in January 2010 a friend of mine, who usually listens to Rihanna & Co, told me that I should check out Muse, and after a few weeks of procrastinating I did... and changed my life forever! It was love at first sight and it becomes deeper with every day that passes. I'm so happy they came into my life. :p

In 2006, my fiancé from the UK sent me some Muse songs, and I was hooked right away. Black Holes and Revelations became my most favourite album ever, and still is. I had never heard of them before that... but then again, I live in Austria and rarely listen to the radio these days.

My first Muse gig was in Birmingham this October, and it was so cool!!! I'll be seeing them again next Monday in Vienna. :D :D :D

Well a friend told me to check them out and I didn't really know who they were, but I love Muse now! And my aunt was a fan a long time ago but I didn't even notice it haha, but yeah I'm like, a big fan of them now.. My favourite album is definitely Origin of Symmetry and I like their new album as well but Origin of Symmetry is brilliant :happy:

:DMy son told me years ago to listen to Muse but I was into old Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. Got tickets for U2 in 2009 with Muse opening so thought maybe I should give them a listen. Immediately became huge fan. Thanks Red ( aka my son)!

• 2 weeks later...
I've been a fan since the early days, although i only bought Showbiz this year. First heard them in 2000, but really got into them with Absolution and have loved them ever since. None of my friends/family understand my love for this band :$

I'm too. My friends/family don't understand my love for Muse. You're not alone :)

I had been aware of the singles for a few years but bought my first album, BHAR, after hearing Take a Bow on then radio. Bought The Uprising next and recently bought HAARP but I haven't bought any of the other albums as my daughter has all of them so I just listen to hers! She and my son saw them at Wembley Stadium in 2010 and the three of us will be going to the Emirates Stadium in London on May 25 for what will be my first Muse gig. I am so excited I can hardly wait!:D

Oh Wow. How did I ever exist before Muse??? My obsession is rather Newborn.... I remember hearing stuff on the radio for the past few years, thinking wow that's cool, I really like that, but unfortunately having kids/working/ etc distracted me from my first love of music for several years:eek:. Then I think it was Uprising.... had a bit of a David Tennant thing going, and thought Wow that sounds like it should be a Doctor Who theme.... Bought The Resistance, BHAR & OoS, but only really listened to the first half of Resistance (usually in the car, journey was too short to listen to it all :LOL: I found BHAR & OoS far too intense; I could only listen to it for a little while, I really didn't get it. Then I heard that they were phenomenal live, and thought, I want to find out what all the fuss is about. I got tickets for the O2, and in the meantime thought I had better bone up on the back catalogue, whilst waiting for the tour and new album. Having a longer journey to work every day helped - I have listened to nothing but Muse ever since June or July! And I finally got it..... Exogenesis - what an absolute genius......

Then comes the 2nd Law..... and I see them on Jools Holland. First it was Chris's eyes that got me...wow. Then Matt.....OMFG. Seeing him perform Panic Station - I was a goner! :LOL: And yes Dom is a sweetie too!:rolleyes:

I cannot believe what a trio of genius they are. Obsessed? Oh yes! think my fav album is Absolution at the moment.... but then every time I hear any of their songs, I think WOW I LOVE THIS! And I have standing tickets for Emirates Stadium :D

So after 20 years in the musical wilderness, I'm back - and I want a drum kit again. This nearly 40 year old has woken up, and feels alive again!

Sorry for boring everyone, but this aged FanGirl had to let it out somehow:happy:

Oh Wow. How did I ever exist before Muse??? My obsession is rather Newborn.... I remember hearing stuff on the radio for the past few years, thinking wow that's cool, I really like that, but unfortunately having kids/working/ etc distracted me from my first love of music for several years:eek:. Then I think it was Uprising.... had a bit of a David Tennant thing going, and thought Wow that sounds like it should be a Doctor Who theme.... Bought The Resistance, BHAR & OoS, but only really listened to the first half of Resistance (usually in the car, journey was too short to listen to it all :LOL: I found BHAR & OoS far too intense; I could only listen to it for a little while, I really didn't get it. Then I heard that they were phenomenal live, and thought, I want to find out what all the fuss is about. I got tickets for the O2, and in the meantime thought I had better bone up on the back catalogue, whilst waiting for the tour and new album. Having a longer journey to work every day helped - I have listened to nothing but Muse ever since June or July! And I finally got it..... Exogenesis - what an absolute genius......

Then comes the 2nd Law..... and I see them on Jools Holland. First it was Chris's eyes that got me...wow. Then Matt.....OMFG. Seeing him perform Panic Station - I was a goner! :LOL: And yes Dom is a sweetie too!:rolleyes:

I cannot believe what a trio of genius they are. Obsessed? Oh yes! think my fav album is Absolution at the moment.... but then every time I hear any of their songs, I think WOW I LOVE THIS! And I have standing tickets for Emirates Stadium :D

So after 20 years in the musical wilderness, I'm back - and I want a drum kit again. This nearly 40 year old has woken up, and feels alive again!

Sorry for boring everyone, but this aged FanGirl had to let it out somehow:happy:

that is almost identical to my story

that is almost identical to my story

Haha, same here, even down to the bit about the David Tennant thing! :LOL::$:rolleyes::D

Musical wilderness whilst juggling kids, husband, job, life - check.

Then I got a divorce and I woke up :stunned:

My sister wanted to go the the Frequency festival 2010 with me, pulled out at the last moment, and I went alone - Muse was headlining the first night. And that's basically it, no day without them since then... :p

Haha, same here, even down to the bit about the David Tennant thing! :LOL::$:rolleyes::D

Musical wilderness whilst juggling kids, husband, job, life - check.

Then I got a divorce and I woke up :stunned:

My sister wanted to go the the Frequency festival 2010 with me, pulled out at the last moment, and I went alone - Muse was headlining the first night. And that's basically it, no day without them since then... :p

Ah so I'm not the only mad woman then :LOL: God I am obsessed :D

• 2 months later...

I had been stuck on the Killers for a while, and every time I went to the record store to find new stuff my friend would suggest Muse, she had heard they were good. I kept saying no, I thought they were an old (1980ish) band and kept associating them with U2 (I have no idea why).

Finally she bought a CD and loaded the songs onto my ipod (shameful sharing), I was walking home for school one day and had my ipod on shuffle, I did not even know they were on my ipod and Starlight came on and I was blown away.

We both became obsessed and bought all their albums and honestly at first I did not like all of their stuff, but now it is all I listen to (that and Franz Ferdinand).

I had been stuck on the Killers for a while, and every time I went to the record store to find new stuff my friend would suggest Muse, she had heard they were good. I kept saying no, I thought they were an old (1980ish) band and kept associating them with U2 (I have no idea why).

Finally she bought a CD and loaded the songs onto my ipod (shameful sharing), I was walking home for school one day and had my ipod on shuffle, I did not even know they were on my ipod and Starlight came on and I was blown away.

We both became obsessed and bought all their albums and honestly at first I did not like all of their stuff, but now it is all I listen to (that and Franz Ferdinand).

Oh. My. God. :eek: This is pretty much exactly what happened to me!

My friend and I were obsessed with the Killers, and Twilight (sadly). One day she realised that Twilight was inspired by Muse and started listening to them, and loved them. She showed me some of their music and I didn't like it, but she put it on my i-pod for me just incase. One day I was listening to my i-pod and Starlight came on and I loved it, and well, here I am today, four years later! :awesome:

Archived