Is Matt the most talented musician alive?

LethalGnar

I personally think he is the most talented musician in his genre of music
Which genre is that exactly?
His voice is incredible compared to most signers in bands these days.
On what basis is that? :p Or are you just talking about which voice you enjoy the most?

Matt is a great singer and instrumentalist.

There's no way in hell he is the most talented musician alive. I don't think you can really make that claim, unless somehow you have evaluated the musical abilities of every person on the planet. There is always going to be people out there who can play insanely well and are never acknowledged for their skills.

If you'd said one of the most talented musicians in rock music today? Definitely.

Matt is a great singer and instrumentalist.

There's no way in hell he is the most talented musician alive. I don't think you can really make that claim, unless somehow you have evaluated the musical abilities of every person on the planet. There is always going to be people out there who can play insanely well and are never acknowledged for their skills.

If you'd said one of the most talented musicians in rock music today? Definitely.

In popular rock music*

Well people saying that his guitar works are very simple, i remember reading Matt saying he wouldn't mind Chris singing because that would allow him to play more complex pieces on the guitar. Not saying this makes him the most talented or the BEST EVA but it should certainty be something we take into account when talking about his guitar skills.

Well people saying that his guitar works are very simple, i remember reading Matt saying he wouldn't mind Chris singing because that would allow him to play more complex pieces on the guitar. Not saying this makes him the most talented or the BEST EVA but it should certainty be something we take into account when talking about his guitar skills.

Yeah because it's not like he does lots of solos anyway :p

And from what I can remember, he just said he wouldn't mind Chris singing, nothing else.

Yeah because it's not like he does lots of solos anyway :p

And from what I can remember, he just said he wouldn't mind Chris singing, nothing else.

well this took me a while to find but: http://musewiki.org/Muse_Answers_%2820081128_Official_Muse_forum_feature%29#.237_.28unpublished_songs.29

Q: Would you ever consider letting Chris take the lead vocals on a song/b-side?

A: Yes, I would like that.Always fancied playing a few more complex guitar patterns while someone else sings.Singing and playing at the same time has its drawbacks. Matt.

Thrust

well this took me a while to find but: http://musewiki.org/Muse_Answers_%2820081128_Official_Muse_forum_feature%29#.237_.28unpublished_songs.29

Q: Would you ever consider letting Chris take the lead vocals on a song/b-side?

A: Yes, I would like that.Always fancied playing a few more complex guitar patterns while someone else sings.Singing and playing at the same time has its drawbacks. Matt.

Thrust

Ah damn. :(

Well, then Matt is the idiot(no news there). He doesn't exactly take the time to play anything complex when he's not singing...

This is a very irrational question in my eyes. Nobody can be the most talented musician alive. Anyone talented will be good at one thing, but lack in skill at something else.

If I were forced to answer I would say no. No, because Dom and Chris need to be recognized for their talent. And because of what I said before, "Nobody can be the most talented musician alive." Fortunately I don't need my favorite band to consist of the most amazing musicians alive, I just need enjoyable music, which Muse accomplishes. ;)

edit:grammar

Archived