james90

NEILDOT

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

6 way switch (positions 1 and 6 are the same btw)

IMG_0802.jpg

standard 3 way (which says patent pending on the other side, but it just appears to be your standard cheapo 3 way PCB switch)

IMG_0803.jpg

250k tone

IMG_0804.jpg

500k volume

alpha mini pots. what a pleasant surprise.

Also, it did come with these strap locks, but I'm not going to use them. I'm sure guitar fetish sold the same ones (which had "ACE" stamped on them I believe) and they were pretty cheap.

IMG_0805.jpg

Yes, if you promise to leave some MFC on it for me to take home

Oh and some hi res:

IMG_0796.jpg

i didn't know where to get a case for it, so i just took one of my strat cases and cut a few chunks out of it so this would fit :facepalm: styrofoam everywhere

:pope:

See if it fits into an acoustic sized gig bag (if you have one)... I'm sure crowella once found a hard case that fitted his Londaxe though, ask him, or search teh interwebz

Also, it did come with these strap locks, but I'm not going to use them. I'm sure guitar fetish sold the same ones (which had "ACE" stamped on them I believe) and they were pretty cheap.

IMG_0805.jpg

Dont get rid of them though, I'd like them when it gets into meh hands!

:pope:

See if it fits into an acoustic sized gig bag (if you have one)... I'm sure crowella once found a hard case that fitted his Londaxe though, ask him, or search teh interwebz

Dont get rid of them though, I'd like them when it gets into meh hands!

It will fit into a gig bag fine (I sent the londaxe to Crowella in a fender electric sized gig bag), but I prefer cases. they more resistant to water :facepalm:

It's fine though, I just cut a piece out of the gator case I have. fits well enough now. I would've got a madarozzo case, but I can't find those for sale anywhere

If I end up selling it (probably will, I'm tempted to get a deluxe now...) I can't cover any damage that happens due to cheap strap locks :ninja:

It will fit into a gig bag fine (I sent the londaxe to Crowella in a fender electric sized gig bag), but I prefer cases. they more resistant to water :facepalm:

It's fine though, I just cut a piece out of the gator case I have. fits well enough now. I would've got a madarozzo case, but I can't find those for sale anywhere

If I end up selling it (probably will, I'm tempted to get a deluxe now...) I can't cover any damage that happens due to cheap strap locks :ninja:

You're really scared of that water aren't you :LOL:

Cool. I only have one hard case, I should really get another just in case but they're so expensive...

NEILDOT

Hmmm.... that's a bit disappointing for such a bespoke guitar. Its such a shame that some of the top guitars dont put more care into wiring, although I guess it's hidden. I was expecting things like fancy braded shielded wiring, maybe some fancier pots or something. Glad to see they used a good rotary switch anyway, but it's intruiging that it's dual layered. I haven't seen one of those in aaaages.

Doesn't look like it's particularly complex wiring though. The rotary as a sort of "master pickup combination" switch is clever. If i put in the time, it could be worked out as to the combinations. I've seen some wiring diagrams that use a combination of switches to do the same thing that does with one rotary.

Gives me some ideas for when I get around to redoing the wiring for the LP.

Hmmm.... that's a bit disappointing for such a bespoke guitar. Its such a shame that some of the top guitars dont put more care into wiring, although I guess it's hidden. I was expecting things like fancy braded shielded wiring, maybe some fancier pots or something. Glad to see they used a good rotary switch anyway, but it's intruiging that it's dual layered. I haven't seen one of those in aaaages.

Doesn't look like it's particularly complex wiring though. The rotary as a sort of "master pickup combination" switch is clever. If i put in the time, it could be worked out as to the combinations. I've seen some wiring diagrams that use a combination of switches to do the same thing that does with one rotary.

Gives me some ideas for when I get around to redoing the wiring for the LP.

Yeah, I was expecting a little better as well. The emex had a better 3 way switch, but otherwise, it's not really any different. I might still have a gut picture of that guitar somewhere.

there are some instructions that came with it which explain the pickup combinations, so I can scan those in if you want

I found a hardcase that fit the Londaxe. I forget what guitar ir was meant to be for but it fit in nice and snug. :)

when i had it, I put it in a bass case with loads of padding. this is what i'm doing now... it's a gator strat case with part of the compartment cut out, and some packing material to prevent the guitar from getting covered in styrofoam bits :facepalm:

IMG_1154.jpg

Time for some proper pictures of my gear!

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Dusty as hell, like I care. :happy:

It looks like you're using the LS-2 to blend everything except the wah? Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me

Also have you heard of the SFX Thumpinator? You have a lack of more precise EQ so this device would give you a real boost in headroom

Arrived this morning. Sounds awesome. And makes the Wah Probe sound insanely good too. :happy:

dsc0011ii.jpg

And everything together. Loop Station up next to fill some of that empty space. Then I'll get some pedalboards to put everything on.

dsc0008ii.jpg

Eh? :wtf:

Edit:

Oh, right, the one on the Dickinson site? The limited edition polished stainless steel one? I just ordered it through Mansons, so I got what they gave me. Looks great though. ;)