Is Matt the most talented musician alive?

LethalGnar

First I don't like people quote my comments with a change.

Second, what do you mean with "I've heard". Of course Matt n Muse are the best talented rocker that I've ever heard. How could I determine who's the best talented rocker if I never heard them.

And third, I like music especially rock since 10. And I never like a band where I love all of the songs before.

Okay.

You can't, that's why you can't say Matt is the most talented, since you haven't heard even a percent of todays music :) Which is why I corrected your post.

Okay? What is that supposed to prove except for that you really like Muse?

First I don't like people quote my comments with a change.

Second, what do you mean with "I've heard". Of course Matt n Muse are the best talented rocker that I've ever heard. How could I determine who's the best talented rocker if I never heard them.

And third, I like music especially rock since 10. And I never like a band where I love all of the songs before.

Because you loving all their songs makes Matt the most talented rocker. Makes sense, yeah.

Music is about taste. It's not mathematic. So actually there is no word "the best talented" in music. Because all musicians are the best in their fan's eyes. So when I say I think he is the most talented, it is actually means in my opinion or to me he is the most talented. Hence, I wish we learn to respect people comments. Until we dead we will never find an agreement who the best talented is.

And if you guys feel better than Muse, then prove it. Until that, you should never humiliate Muse.

You might laugh reading this but I don’t care.

No more words from me.

Music is about taste. It's not mathematic. So actually there is no word "the best talented" in music. Because all musicians are the best in their fan's eyes. So when I say I think he is the most talented, it is actually means in my opinion or to me he is the most talented. Hence, I wish we learn to respect people comments. Until we dead we will never find an agreement who the best talented is.

And if you guys feel better than Muse, then prove it. Until that, you should never humiliate Muse.

No more words from me.

So much crap in this.

If I were to say that Rebecca Black were the best singer in the world, would that be acceptable? Because it would just be my opinion.

And I don't think that saying that Matt is not the most talented musician alive is humiliating Muse. That would be more like humiliating everyone who is actually better than him.

And before you go off on me, I do like Muse very much. Because they make great songs, and they're great people. Not because they're the best musicians in the world. Claiming so is ridiculous.

No more words from me.

I never said you couldn't think Matt was talented.

And speak for yourself, I am a huge fan of Jimmy Gnecco AND Matt Bellamy, but I would never say something about "they're the most talented/best at what they do.", Since I know that's not true.

We never said we were better than Muse either. But I do know a lot of better people vocally and instrumentally.

Oh and "talent" is such a useless term anyway.

What is talent? When people talk about talent, it's usually about "it's so easy for him" etc, which is completely bullshit. Matt, and every other good musician out there, work their asses off to become good at their instruments. No one is born with the ability to play the guitar, and that some people "just don't have it in them" is just an excuse for lazy people to avoid actually working hard for something.

Talent is a degrading word that I'd rather not use to describe anyone really.

Also, when it comes to multi-instrumentalism, Dave Grohl is absolutely in the same league as Matt.

I agree with absolutely everything else in your post, but I have to disagree with this. He's a fantastic drummer, but I wouldn't say he's anything above average in terms of everything else.

I agree with absolutely everything else in your post, but I have to disagree with this. He's a fantastic drummer, but I wouldn't say he's anything above average in terms of everything else.

I have to say i find Dave Grohls guitar/vocal work better than his drumming. Always found his drumming style somewhat 'sloppy'.

I have to say i find Dave Grohls guitar/vocal work better than his drumming. Always found his drumming style somewhat 'sloppy'.

Not so much his stuff with Nirvana, but what he did with QOTSA, TCV etc. was outstanding. I mean, the drumming in First It Giveth or No-One Knows is top tier.

What is talent? When people talk about talent, it's usually about "it's so easy for him" etc, which is completely bullshit. Matt, and every other good musician out there, work their asses off to become good at their instruments. No one is born with the ability to play the guitar, and that some people "just don't have it in them" is just an excuse for lazy people to avoid actually working hard for something.

This, I'm afraid, is nonsense.

Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Slash, They all practiced over 5 hours a day.

How many hours did that random person practice before concluding that "I'm not just musically talented" and giving up?

What is nonsense exactly?

Some people could practice 5 hours a day and never hope to be half as good. Is that clear enough for you?

Some people could practice 5 hours a day and never hope to be half as good. Is that clear enough for you?

And why is that exactly? Unless someone has a physical handicap, the playing itself isn't anything more than practice. There is nothing musical about the playing.

If you're taking about the creation of music, then that is something completely different than talent. That's influence, experience. What you have heard before you sat down to play your first note. Not a single artist in the world today could have written anything even close to they music they've done without listening to other music. No one writes a song out of nothing.

And why is that exactly? Unless someone has a physical handicap, the playing itself isn't anything more than practice. There is nothing musical about the playing.

If you're taking about the creation of music, then that is something completely different than talent. That's influence, experience. What you have heard before you sat down to play your first note. Not a single artist in the world today could have written anything even close to they music they've done without listening to other music. No one writes a song out of nothing.

Beethoven was composing at the age of 4, thats not talent?

Take singing as an example. You can study the theory of singing, you can practice every day for hours, that doesn't mean you have a hope in hell of sounding good. Some people sound good with minimal effort (natural talent), some sound shit no matter how hard they try. Surely even you can't dispute this? Jeez, you're starting to sound like Haze.

I definitely agree with all of this. I always have people complimenting me on my 'piano skillz' but when you've been playing since you were 4 and practice for an hour or more everyday of the week, it's kind of hard to not be good at it. :p

Beethoven was composing at the age of 4, thats not talent?

Uhm, with a father that pushes you into music and playing from the day you were born?

I'm not saying that some people don't have an easier time with it, I'm saying that it's not some natural talent that we are born with.

Archived