What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Would the people who actually like the song like it if it weren't a Muse song ? Just curious.

I think I would. Well it's a bit of a daft question because how do we know after the fact, but it's the kind of thing I might like normally.

The only thing, I think I would have to be used to Matt's voice. I would have to like his voice first, which obviously I do already, to like it in this kind of song because his voice is distinctive and not typical of a lot of pop singers imo.

And I was giggling while typing that because a daft hypothetical question like that results in a daft confusing answer.

So what fits the definition of "duet" in your opinion?

A duet is a song in which two different vocalists feature.

Well, I guess it's how "feature" is defined. I'd consider a song where two different vocalists are equally combined, or switch off each other equally sharing the "lead" vocal to be a duet. Like, that Gotye song is a duet because they take turns as the lead singer during the verse. That awful (in my opinion) song with Thom Yorke and Bjork (Yorke & Bjork - :LOL:) is a true duet.

If a different vocalist is just singing a repetitive line in the chorus -- that doesn't say "duet" to me. To consider it so would mean that SMBH is a duet with Matt & Chris. Or that Hyper Music at Reading was a duet with Matt & Chris. :LOL:

If a different vocalist is just singing a repetitive line in the chorus -- that doesn't say "duet" to me. To consider it so would mean that SMBH is a duet with Matt & Chris. Or that Hyper Music at Reading was a duet with Matt & Chris. :LOL:

One person sang the verse and the other the chorus. How is that not a duet?

Silly, pompous hater, am not making a case or that am tying to convince you that should change your mind (or those who dislike it) regarding Madness. Am just saying, Madness is being loved / liked by people (of having terrible & great musical tastes demographics) who do not care or even like Muse. It should not surprised nobody, regardless of what you think of the quality of Madness, that some Muse fans like/love it.

Wow.

Silly, pompous hater, am not making a case or that am tying to convince you that should change your mind (or those who dislike it) regarding Madness. Am just saying, Madness is being loved / liked by people (of having terrible & great musical tastes demographics) who do not care or even like Muse. It should not surprised nobody, regardless of what you think of the quality of Madness, that some Muse fans like/love it.

What?

Why do you even care? You don´t have to argue with him about your own opinion. ;)

Your opinion is alright! :happy:

Wow.

Let it be :mad:

What?

You´re surprised I guess. :LOL:

Archived