How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

The only Muse song I can think of which would come close to this is Butterflies and Hurricanes, which was always a very popular song amongst fans. It's similarly inspiration and positive. It doesn't have to be about cheese.

I think that the Olympic Committee would only pick a song that's sincere and genuinely good by an objective measure, so I have high hopes.

People are jumping off bridges before we even hear it

Let's wait to pass judgement at least

I'm real excited personally

Why are they releasing it on iTunes today? Surely they'd get a better chart position by premiering and releasing on Monday...

Speaking of bridges... Hoooge Olympic Rings just been unveiled across Tower Of London Bridge wouldn't it be great if Muse did a live performance on the bridge to officially launch that it is ONE MONTH till the opening ceremony....

I just feel so proud for them.

:)

agreed. haters gonna hate. yes the press/artwork is so cheesy but its the olympics, if you want to be involved in sometihng so massive and meticulously controlled by lots of people then that's the price you pay. I don't think anyone here would say no to being the official song of the Olympics, even with that album artwork. It's not going to affect how the song sounds to your ears!

I'm actually really proud of Muse for being chosen and I'm praying this song won't suck because everybody's going to know them after this. If its another Invincible it's going to be so embarrassing. Hopefully it will be something upbeat along the lines of B&H or even Uprising (obv I don't mean the lyrics).

Weren't Elbow asked to write a song for the Olympics? I'd be pissed if I were them right now

I thought that too. And I get the feeling Elbow would be better at it? They do sunshine, rainbows and kittens better.

"together we'll survive!!!!"

:LOL::LOL: So going to be in there somewhere.

I'm excited to go to gigs with all the people who want to hear Survival live because it's the only song they know.

At least it means less Twihards in the audience? :stunned:

Except those people who have only heard Survival won't be able to buy tickets because they are all sold out.

One can still buy tickets for:

montpellier

paris

madris

nantes

birmingham

manchester

muenchen

bologna

pesaro

wien

budapest