james90

Hey Impulse, what do you think of the suhr DSH+ pickup? I'm really considering getting that for the hot rod strat.

I've already rebuilt the bridge on it with new saddles (the old ones were pretty dirty and worn down, plus I couldn't even get the little string lock things out) and put some new string clamps on the locking nut. Should be good once I get a bridge pickup for it.

The DSH+ is what I have in my Green Suhr and I'm having the Aldrich in my new Suhr replaced with one. It's perfect for me, it's extremely midrange rich but still balanced. It's cuts through a mix like a chainsaw in the hands of leather face. It also cleans up really nice. My official opinion; Best. Humbucker. Ever. Not that I'm being an absolutist.

I'm putting a SD Custom 5 in the ESP along with a little '59. I'm also going to replace the bridge with a Gotoh Floyd. I want to do something cool with the look but I don't know what yet. It will come together eventually.

JT

The DSH+ is what I have in my Green Suhr and I'm having the Aldrich in my new Suhr replaced with one. It's perfect for me, it's extremely midrange rich but still balanced. It's cuts through a mix like a chainsaw in the hands of leather face. It also cleans up really nice. My official opinion; Best. Humbucker. Ever. Not that I'm being an absolutist.

I'm putting a SD Custom 5 in the ESP along with a little '59. I'm also going to replace the bridge with a Gotoh Floyd. I want to do something cool with the look but I don't know what yet. It will come together eventually.

JT

I think that would work nicely in this strat. I probably should wait for the other pickup to at least try it first, but I think this would be better.

Off to the music zoo...I just hope I don't get tempted by anything else while I'm there...

Fix'd :chuckle:

:eek:

OR

Burberry-Prorsum-Spring-2010-ad-emma-watson-02.jpg

I love Burberry. And One Night Only. And Emma Watson. :awesome:

Ossum possum :awesome:

Would you be jealous if I told you she kissed me on the cheek 3 times? :LOL:

Yeah that was a gig in Nottingham last Friday. Local student radio wants us :awesome:

:awesome:

It's OK if I do it, Dom Howard tweeted at me.

YES. :awesome:

:LOL:

:LOL:

And I'd be jelly Will, Evanna is awesome too

Evanna's great, she's one of the only HP castmembers apart from the kids that I actually keep in touch with.

And Kueller MEHHHH

Guest Batman.
And she sounded absolutely beautiful at that gig :happy:

Harley should have been there, such a good night.

:(

There's a possibility I might come to the gig on 11th May (I think it's in Stockton or something) because it's on le girlfriend and I's two year anniversary, and we're both fanboiz now. Just depends on trains and buses and transport and all that shit.

There's a possibility I might come to the gig on 11th May (I think it's in Stockton or something) because it's on le girlfriend and I's two year anniversary, and we're both fanboiz now. Just depends on trains and buses and transport and all that shit.

:awesome:

You definitely should do, that'll be the first time we've played at that venue and from what I hear its a nice place, should be a good night.

If you make it you can have an anniversary pint courtesy of the band.

Really? :awesome:

I'm not sure what its called, just one of the guys said next time we were in town to get in touch. But aren't there two Unis in Nottingham? We were around Nottingham Trent, so is that URN?

All the music venues are nearer Trent, but no I'm at UoN. I think their station is Fly FM. Where were you playing?

All the music venues are nearer Trent, but no I'm at UoN. I think their station is Fly FM. Where were you playing?

Place called Spanky Van Dykes (best name for a venue ever), which I believe is their Students Union, or at least its where all the Trent students seem to hang out anyway. Whatever it was, the had one hell of a sound system :awesome:

Place called Spanky Van Dykes (best name for a venue ever), which I believe is their Students Union, or at least its where all the Trent students seem to hang out anyway. Whatever it was, the had one hell of a sound system :awesome:

It's not technically, but their's is being bulldozed or refurbished or something so I wouldn't be surprised if they convened there. Anyhoo, let us know how you get on. If it does turn out to be URN I may try time myself to drop in!