smashing guitars

jefmartin

Bets on Matt 'losing' the 7-string during the next tour and refusing to downtune one of his others or get a new one?

"Yeah, I lost my special guitar I used to play it and I...uh...can't find one anywhere else."

The day Muse drops Citizen Erased is the day I stop seeing them live. Unless it's dropped to be replaced by Muscle Museum or Assassin.

"Yeah, I lost my special guitar I used to play it and I...uh...can't find one anywhere else."

The day Muse drops Citizen Erased is the day I stop seeing them live. Unless it's dropped to be replaced by Muscle Museum or Assassin.

It's not like Citizen Erased was very common last tour anyways.

You for real?

Muse could drop SS, Hysteria and any other track and I wouldn't really care. Muse have enough great live songs to replace any of them. The problem is that they probably wouldn't.

You for real?

Muse could drop SS, Hysteria and any other track and I wouldn't really care. Muse have enough great live songs to replace any of them. The problem is that they probably wouldn't.

What could replace SS though? That's an actual question btw, not just some snide remark... :LOL:

What could replace SS though? That's an actual question btw, not just some snide remark... :LOL:

Jimmy Kane

And, personally I'd never like to see SS go as it's one of my favourites, although I imagine they could replace it with another heavy drop D song with a bunch of riffs at the end. They'd just have to pull it off well. Dead Star, Assassin, TSP etc.

Jimmy Kane

And, personally I'd never like to see SS go as it's one of my favourites, although I imagine they could replace it with another heavy drop D song with a bunch of riffs at the end. They'd just have to pull it off well. Dead Star, Assassin, TSP etc.

Yeah same I'd hate for it to go.

I can only imagine riffs after TSP there... but they never play TSP... :supersad:

They played riffs after TSP at EC '04

You for real?

Definitely. It's one of their most important songs to fans. If they ended up having the audacity to say "Nope, not playing it any more. Deal with it." then that's something I'm not willing to support. Unless, like I said, they replaced it with an equally important/fan pleasing song.

That's just me though, other people wouldn't mind as much I suppose (although most people would be pretty pissed at it being dropped, I'd imagine).

Definitely. It's one of their most important songs to fans. If they ended up having the audacity to say "Nope, not playing it any more. Deal with it." then that's something I'm not willing to support. Unless, like I said, they replaced it with an equally important/fan pleasing song.

That's just me though, other people wouldn't mind as much I suppose (although most people would be pretty pissed at it being dropped).

I just think it's so...unnecessary. It's been played pretty much nonstop since its release(not really, but still). I don't even get how people can consider songs like CE and Bliss rarities, they've never been rare.

CE could easily be replaced with B&H.

I just think it's so...unnecessary. It's been played pretty much nonstop since its release(not really, but still). I don't even get how people can consider songs like CE and Bliss rarities, they've never been rare.

Not rare, but there was a large period of time when it was never played.

I actually enjoyed B&H more than CE live.

If they ended up having the audacity to say "Nope, not playing it any more. Deal with it."

Here's a preview

They played riffs after TSP at EC '04

They've also played riffs after Micro Cuts, but rarely.

Yeah, that wouldn't be so bad. Like I said, I wouldn't mind if it was replaced by something like that because B&H is a stand-out song that, again, a lot of people think 'represents' Muse. I'd only stop going if they replaced it with something shit or unnecessary (e.g. GL) because, to me, that would show that the setlists are only getting worse (something that already bothers me about the band).

Guitars are more robust than people give them credit for. If it's a bolt on neck, then you have to split the body into several pieces to actually destroy the guitar.

I have a Strat where the body is split in two and held together by the pickguard and neck and it's still somewhat playable and has been used to play gigs - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/haze015/PA270025hs.jpg

Reality of rock'n'roll is stuff does get broken and things do go wrong, you can't be too precious with your equipment. If you want to express anger, you can only do that with guitars you have no problem with destroying.

Archived