Muse : Do We Need This: B-Sides & Rarities (1998-2007)

Arty93

Glorious and Easily are mindbogglingly naff. They're as corny, if not more, than Invincible and Guiding Light.

And by Debase, I meant the Grand Omega Bosses Edit of Assassin.

I'll admit Easily is a bit bland but Crying Shame (which you left out) makes up for it and should have definitely been on the album.

• 1 year later...

Not worthy of a new thread - but I am in a new era of B-side discovery and want to do this, because I love lists.

My top 5 B-sides right now;

1. Eternally Missed

2. Glorious

3. Easily

4.Crying Shame

5.Conscience (Con Science?)

I adore Fury, but I don't think of it as a B-side.

EDIT: I realise I may be confused between B-sides and Japanese album extras and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...

So there's no official b-sides album? Because if not then someone made a darn good fake one and got it posted on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Muse-B-Sides-Rarities-CD-Set/dp/7537248915/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1374375703&sr=1-1&keywords=muse+b+sides

And I'm guessing the same person made this greatest hits compilation: http://www.amazon.com/Muse-Greatest-Hits-Cd-Set/dp/9717158916/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_4

I'm putting together a B-Side collection; not sure if I'm missing any...

Disc 1 - Pre-Showbiz

1 Balloonatic

2 Agitated

Disc 2 - Showbiz

1 Overdue

2 Sunburn

3 Nishe

4 Recess

5 Yes Please

6 Ashamed

7 Minimum

8 Con-Science

9 Coma

10 Host

11 Twin

12 Agitated

13 Do We Need This?

14 Pink Ego Box

15 Forced In

16 Jimmy Kane

17 Spiral Static

Disc 3 - Origin of Symmetry

1 Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want

2 Shine

3 Hyper Chondriac Music

4 The Gallery

5 Map of Your Head

6 Piano Thing

7 Shrinking Universe

8 Bedroom Acoustics

9 Execution Commentary

10 Nature_1

11 Futurism

Disc 4 - Hullabaloo

1 House of the Rising Sun

2 Can't Take My Eyes Off You

3 In Your World

4 Dead Star

Disc 5 - Absolution

1 Eternally Missed

2 The Groove

3 Fury

4 Butterflies and Hurricanes Guitars Mix

Disc 6 - Black Holes and Revelations

1 Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses edit)

2 Who Knows Who

3 Soaked

4 Man of Mystery

5 Hidden Track

6 Easily

7 Crying Shame

8 Glorious

Disc 7 - The Resistance

1 Prague

2 Popcorn

3 I Belong To You New Moon

4 Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)

And why include Sunburn...

Since you put the Twilight version of IBTY, I'd also include Feeling Good without the megaphone, the Rich Costey edit of MOTP, Shine acoustic, Muscle Museum (long intro), Muscle Museum (alternate version) and Uno (alternate version).

And a good recording of Sign O' The Times too, why not.

Since you put the Twilight version of IBTY, I'd also include Feeling Good without the megaphone, the Rich Costey edit of MOTP, Shine acoustic, Muscle Museum (long intro), Muscle Museum (alternate version) and Uno (alternate version).

And a good recording of Sign O' The Times too, why not.

No-megaphone-FG would be more of a demo/early version than a non-album track wouldn't it?

And I think you mean Shine electric

No-megaphone-FG would be more of a demo/early version than a non-album track wouldn't it?

And I think you mean Shine electric

Well, it's still a different version that isn't on the album (and it's better than the album one imo) :phu:

I wasn't sure of the one he had. The acoustic one is just called Shine?

Then it's not really a b-sides collection is it? :LOL: More of a non-album track collection. Especially as I just noticed Soaked and NSC are in there.

I used the term B-Sides loosely :p

Why is Who Knows Who in the BH&R disc?

My mistake!

It's the guitar version from the 2 track ep

Basically used everything that's listed here:

http://www.musewiki.org/Category:B_Sides

...plus non album tracks.

Well, it's still a different version that isn't on the album (and it's better than the album one imo) :phu:

I wasn't sure of the one he had. The acoustic one is just called Shine?

I know it's better, but it's still not really a released track. IBTY's remix was properly released.

Acoustic version of Shine is called Shine Acoustic as on Hullabaloo. The electric is just Shine.

Why is Agitated in there twice? If it's the early version then that's from the Newton Abbot demo in which case you should include that whole demo album. Also the Balloonatic that was released on some random compilation shit is the same version that was on the demo album.

Am I the only one who buys Muse albums on iTunes? It's weird seeing Glorious, Futurism, Spiral Static, and Fury mentioned in B-side discussions because for me those tracks have always been part of the album (with the exception of Fury, because I bought the Absolution CD and then got the bonus track on iTunes later).

Am I the only one who buys Muse albums on iTunes? It's weird seeing Glorious, Futurism, Spiral Static, and Fury mentioned in B-side discussions because for me those tracks have always been part of the album (with the exception of Fury, because I bought the Absolution CD and then got the bonus track on iTunes later).

I used to buy all my songs on iTunes but switched to CDs instead (better quality, can lend to friends or whoever, nice to have something physical etc). It can be a bit more expensive to get b-sides that way but, meh, it's worth it for me. That might just be me being finicky though, loads of people probably use iTunes.

I'd still never count those tracks as part of the album though, to me they're just bonus tracks tacked on to give extra incentive for people to buy the album.

Archived