Can we just explain it now that it's not even gonna happen?

oh alright. it's not :srsb33f: though

he was upset because i was going to quit the board completely. i told him in private, as i didn't want anyone making a big deal over it.

MFC isn't particularly great at keeping secrets.

then this whole shitstorm started.

and somehow i got sucked back into it. at least temporarily.

SWEET MERCIFUL SHIT!

I take one evening to go spend some time with a few old friends and have a few drinks and a couple of over excited twunts go bat-shit crazy? Congrats, you all deserve to be extradited to Pat Butcher Land. James, you know what I mean by that.

what-is-this-i-dont-even-spiderman.jpg

First and foremost, JAMES DID YOU GET THE NEW LOLDAXE?!?!!!?! How does it compare to the Madrozzo and/or the old Loldaxe? Can we have dslr/non-iphone images and/or sound demoz?

Secondly, I was at a gig last night, and the band were doing cheaper gear the right way! Fucking geniuses at work! The bassist had one of those Rockingbetter basses that are always in trouble for being to similar to Rickenbackers, and the guitarist had something (couldn't see the name on the headstock) that looked just like a Gretsch Duo Jet (in sexy red-black burst). They actually sounded class, kinda blusey-rockabilly type. I couldn't see their gorms, cos i'm vertically challenged, but, the whole thing made me think about cheap gear selection. They seemed to be a good example of how you can be doinitrite with cheap gear. I guess it comes down to your l33t sk1llzz at the end of the day. And how twisty your kaoss pad is, obviously.

Finally, I've noticed a little issue I have with the fretboard on my Spear RD. I can't believe I've never noticed this before. On the edges of the fretboard, it seems to be a bit sharp or something? It's not the fretwire, it's the board itself. Just wondering if either I could sand or file them down a bit, or would I be better getting my local guitar shop to do it (and get the whole thing set up while i'm at it maybe).

Not yet, and as for the fretboard, get your guitar shop to do it. i think i know what you mean though - it probably just shrunk a little.

oh alright. it's not :srsb33f: though

he was upset because i was going to quit the board completely. i told him in private, as i didn't want anyone making a big deal over it.

MFC isn't particularly great at keeping secrets.

then this whole shitstorm started.

and somehow i got sucked back into it. at least temporarily.

So by that Jamie understood that all of KnT was going to close. Smart lad huh. Anyways you can't quit. You are his hero.

Shut your mouth. Everyone knows you are pining for his modship.

:awesome: One day

I'll invite him for some dinner party shit then, without him suspecting a thing will drop a Boss TU1000 on his head, leaving me with his Stealth Manson

Oh yeah and the modship

easiest way to rule yourself out of being made mod? ask to be a mod, or show you're interested. trufax.

it's pretty bad that even when people try to stay ontopic, there's still a few "people" that insist on talking about offtopic bullshit noncontroversy stuff. Fuck off to banter if you want to do that.

/topic

James I just had another look at my fretboard there. What exactually do you mean by "shrunk"? Is it that the wood has shrunk?

James I just had another look at my fretboard there. What exactually do you mean by "shrunk"? Is it that the wood has shrunk?

the fretboard wood. is the sharp part where the fretboard joins the neck? if so, the fretboard has probably shrunk, making the neck and fretboard a bit uneven. that usually happens in the cold or if it dries up too much

k9svnt.jpg

ok, so you can see at the edge of the wood part, there's a tiny strip of white (about 1mm wide) and then that goes 90 degrees to form the side/back of the neck, if that makes sense. It's right on the edge where that white bit "wraps" around the back of the neck if you get me?

Meh I thought it was a pretty big deal. It would have made KnT boring and pretty bad tbh.

OMG LAWL AT THE IRONY HERE :chuckle:

kids eh?

You can't fuck 'em and you can't kill 'em when they tell....not good for anything, really.

/Chedda

:awesome: One day

I'll invite him for some dinner party shit then, without him suspecting a thing will drop a Boss TU1000 on his head, leaving me with his Stealth Manson

Oh yeah and the modship

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The fuck? Your marketing contract with Mansons has expired or what?

(btw i think being merged with MM would have been interesting)

It nearly did. Had it renewed at the last minute, though

Question for the experts (Impulse 101?)

I really want to try a wet/dry setup with my amps. How do I go about getting this to work? I bought a suhr line out box, as my amp doesn't have a line out.

So, now that I have a signal at line level, can I just run this into the delay and reverb pedals, and into the FX return of a second amp set clean?

this would be ideal

guitar > whammy, wah, fuzz, phaser, etc > dirty amp > line out > reverb, delay, etc > FX return of clean amp

then there would be an A/B box switching between the inputs of each amp

would that work?

ok, so you can see at the edge of the wood part, there's a tiny strip of white (about 1mm wide) and then that goes 90 degrees to form the side/back of the neck, if that makes sense. It's right on the edge where that white bit "wraps" around the back of the neck if you get me?

oh that

yeah, same thing can happen to the binding with shrinking. it's probably still the wood that's causing it though... on my orange guitar, the fretboard has shrunk (just because it's cold in the room) and the fret edges are actually pushing the lacquer out. need to get that sorted.

was your guitar always like this or...?

Archived