james90

I totally disagree. MIDI takes some work to set up but it's far easier to use once you have it programed. I can modify my routing with either of my rigs with just a few button pushes. The AxeFX has great internal routing and my small rig has Switchblade which is very easy to program.

JT

A MIDI setup would add even more equipment and with a setup as large as that, it is better to have freedom to change everything at a moment's notice.

MIDI setups are far too rigid. If you're doing too much tap-dancing, you're probably using too many effects.

Part 1) - Yeah, that's kind of my take on it too really.

Part 2) - That's the thing, I don't really. I just tend to use one or two at once. Sometimes I'll have the EHX pedals all running at the same time but they're next to each other anyway so I can turn them all on and off pretty quickly. The Whammy and Memory Man I have to be quick sometimes but the Momentary switch on the Whammy is a big help there, and stuff like my channel and distortion settings are all together, etc. It's okay how it is really.

There is also a Sonnus G2M going into a Roland D110 that I've never mentioned before, that then goes into the second Midi looper (which is used as an AB box) which I use to switch between guitar or synth tones. I play a lot of Pendulum so the synth setup is used there.

You can also see my wireless setup in that pic but that unit is not actually used anymore as nothing beats a massive cable /trufax

Edited by Tom!

THIS!

looks nice, how do you like it so far?

It's really nice - well worth £280. Feels like any fenders I've tried, the only thing is that the pups aren't great but I am used to Bare Knuckles. When I get some money I'll put a pile driver set in.

But it plays amazingly and looks badass :awesome:

Found a great craigslist deal tonight, just a quick hour drive away.

18 year old Joe Pass Epiphone (1994). Not exactly a vintage year by any means, but it was the first they came out. Original owner, he bought it when he was 19. He was really emotional about it, kinda sad.

The pots need to be tightened, cleaned, needs some screws, pickguard has a crack. He installed bartolinis in it a few years after he got it. All things considered, it is a great guitar. Very beautiful.

Only $200. I love craigslist.

4ab535a7.jpg

9ad090a7.jpg

Guest Batman.
Found a great craigslist deal tonight, just a quick hour drive away.

18 year old Joe Pass Epiphone (1994). Not exactly a vintage year by any means, but it was the first they came out. Original owner, he bought it when he was 19. He was really emotional about it, kinda sad.

The pots need to be tightened, cleaned, needs some screws, pickguard has a crack. He installed bartolinis in it a few years after he got it. All things considered, it is a great guitar. Very beautiful.

Only $200. I love craigslist.

4ab535a7.jpg

9ad090a7.jpg

Took me a while to realise this is possible :LOL:

And that's amazing for $200..

2012-05-22231740.jpg

My beloved strat :happy: I've had it for seven years now and almost everything apart from the body and neck is aftermarket. High power pickups with bridge tone knob and mid&neck tone knob with a master volume with a gilmore switch to turn on the neck at any time.

guiz, would you be interested in "videos of your gear" :facepalm:

I'm making a video for another board that has video tours of users' setups, so I was thinking of doing the same thing and posting it here as well

Would definitely be interesting, not sure my gear would be of much interest but I'd sure be interested to see some clips of other peoples rigs on here!

How does it work exactly, like, do you just whizz round showing everything you've got?

guiz, would you be interested in "videos of your gear" :facepalm:

I'm making a video for another board that has video tours of users' setups, so I was thinking of doing the same thing and posting it here as well

Yeah that sounds cool! Commentary too orrrrrr what?