Is Matt the most talented musician alive?

LethalGnar

Who said the album didn't have high notes? Cause I didn't.

And like I said its not just vocals for me 'the album as a whole' fucking sucks if I'm being honest with you guys yeah there's some good bits of music and vocal on there but none that are gonna make me wet my undies and claim that album is brilliant ;)

That being said you'll still see me rocking out to every song on the album when played live because it is muse and I love muse but that doesn't mean I have to like everything they do or make you have to be able to hate what you love sometimes.

Same with you musers I fucking love you guys but you're all a pain in the ass just like me.

On this, I remember seeing a post here where someone said

"I don't mind what music they made because I'll still like it because its Muse"

I died a little that day :stunned:

Who said the album didn't have high notes? Cause I didn't.

And like I said its not just vocals for me 'the album as a whole' fucking sucks if I'm being honest with you guys yeah there's some good bits of music and vocal on there but none that are gonna make me wet my undies and claim that album is brilliant ;)

That being said you'll still see me rocking out to every song on the album when played live because it is muse and I love muse but that doesn't mean I have to like everything they do or make you have to be able to hate what you love sometimes.

Same with you musers I fucking love you guys but you're all a pain in the ass just like me.

Believe me, I'm not trying to make you like everything. I only quoted one sentence of your long message, and that was about the vocals not being spectacular. And if that doesn't mean difficult material, impressive notes or good technique, then it's just that you don't like it, and then I really don't see how it affects Matt's talent :p

And also, just noticed that you actually said "he can still belt all of his ranges out so why doesn't he?".

He uses all of his range on that album. A2 in Mk Ultra, Bb2 in USoE and UD, Bb4 in US and USoE, G5 in Uprising.

I could go on :p

And also: ......

There you go, I thought you could use some of those in your writing ;)

let's take NSC for example I really think its the worst piece of shit out there not just because of it was for twilight but its just genuinely shit writting and poor structure

NSC is a instrumentally great song IMO. Listen to the instrumental and vocals alone without paying attention to the a bit too cheesy and repetitive lyrics and you'll see that it's not so bad.

NSC is a instrumentally great song IMO. Listen to the instrumental and vocals alone without paying attention to the a bit too cheesy and repetitive lyrics and you'll see that it's not so bad.

I think the instruments was the first thing when I heard it the first time. It was all very..."lets take some of that...and add some of that". Just a puzzle with pieces that didn't really fit together imo. And I lol'ed at the solo.

I think the instruments was the first thing when I heard it the first time. It was all very..."lets take some of that...and add some of that". Just a puzzle with pieces that didn't really fit together imo. And I lol'ed at the solo.

I don't think it's that bad. It's not like I see it as a masterpiece but it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, it's not even an album track. Atleast no one can deny that the piano outro and vocals sound great.

I don't think it's that bad. It's not like I see it as a masterpiece but it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, it's not even an album track. Atleast no one can deny that the piano outro and vocals sound great.

With a bit more time and different lyrics, it could have been a good track.

Believe me, I'm not trying to make you like everything. I only quoted one sentence of your long message, and that was about the vocals not being spectacular. And if that doesn't mean difficult material, impressive notes or good technique, then it's just that you don't like it, and then I really don't see how it affects Matt's talent :p

And also, just noticed that you actually said "he can still belt all of his ranges out so why doesn't he?".

He uses all of his range on that album. A2 in Mk Ultra, Bb2 in USoE and UD, Bb4 in US and USoE, G5 in Uprising.

I could go on :p

And also: ......

There you go, I thought you could use some of those in your writing ;)

Sippe actually supporting TR :awesome:

Ugh... I thought I told the Pasta Belly-ers to cool it with the tags :facepalm:

Despite all of this I still kinda like you ;) its rare to find someone to argue with who isn't a complete bitchass :D

Hey, at least I use facts :awesome:

"NO, MATT BELLAMY IS ALWAYS AWESOME, AND I THINK THE VOCALS ON TR ARE EMOTIONAL AND REALLY REFLECT WHAT WAS GOING ON IN HIS LIFE AT THE TIME. UPRISING IS SO TOUCHING"

I think Matt would do pretty well without Chris and Dom. Whether he'd want to is another matter.
yeah, he's never seemed keen on it.

i think that perhaps he could do well alone but i think there's a strong possibility that he'd be all over the place and quite 'lost' in terms of finishing the songs.

that said, the vocals in TR are absolutely fantastic and without a producer, it probably means he worked on everything by himself as i dont think they changed their usual approach in regards to lyrics/vocals. and i remember matt saying in some interview that before he recorded vocals, dom was insisting that he would use as less effects as possible.

yeah, he's never seemed keen on it.

i think that perhaps he could do well alone but i think there's a strong possibility that he'd be all over the place and quite 'lost' in terms of finishing the songs.

that said, the vocals in TR are absolutely fantastic and without a producer, it probably means he worked on everything by himself as i dont think they changed their usual approach in regards to lyrics/vocals. and i remember matt saying in some interview that before he recorded vocals, dom was insisting that he would use as less effects as possible.

And I'm very grateful for that :yesey:

I personally think he is the most talented musician in his genre of music and compared to most mainstream bands I cant see anyone competing with him other than Dave Grohl. His voice is incredible compared to most signers in bands these days. And in terms of song wiriting, lyrics, piano, guitar skills etc. He wins for me. And although he doesnt say much to interact with the crowd live, he doesnt really have to because he is so energetic the crowd feed off that and go nuts with him.

But as a musician in general? No. There are so many creative artists out there who most people have never heard of because they arent mainstream and arent on mtv. Its a shame that these people dont get a second look because if you look them up some of their stuff is just sensational.

We still love matt though!!

Archived