So there are three different ones? I could only find the AC4TV and AC4C1

And yeah. It doesn't sound too bad in that video - certainly no worse than any other attenuator.

Oh and have you looked at the Marshall 1 watt amps? I don't know if those are still around, but they seemed cool... a bit overpriced though

Yep, here is the HW : http://www.voxamps.com/handwired/ac4hw1/

But it's about £600, too expensive for a 4W amp I'll only use in my apartment. Same for the Marshall JMP1H (+ the cab...).

Merry Xmas btw !

My dad just text me saying they were all watching me on YouTube, including the Sunburn video

Fuk ye

2uh0eog.gif

Yep, here is the HW : http://www.voxamps.com/handwired/ac4hw1/

But it's about £600, too expensive for a 4W amp I'll only use in my apartment. Same for the Marshall JMP1H (+ the cab...).

Merry Xmas btw !

Yeah that's a bit much. The Marshalls are available as combos though, so they might be worth looking into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC5Li_PKdAs

and merry christmas

edit: just realized that's plugged into a 4x12 :facepalm: Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GzOtggvFyY

That's the one I'd get anyway. They have the DSL1, JVM1, etc

2uh0eog.gif

Yeah that's a bit much. The Marshalls are available as combos though, so they might be worth looking into

and merry christmas

edit: just realized that's plugged into a 4x12 :facepalm: Here:

That's the one I'd get anyway. They have the DSL1, JVM1, etc

Yep, but the problem is still the same : about 600€, too expensive for an apartment use only imo.

So I got an Amazon voucher and am struggling to think of what to spend it on

first world problems and all that

any little gear recommendations? At the moment got a bunch of strings and plectrums and jack and xlr cables in my basket. About £100 worth. How depressing

So I got an Amazon voucher and am struggling to think of what to spend it on

first world problems and all that

any little gear recommendations? At the moment got a bunch of strings and plectrums and jack and xlr cables in my basket. About £100 worth. How depressing

What mics you got? You could probably get a pretty decent one for around £100, depending on what it is. Got an MXL V67GS for Christmas, they're like £120ish I think, sounds amazing considering

What mics you got? You could probably get a pretty decent one for around £100, depending on what it is. Got an MXL V67GS for Christmas, they're like £120ish I think, sounds amazing considering

I've got a SM57 at the moment. I wanna get an AKG 414 but that's too much really at the moment. Only got £50 left on the giftcard, and gotta pay remainder of monitors, tattoo etc

EDIT: Actually, anyone else got any guitar mic recommendations? I guess I'll need too if I want to record Hayden and Blackstar both running together

I've got a SM57 at the moment. I wanna get an AKG 414 but that's too much really at the moment. Only got £50 left on the giftcard, and gotta pay remainder of monitors, tattoo etc

Ah right, fair enough. That and a 414 would be a sweet combo

EDIT: Actually, anyone else got any guitar mic recommendations? I guess I'll need too if I want to record Hayden and Blackstar both running together

Couple of 57s for each amp and a nice condenser as a room mic might be tasssssty

Ah right, fair enough. That and a 414 would be a sweet combo

Certainly wouldn't be bad. Gotta retube Hayden first though bla effort. And buy a footswitch for it. Actually will get that with amazon voucher

Can use any footswitch really for changing channels on an amp right?

Certainly wouldn't be bad. Gotta retube Hayden first though bla effort. And buy a footswitch for it. Actually will get that with amazon voucher

Can use any footswitch really for changing channels on an amp right?

Pls see edit

Retubing's simple enough, checking the bias after is a pain though. And yeah I'd imagine anything would be fine

Couple of 57s for each amp and a nice condenser as a room mic might be tasssssty

Only got 2 mic inputs on me interface tho enit

To be honest I'm not sure if one of them is even working at the oment anyway so might only have one working mic input, in which case I'm all set

Pls see edit

Retubing's simple enough, checking the bias after is a pain though. And yeah I'd imagine anything would be fine

Is retubing that simple? I'm a bit reluctant to try/actually buy tubes in the first place

Only got 2 mic inputs on me interface tho enit

To be honest I'm not sure if one of them is even working at the oment anyway so might only have one working mic input, in which case I'm all set

Is retubing that simple? I'm a bit reluctant to try/actually buy tubes in the first place

Ahhh shit yeah, didn't think of inputs. If you wanna use both at the same time then I guess a couple of 57s will do the trick.

Now I've got this V67 (which is totally bling btw, green and gold..), I'm gonna try using my 58 up close to the grill and then using the V67 as a room mic. Could sound pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJaCVldFq0

Just gotta be careful with electricz obviously

I like how the sennheiser MD 421 sounds with the SM57.

Also, do your amps have a preamp out and power amp in on the back? I've been trying to blend another amp with my JVM, and apparently it's possible to do that before it even goes into the cabinet.

It seems to only require running the line out of the first amp into the power amp input of the second amp, and using an A/B box to switch between the amps (or use both)

I'll try to make a video explaining it once I've got my head around it, but it's not quite the same as running two amps completely separate. I think this is considered slaving. Still requires a speaker to be hooked up on both amps anyway.

Oh and as for re-tubing, it's USUALLY the higher power amps that need re-biasing. Most amps below 30 watts don't need any adjusting, but not always

Both Hayden and Blackstar do. Like, the Blackstar at the moment when I get new XLR leads, gonna be mic'ing and running DI out into some cab simulator in Pro Tools. So two blackstars! Hayden's pretty much the same

Gonna buy an A/B-Y box with the amazon voucher to use whichever amp individually or the same time. You don't have a stereo cab do you?

And yay for having amps higher than 30 watts

Both Hayden and Blackstar do. Like, the Blackstar at the moment when I get new XLR leads, gonna be mic'ing and running DI out into some cab simulator in Pro Tools. So two blackstars! Hayden's pretty much the same

Gonna buy an A/B-Y box with the amazon voucher to use whichever amp individually or the same time. You don't have a stereo cab do you?

And yay for having amps higher than 30 watts

Hmm I'd check this slaving method out. It basically runs one amp separately through one cab, and the other amp blended with the first amp through another cab. I'm mainly doing it because there are these phasing issues when switching modes on the JVM channels.

And yeah I do. I usually just use another smaller cab (1x12) when I'm running more than one amp though

Archived