Right double post tiem! Fuck the police and all that.

The mystery tubes are special IEM transmitters, which are designed to a) cut out interference from all the lights and b) are highly directional so as to stop bootleggers listening into the IEM feeds and taping them.

They also have a much longer range then standard stage transmitters too.

So apparently DigiTech got rid of the CC-0 in the DT, so if you're using MIDI to control it, it works just like the treadle, you can't do momentary stuff where it then automatically goes back to the 0 position anymore...It will always stay in the last position you left it...Stupid people...Still the best pedal in the series though...Just a bit inconvenient not to have the option...

I just tried the MB-1 with the whammy 5 for the first time

it's the same :facepalm: i use the KP2 more, but still... i'm almost considering buying a WH4 again...

also, Jim, serious question ... what's your honest opinion on dumblol type amps? you have to be familiar with them by now

can you not hear the elasticity of the mids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwW3ZbnI6Cw

no, but really, i'm asking because ceriatone is apparently coming out with a 20 watt version, and at less than $700, it's sort of hard to resist...

I just tried the MB-1 with the whammy 5 for the first time

it's the same :facepalm: i use the KP2 more, but still... i'm almost considering buying a WH4 again...

also, Jim, serious question ... what's your honest opinion on dumblol type amps? you have to be familiar with them by now

no, but really, i'm asking because ceriatone is apparently coming out with a 20 watt version, and at less than $700, it's sort of hard to resist...

Just to be sure. The hold switch makes it go from fixed to momentary on the wh4... And that doesn't work for dt and wh5

1928_cork_sniffer_magazine_1.png

My serious opinion is that you can hear the way the fragile harmonics survive through the vacuum of a tube, whereas the crystal lattice of a solid-state amplifier would kill those and make you sound not like John Mayer.

My goofy opinion is that I don't really know anything at all about Dumble amps, which is sort of surprising given my somewhat frequent presence on TGP.

[Hidden=Disclaimer: Satire Alert - Jamie Read this]The IRONY of the above statements, for those who don't understand it, is that the one labeled "serious" is goofy and the one labeled "goofy" is serious. AKA, IT'S A JOKE[/Hidden]

1928_cork_sniffer_magazine_1.png

My serious opinion is that you can hear the way the fragile harmonics survive through the vacuum of a tube, whereas the crystal lattice of a solid-state amplifier would kill those and make you sound not like John Mayer.

My goofy opinion is that I don't really know anything at all about Dumble amps, which is sort of surprising given my somewhat frequent presence on TGP.

[Hidden=Disclaimer: Satire Alert - Jamie Read this]The IRONY of the above statements, for those who don't understand it, is that the one labeled "serious" is goofy and the one labeled "goofy" is serious. AKA, IT'S A JOKE[/Hidden]

tl;dr

you disappoint me. are you just paying attention to the latest true bypass pedals or do you talk about guitars?

*stalks*

which reminds me, i need that wet reverb or whatever it's called SOMEONE BUY MY TC REVERB/1

i am, does yours have MFC mojo?

how come you're using it on US voltage? does it sound better that way? trollface.jpg

No I bought it when I was over in New York a couple of years ago, and it came with a us power supply. I run it through a us-uk voltage transformer thing. Makes no difference at the end of the day. I never really use it though, so I'd consider parting with it. I'm kinda looking at buying an APC40 right now.

Dw, you take it, I'm saving for something anyway

Also Lawrence wants to sell his Reading poster! £20!

He said £15 :phu:

I should really save my money a bit now though, so unless I just cannot pass up whatever he may or may not end up selling it for I'll have to lead it

I've really been hankering to get a good choir voice sample of late. Somewhere between über goth setting like this. (3:27 onwards, sounds like it may be mixed with strings)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ELsTsqvyk

Or a mellotron like sound like this (1:54)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6dCufvUCxA

Or even what Bells was using for undisclosed desires live. Anyone know of any good ones?

Archived