What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

I don't like the "cross between 'I Want To Break Free' and 'Faith'" description. Sounds bad :LOL: anyway, soon we'll know for sure. I'm not optimistic though. I've had enough of Muse with "calm, minimal, electronic arrangements" (to quote MuseWiki once more).

Less than 24 hours guys! :awesome:

There have been so many mixed descriptions of the song, it could sound like anything

Personally, i think it will start of with a simple electronic melody then a rhythmic drum line with lots of snare, a grimy distorted catchy bass line which builds gradually as the song progresses. I think the ending will be huge with some crazy grungy guitar going on. And catchy vocals with the 'ma ma ma ma madness madness' thing the DJ's keep tweeting about.

im so excited!

What if Dom does that part? :LOL: :LOL:

I still don't know where people get the mixed descriptions from. Pretty much everything I've read has sounded the same

It's just that they read interviews you haven't read :phu:

No actually all the description hint for basically the same thing: 12-bar blues, electronic vibe. depeche mode arrangements, great melody, minimal start and progressive buildup.

Sounds good.

I have to say I'm super excited for Madness, can't wait. The hype's gotten to me, which usually means one thing...disappointment :awesome:

Oh well, tomorrow we'll know.

Yeah I'm really excited too! Can't wait to see the artwork, b sides, and all that as well as hear it.

I'm not too certain about what it's gonna be like. I'm finding it hard not to see picture Muse with cheesy vocals and Queen-esque pomp recently. I'd like to hope it won't be like that though and will help me to stop thinking like that.

And I know 'Unsustainable' wasn't like that at all, quite the opposite, but then that wasn't a normal, simple, lead single type song. I'm sure I'm just being pessimistic though.

I'm excited for the single, but I'm not overly optimistic. I think that the realists on the board have accepted that they'll never reach the heights of OOS and Abso again. In that sense, I'm glad that they're embracing change, even to become an experimental band, because they always have those two albums to fall back on.

If there are 3/4 songs that have the standard to become setlist regulars in the the future setlists of another 2 album cycles, then I'll be happy.

I'm excited for the single, but I'm not overly optimistic. I think that the realists on the board have accepted that they'll never reach the heights of OOS and Abso again. In that sense, I'm glad that they're embracing change, even to become an experimental band, because they always have those two albums to fall back on.

If there are 3/4 songs that have the standard to become setlist regulars in the the future setlists of another 2 album cycles, then I'll be happy.

I think they easily surpassed Abso many times. OoS remains my favourite album but I wouldn't say that they won't surpass it.

I think they easily surpassed Abso many times. OoS remains my favourite album but I wouldn't say that they won't surpass it.

I wouldn't say so. Maybe a few songs on the two recent albums can stand with and even surpass some of Abso and OoS but even the worst songs on Absolution are great. Can't say the same for BH&R and TR

I just imagined Matt singing MA MA MA MA Madness to a catchy melody and it was amazing. I get the feeling it's going be one that sticks in your head!

That's a double edged blade in my opinion. I might be tempted to burn the song due to overplaying it.

Ya no... Not at all.

I'd go with TIRO being the worst on there and its nothing special but its not really bad. Alot of people would say FAWY but thats still a great song, as is Endlessly (common least favorites from Abso)

Compare those two with tripe like Starlight, Exo-Politics, Undisclosed Desires etc. Even Uprising isn't that good, its comparable to TIRO.

This is all opinion though so meh. :happy:

I'd go with TIRO being the worst on there and its nothing special but its not really bad. Alot of people would say FAWY but thats still a great song, as is Endlessly (common least favorites from Abso)

Compare those two with tripe like Starlight, Exo-Politics, Undisclosed Desires etc. Even Uprising isn't that good, its comparable to TIRO.

This is all opinion though so meh. :happy:

How come everyone hates Starlight? :LOL: UD is one of the better tracks off TR too... better than IBTY (the French bit is crriiingge) and Guiding Tripe ;)

Meh, the only Muse songs I don't think are very good are NSC, the middle of IBTY, GL...

Maybe I'm not one to talk... I reckon Madness will be great. xD

EDIT: TIRO is beautiful.

Archived