Is Matt lazy live with his vocals?

Nipso

Now, I'll be careful here, seeing as my last argument was butt-raped by Sippe, but I don't think it's exactly laziness, exactly. If you think about it, it's very possible those incredible notes he hits in the records took multiple takes to get right. It wouldn't have been in the middle of concert either. Naturally, whilst performing, especially at their level of energy, you will tire. I'm wondering if most (if not all) of these offenses are less due to laziness, and more a result of exhaustion.

I've already covered this.

If he's tired, why would he sustain great B4s straight AFTER the songs? Shouldn't that be enough proof that he's not tired?

And the notes I'm talking about have been done live loads of times. And the G4 in Resistance was done for pretty much the whole tour, and I never heard him fail it, not even close. Still he chose to start avoiding it one day and then continued to do so. What is that if not laziness :)

I've already covered this.

If he's tired, why would he sustain great B4s straight AFTER the songs? Shouldn't that be enough proof that he's not tired?

And the notes I'm talking about have been done live loads of times. And the G4 in Resistance was done for pretty much the whole tour, and I never heard him fail it, not even close. Still he chose to start avoiding it one day and then continued to do so. What is that if not laziness :)

*butt rape looming*

well, here's a video of Resistance from the show I went to:

I assume by wussing out you mean the "Resiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistaaaaance" at the end, which he does not do on this video? :p Well, this show was 2010 December 9th, nearing the end of the show. Maybe he just slacks off on the bigger performances :p

Their sets are never very long either. Some bands go on for fucking ever. Rush plays so long they do an intermission! Bruce Springstein was known for doing three hour shows. Aerosmith - with that old fart Steve Tyler do nice fat sets.

*butt rape looming*

I assume by wussing out you mean the "Resiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistaaaaance" at the end, which he does not do on this video? :p Well, this show was 2010 December 9th, nearing the end of the show. Maybe he just slacks off on the bigger performances :p

Not sure what you're trying to prove by linking that. Whatever it is, you just proved what I just said. :p

Their sets are never very long either. Some bands go on for fucking ever. Rush plays so long they do an intermission! Bruce Springstein was known for doing three hour shows. Aerosmith - with that old fart Steve Tyler do nice fat sets.

Indeed.

*butt rape looming*

Either that or shows towards the end of touring....I must admit a small part of my soul dies when he pussies out of the last chorus of RBS but I'd rather that than a gig I've got tickets to gets cancelled because he gets a screwed up throat.....:confused:

I beginning to wonder if it's boredom and apathy related. Nothing left to prove, you know? I seriously hope the next record has some major ass ripping mosh songs so the band can wake up. :LOL:

^^

The Resistance was too much of a softy. Less massive towers and theatrics, more actual goddam performing!

I beginning to wonder if it's boredom and apathy related. Nothing left to prove, you know? I seriously hope the next record has some major ass ripping mosh songs so the band can wake up. :LOL:

Getting older is definitely some aspect, either they can't be jumping around all the time or they'd look foolish doing it. And the rest is probably just boredom or laziness. I'm not sure which one is more though.

Getting older is definitely some aspect, either they can't be jumping around all the time or they'd look foolish doing it. And the rest is probably just boredom or laziness. I'm not sure which one is more though.

As long as it looks as if they are enjoying themselves, the "leaping around" really doesn't matter. And even when musicians are older, the adrenaline of performing makes it look a lot less silly than you think. I've seen the Who, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Rush, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath (reunion), all long after these band's prime. They were great!

*butt rape looming*

Hey, I was there too! I'm fairly certain Matt saw me in the crowd and held onto the note, knowing I'd be disappointed. :LOL:

But really, that night was one of his better vocal nights, luckily for me. Some nights he comes in super tense, and you can tell he is going to skip that note. Plus that was very early in the set which makes it a bit easier.

Hey, I was there too! I'm fairly certain Matt saw me in the crowd and held onto the note, knowing I'd be disappointed. :LOL:

But really, that night was one of his better vocal nights, luckily for me. Some nights he comes in super tense, and you can tell he is going to skip that note. Plus that was very early in the set which makes it a bit easier.

haha, awesome! Great night :) I guess I haven't heard all this supposed half-arsery because I don't go out of my way to watch live recorded performances anymore, other than on those handy little DVD's they've neglected to produce this time around. Most of my basis for performance quality this tour is made from that night, which, if memory serves, was very vocally strong. Well, here's hoping that their next tour will step it up a bit :)

He still jumps around in Plug In Baby though, but even then it seems to have lessened. Dom's the most fit one in the band then, but obviously can't move around during the gig. Nils Lofgen used to do backflips, now he's too old for that. It's kinda how it is. But one thing that age doesn't really restrict is the ability to perform better, not just have good, amusing theatrics. I guess singing goes with age, I'm not sure because I'm not a singer, I'm just assuming that. One thing they can do for sure is to increase the length of setlists and vary them more often, a lot more often. While we're on the question, do you guys already think Muse is out of their prime? Like was their 'prime' Absolution era?

Archived