james90

oh man, such a nice toan, excellent choice!!! I find them much more refined in terms of sound than comparable acoustics (Taylors etc)

i tired a j 200, j 45, humming bird, i tried alot of guitars and this one sounded the best to me, the problem is i have no idea which way to go with pickups, I think im going with the baggs anthem setup.

I never like the sound of acoustics plugged in, always mic them up. Obviously that's not so easy to do live without feedback etc

The Anthem setup looks good, theres a few big artists using them, i has 2 pickups in there with a blend function, the reviews and videos seem to be good. Lot of money though.

This was way before burst buckets. They should have called them mudbuckes, or shitbuckers. I was going to swap them but I went apeship over PRSi at the time and sold it. Dumb move. It's the #1 gear regret in my life.

I'll never buy a new Gibson, the company has gone to shit. They are capable of making a good guitar but apparently not for under $4k. there are a lot of great builders out there who will build you a better LP and I'd rather give my money to them. Heritage is first on my list for value and quality.

JT

Really? I only really regret selling one piece of gear... it was this particularly nice sounding 70's Marshall 50 watt head. It was a weird transitional one, and usually these sound horrible...this one didn't. Just a great sounding rock tone. It was also signed by Jim Marshall...I imagine it's worth a lot more now :facepalm: Saw it go back up for sale once, but the guy was asking 6x what it was worth.

Pretty sure the current owner had a certain overpriced VH toned mod done to it...what a waste

and honestly, I'd take a standard production gibson over a custom shop. sure, those aren't that great either, but as crazy as it sounds, i think you get more for your money with those....I had one of those 1959 LP reissues a couple of years back... it didn't intonate properly on the A string, finish was sloppy, buzzed a fair bit, and just didn't feel like a $6000 guitar (I paid $2800 for it, but still). It was one of the better sounding LPs I've owned, but that's all it had going for it really

that tokai should be here later today, so I'll have some more pictures of that soon

Really? I only really regret selling one piece of gear... it was this particularly nice sounding 70's Marshall 50 watt head. It was a weird transitional one, and usually these sound horrible...this one didn't. Just a great sounding rock tone. It was also signed by Jim Marshall...I imagine it's worth a lot more now :facepalm: Saw it go back up for sale once, but the guy was asking 6x what it was worth.

Pretty sure the current owner had a certain overpriced VH toned mod done to it...what a waste

and honestly, I'd take a standard production gibson over a custom shop. sure, those aren't that great either, but as crazy as it sounds, i think you get more for your money with those....I had one of those 1959 LP reissues a couple of years back... it didn't intonate properly on the A string, finish was sloppy, buzzed a fair bit, and just didn't feel like a $6000 guitar (I paid $2800 for it, but still). It was one of the better sounding LPs I've owned, but that's all it had going for it really

that tokai should be here later today, so I'll have some more pictures of that soon

You should check out the Suhr Badger head

There are now three versions of the Bagder. The 18, 30 and 35. I am probably going to get a chance to try all of them in early June. I love the 18, the 35 is four el84, and the 30 is a pair of 6V6 tubes. I used to gig with a guy who had the 18 and it's a great amp, Very flexible and it took pedals well. The 30 sounds like something I'd love but I haven't tried it or the 35 yet.

JT

There are now three versions of the Bagder. The 18, 30 and 35. I am probably going to get a chance to try all of them in early June. I love the 18, the 35 is four el84, and the 30 is a pair of 6V6 tubes. I used to gig with a guy who had the 18 and it's a great amp, Very flexible and it took pedals well. The 30 sounds like something I'd love but I haven't tried it or the 35 yet.

JT

Yeah, I would love the 18 with matching cab. Sounds amazing in Pete Thorn's demos, which I'm sure don't even come close to real life :LOL:

You're welcome, dad! :D

shit son

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6sEDWQG17o

you should come over to the music zoo and get one. and I'm not just saying that because I'm almost within walking distance.... :pope:

I'm going to try to get a picture of my full setup soon. my amp is on its way back from being tweaked, and hopefully my ultimate octave will be in soon so i can finish my pedalboard (again)

combinedqn.jpg

The master plan's coming along nicely. Should have a few more of the missing pieces within the next month and then hopefully get some pedalboards. Then I'll see what space I've got left. Sorry for the wideangle on the top picture. Couldn't get everything in otherwise.