How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Not available in my country :(

WADDAF-

Taht's supposed to worldwide! :wtf: Unless Australia is not part of Earth. Or simply no TV channels had broadcasted the thing.

In any case, there's some torrent going around, send Kueller a PM or something. I'm not sure if it's just audio or with video though.

Yeah, and I don't like it already and I want him to stop ! REALLY ! I want hard but smiling Matt - Abso, OoS tour...Not cute daddy Matt ( TR tour ) and definitely not yesterday's Matt... :D

He was just grumpy because he didn't get to play Feeling Good last night.

Yeah, and I don't like it already and I want him to stop ! REALLY ! I want hard but smiling Matt - Abso, OoS tour...Not cute daddy Matt ( TR tour ) and definitely not yesterday's Matt... :D

In fairness, all the gigs you mentioned involved him performing things he wasn't used to. Maybe he was concentrating. From what I've heard, he DID mess up the lyrics last night a bit, anyways.

I'm sure the Olympics was a fairly intimidating gig to play.

Also, if he smiled a lot during Survival, people might begin to believe it's really a joke. :LOL:

I STILL haven't seen it :mad: but I did hear that the guitar miming was really obvious, and he either wasn't trying, or was pretty far off the beat of the song.

It's also not the first time his voice wasn't the greatest at a big event, (if true, again, can't really comment personally.) I remember the Grammys and VMAs not being all that great, and Uprising was one of the songs someone linked previously as being good the first time he sang them.

it's also not the first time his voice wasn't the greatest at a big event, (if true, again, can't really comment personally.) I remember the Grammys and VMAs not being all that great, and Uprising was one of the songs someone linked previously as being good the first time he sang them.

his voice was much more powerful and better last night than the vmas,what was the reaction here back then?,it must have been pretty scary.

I'm sure the reaction was bad, I just don't remember checking the boards at the time, and I do remember being out of town when the VMAs were on, and watching it somewhere weird.

There was also the whole "ticket fiasco" getting into the venue. And Survival being such a poorly received song just makes people want to hate it more. :p I don't think the gotee helped.

I'm sure the reaction was bad, I just don't remember checking the boards at the time, and I do remember being out of town when the VMAs were on, and watching it somewhere weird.

There was also the whole "ticket fiasco" getting into the venue. And Survival being such a poorly received song just makes people want to hate it more. :p I don't think the gotee helped.

I don't remember the reaction being nearly as bad as it was for Survival's performance. The most I remember people saying was that it started off a little shaky.

I think people were always going to be highly critical of Survival's performance, though. Add in the fact that it was partially mimed, and it's tough to give it a fair chance.

And, finally having seen a low qual version of it, Mat DID mess up the lyrics a bit early on, and possibly threw himself off a bit. And, while I'd need to see a higher quality vid, that was really the only "shakey" part I noticed.

I think people were always going to be highly critical of Survival's performance, though. Add in the fact that it was partially mimed, and it's tough to give it a fair chance.

And, finally having seen a low qual version of it, Mat DID mess up the lyrics a bit early on, and possibly threw himself off a bit. And, while I'd need to see a higher quality vid, that was really the only "shakey" part I noticed.

There really is no "higher quality" version of it, because the sound was goddamn shit throughout the whole ceremony.

There really is no "higher quality" version of it, because the sound was goddamn shit throughout the whole ceremony.

Yeah, it really was. I was somewhat suprised it was so bad.

The vid I managed to watch on YouTube before it vanished was almost inaudible, though. So, maybe not "higher quality" but certain want to hear something louder.

Did you notice how much the stage was shaking because of the choir stomps? :LOL: it's funny to notice it in the amps between Dom and Chris, actually they were about to fall

Yes! I was like my god Matts really banging (dont) that piano, then I noticed the choir. Weeooo I loved the energy it gave the performance though the stage seemed too small :chuckle:

Archived