Bliss?

Xvm27

I've heard that Bliss is Matt's favourite song and I know it's one song every crowd is begging to hear them perform, but is there a specific reason why they don't play it live anymore?

I can't comment on the first part, it seems like Matt says something different every time. I'm sure that last time I read his commenting on OOS he said that Space Dementia was his favourite from the album.

As for the second part they've played Bliss this year and will definitely do so at least another twice so don't worry. :p

I've heard that Bliss is Matt's favourite song and I know it's one song every crowd is begging to hear them perform, but is there a specific reason why they don't play it live anymore?

I know that the song is one of the songs deeply loved by lots of the people here, but I don't think that we can say every crowd is begging for it. To me they got more better reaction for playing more chart-friendly songs, such as Super Massive Black Hole and Uprising.

Anyway, ^above post.

To me they got more better reaction for playing more chart-friendly songs, such as Super Massive Black Hole and Uprising.

Very sad but very true...Hence most Muse setlists these days are 90% singles...

Very sad but very true...Hence most Muse setlists these days are 90% singles...

Isn't that the same for most bands who have had numerous albums? They pick the 'greatest hits', a few of the current album songs and then a rarity or two

Their last show in Kiev was 11 singles and 8 other songs which is a fair mix

As for Bliss I like how often/little they play it, because they do still play it reasonably often, but not often enough to reduce how 'special' it is to see it live. Same with Citizen Erased

A better question is why the fuck don't they play Dead Star

Isn't that the same for most bands who have had numerous albums? They pick the 'greatest hits'' date=' a few of the current album songs and then a rarity or two[/quote']

Not necessarily. It all depends on the bands you listen to though. They all do it differently. I can understand Muse going down the arena/stadium sized greatest hit shows, given their widespread appeal, and their live shows are as stunning as ever, but it's a shame to see so much of their material going to waste.

Obviously the singles or 'hits' get the biggest reactions from crowds, cos they're the songs the majority has heard. You have to factor in that people who go to the gigs aren't all 'die-hard' fans that have heard every Muse song. In fact, most will prob have heard the latest album and a couple of other singles at best.

Muse are the sort of band who seem to use that to guide their setlists, rather than giving a more mixed bag of old and new tracks. It's a shame, but they'd rather have the majority of the crowd singing along than also pleasing the minority with older, lesser-known songs. That said, they've made more of an effort by doing these OoS gigs, so at least we've got that to look forward to. After that, we'll hear little of the OoS greats - Bliss included. :(

They all do it differently. I can understand Muse going down the arena/stadium sized greatest hit shows, given their widespread appeal, and their live shows are as stunning as ever, but it's a shame to see so much of their material going to waste.

+1 and this has been discussed many times especially during TR tour. :(

A better question is why the fuck don't they play Dead Star

That's because it's less popular when compared with other singles? I witnessed the song at live a few times, but it didn't get much reaction from the crowd, sadly. So according to the alleged logics by the band, the song doesn't deserve a place in the current setlist.

Archived