But I thought by becoming a mod, I could then escalate to become an admin...management etc. until finally I'm Matt Bellamy?

Spiderman-that-post-gave-me-cancer.jpg

oh that

yeah, same thing can happen to the binding with shrinking. it's probably still the wood that's causing it though... on my orange guitar, the fretboard has shrunk (just because it's cold in the room) and the fret edges are actually pushing the lacquer out. need to get that sorted.

was your guitar always like this or...?

No i only just noticed it..... I think.

So everything goes back to normal? :( I was hoping for an apocalypse and a merge with banter or something.

if you want bitching, moaning and general girlyness, MM or /b/

It nearly did. Had it renewed at the last minute, though

Question for the experts (Impulse 101?)

I really want to try a wet/dry setup with my amps. How do I go about getting this to work? I bought a suhr line out box, as my amp doesn't have a line out.

So, now that I have a signal at line level, can I just run this into the delay and reverb pedals, and into the FX return of a second amp set clean?

this would be ideal

guitar > whammy, wah, fuzz, phaser, etc > dirty amp > line out > reverb, delay, etc > FX return of clean amp

then there would be an A/B box switching between the inputs of each amp

would that work?

Wouldn't you just:

Guitar > Whammy, wah fuzz, phaser, etc > A/B Box > Dirty amp

> reverb, delay, etc. > clean amp

?

I used to be a huge fan of V necks, now moved on to a slim-to-medium C.

Also, might try to buy one of these tomorrow:

Splash-03.jpg

Yeah I like the C neck on my tele. My mirror replica had the same neck. But I haven't tried the fabled Manson V.

Wouldn't you just:

Guitar > Whammy, wah fuzz, phaser, etc > A/B Box > Dirty amp

> reverb, delay, etc. > clean amp

?

Well the A/B box would switch between the inputs of both amps, so I could use the "wet" amp for a clean sound too. The line out from the dirty amp supposedly needs to go into the power amp only (FX return) of the second amp, rather than the front end (which goes through the preamp section)

But I don't know. I'm not sure what I'll use for a clean amp either... I do have one that I specifically had modded for that purpose, but it doesn't have an FX loop :facepalm:

I used to be a huge fan of V necks, now moved on to a slim-to-medium C.

Was that because the elliott man told you bad things about V necks?

Yeah I like the C neck on my tele. My mirror replica had the same neck. But I haven't tried the fabled Manson V.

What profile(s) did your warmoth necks have?

Reverb and delay pedals are generally designed to work with instrument level inputs. Have you tried them with a line-level input and found that you prefer the sound?

You could set it up with an A/B switch so that A goes into the dirty amp, and B goes to the clean, but if you have it set as you describe, when you switch to clean (into the input on the clean amp) you'll be bypassing the reverb/delay as the input to these comes from the dirty amp.

It all sounds a bit over-complicated to me. I would have...

Guitar -> Whammy, wah fuzz, phaser, etc -> splitter -> A to Dirty amp, B to volume pedal to Delay/verb to clean amp.

Does that make sense? Then you'd use the volume pedal to control the mix.

Something like a Boss LS-2 might be useful though. If your clean amp has two inputs (or just use a splitter) you could have it in mix mode, with A to dirty amp, B to clean, and the output to another input on clean. Then when you turn off the LS-2 you go from wet/dry straight to the clean amp with no dirty, and you can use the knobs to set levels so you don't end up with volume jumps.

Well the A/B box would switch between the inputs of both amps, so I could use the "wet" amp for a clean sound too. The line out from the dirty amp supposedly needs to go into the power amp only (FX return) of the second amp, rather than the front end (which goes through the preamp section)

But I don't know. I'm not sure what I'll use for a clean amp either... I do have one that I specifically had modded for that purpose, but it doesn't have an FX loop :facepalm:

What profile(s) did your warmoth necks have?

They were quite a thin C I think. The 62 tele neck is a bit fatter.

Nope' date=' but that would have been hilarious, I tried around 5 different boxes until I found one that fitted and then used about 3 tonnes of bubble wrap :LOL:[/quote']

I'm going to have to make a video when I receive it.

Not of the guitar, but of the packaging.

Reverb and delay pedals are generally designed to work with instrument level inputs. Have you tried them with a line-level input and found that you prefer the sound?

You could set it up with an A/B switch so that A goes into the dirty amp, and B goes to the clean, but if you have it set as you describe, when you switch to clean (into the input on the clean amp) you'll be bypassing the reverb/delay as the input to these comes from the dirty amp.

It all sounds a bit over-complicated to me. I would have...

Guitar -> Whammy, wah fuzz, phaser, etc -> splitter -> A to Dirty amp, B to volume pedal to Delay/verb to clean amp.

Does that make sense? Then you'd use the volume pedal to control the mix.

Something like a Boss LS-2 might be useful though. If your clean amp has two inputs (or just use a splitter) you could have it in mix mode, with A to dirty amp, B to clean, and the output to another input on clean. Then when you turn off the LS-2 you go from wet/dry straight to the clean amp with no dirty, and you can use the knobs to set levels so you don't end up with volume jumps.

Hmm I didn't know there was a difference with line level.

I see what you mean, but the only thing is that I can't use the delay and reverb with distortion. The first amp has two channels, but I was planning to use the first channel for overdrive, and the second one for lead.

This is about to get very confusing, but is there a way I can get the distorted sound from amp 1 (crunch/lead) going into amp 2 (clean only) and have the delay and reverb pedals working with both amps somehow? so I could have clean OR distorted delay/reverb sounds

If not, I think what you suggested might be a better idea

edit:

internet-memes-like-a-bump-on-the-head.gif

MFC....?

I'm going to have to make a video when I receive it.

Not of the guitar, but of the packaging.

Hmm I didn't know there was a difference with line level.

I see what you mean, but the only thing is that I can't use the delay and reverb with distortion. The first amp has two channels, but I was planning to use the first channel for overdrive, and the second one for lead.

This is about to get very confusing, but is there a way I can get the distorted sound from amp 1 (crunch/lead) going into amp 2 (clean only) and have the delay and reverb pedals working with both amps somehow? so I could have clean OR distorted delay/reverb sounds

If not, I think what you suggested might be a better idea

if you get your distortion on amp1 from it's preamp then you can get that distorted sound out of it's fx loop's send and connect it to your verbs/delays. then with an a/b switch before the effects you can switch between clean guitar/distorted fx send signal.

This is deffinitely pretty confusing!

It sounds like you want one amp for distortion, and the other for clean. On top of that you want to be able to mix in reverb effects to your sound post-distortion... right?

To do that I would set up the two amp heads as pre-amps. Put your "pre effects" first, then at the end of the chain have an A/B/Y to feed both amp inputs. Take both effect sends/line outs/whatever from the amps and send to a mixer, something like the LS-2. The output of the mixer goes to your reverb effects (which hopefully have mix controls on them). The output of your reverb effects goes to the effects return/poweramp in of whichever amp is plugged into a cab.

I may be over-complicating this as i'm not 100% sure what you're trying to acheive. It makes sense though. When I record we'll often use one amp for clean, another for distortion, and then add reverb and delay effects on after using plug-ins.

:LOL: No, I've just grown fonder of the C shape now that I've got 3 going on 4 going on 5 guitars with one

As long as the "wet" amp has an FX loop footswitch, you could just disable it for a straight clean tone.

Archived