What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Compare those two with tripe like Starlight, Exo-Politics, Undisclosed Desires etc. Even Uprising isn't that good, its comparable to TIRO.

Forgot your wrong opinion of Abso. Are you saying UD is the worst song on TR? UD is great. GL is one of the worst ever. Use that. Resistance is also garbage.

How come everyone hates Starlight? :LOL: UD is one of the better tracks off TR too... better than IBTY (the French bit is crriiingge) and Guiding Tripe ;)

Meh, the only Muse songs I don't think are very good are NSC, the middle of IBTY, GL...

Maybe I'm not one to talk... I reckon Madness will be great. xD

EDIT: TIRO is beautiful.

I like TIRO because it has some bits that are Muse through and through. Like sounds that could only be Muse. and I like the French bit of IBTY purely for the amazing vocals. Seriously you can't dismiss the unbelievably good vocals from Matt.

I like TIRO because it has some bits that are Muse through and through. Like sounds that could only be Muse. and I like the French bit of IBTY purely for the amazing vocals. Seriously you can't dismiss the unbelievably good vocals from Matt.

Since I speak French I do cringe a bit at some parts of the opera section ... Otherwise it's a fantastic song.

Where did this ma ma ma madness thing come from?

I don't really see the French bit as good vocals though... it feels out of place and awkward. I reckon I'd probably like it more if he had sung in English. It's just... cringe. xD The rest of the song is great however, especially the bassoon solo! :LOL:

Forgot your wrong opinion of Abso. Are you saying UD is the worst song on TR? UD is great. GL is one of the worst ever. Use that. Resistance is also garbage.

Yeah don't know how I missed mentioning Guiding Light. Anyways I'm surprised people really think Uprising is a good song. Its good fun live but thats it.

First time I heard it on Zane Lowe's premier I kept thinking this is basically a simplified version of an almost parody-Muse formula. Distorted bass, synth arpeggios, anthemic vocals with lyrics about NWO, a sing along chorus, throw in some simple chords and kind of a solo and presto.

First time I heard it on Zane Lowe's premier I kept thinking this is basically a simplified version of an almost parody-Muse formula. Distorted bass, synth arpeggios, anthemic vocals with lyrics about NWO, a sing along chorus, throw in some simple chords and kind of a solo and presto.

Ok ... so all of Absolution?

I enjoy it. But I mean its kind of enjoyable in the same way TIRO is to me. Neither are great songs for me. I mean just compare it to something like Sing for Absolution and its not even close.

I think as far as lead singles go (forgetting Stockholm and the leads from Showbiz and OoS here) Supermassive > TiRO > Uprising. You can't compare them to SFA and stuff really.

I reckon Madness will be a contender for the top spot though as a lead single.

Yeah... I saw them open with it at Wembley Stadium and it wasn't as 'HOLYCRAPMUSEAREPLAYIING' as KoC at the first Wembley Stadium gigs!

It was good at Teignmouth though.

Fair enough, KoC is a better opener for sure. Uprising still got the job done though, especially with the towers. What a sight.

Archived