Muse to play in Russia and Ukraine

KirkBot

And some people can't read sarcasm. Or keep their rants to 1 thread (I counted 3 so far).

Aw, I saw your sarcasm (although I found it a bit harsh ;) ) and the post wasn't directed at you.

Anyway, agree with you, maybe it's a good idea to direct complaints to one thread:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=81746

Since I'm not a usual visitor in that section, it took me a time to find the thread.

You have to keep in mind though that it's not Muse setting the prices; in fact Muse has to book the venue, and the venue needs to be paid. That is done through the tickets, and the rest goes to muse, from which they have to pay any crew members they bring. Then they have transport costs to the venue, and perhaps they might actually want to have some payment themselves if there's anything left.

So as sorry as I feel for you, I don't see how Muse can help this.

To be honest, the problem is with Ukraine having a crap standard of living, not the organizer or the band. If there's people willing to pay for it, the organizer will ask it and if the band is lazy enough not to do anything about the prices, well, boohoo. Start selling weed or something.

Prices for tickets in Ukraine Kiev is totally high!!! 100 Eur in the front stand zone, and 70 Eur in the middle of hall. There are many indignant and disturbed discussions in web on ukrainian fan boards and on Facebook.

Young people in Ukraine have salaries from 150 to 350 Eur per months, students can't afford such prices at all. In 2007 tickets cost 30 - 60 Eur and situation with Economics and salaries was better. This is a disaster, such prices is accessible only for rich adults and for youth who have well working parents. For many of my friends it's not accessible, for people who need to arrive to Kiev from other cities too.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_193419204026168

As we understand this is Russian organizer who making all 3 shows, like it was in 2007 and band and management can't influence on it. But at least we'd like to let them know.

First of all, I am very sorry to hear that the concerts are relatively so expensive for you guys in Kiev, that is really pretty outrageous, with these salaries. But instead of complaining so much and feeling sorry for yourselves and asking for our salaries in Holland (which are between 1500 and 2500 average), you should see the positive side of this. A lot of foreign people want to go to Kiev now for the concert, and need a place to stay and maybe a ride to the concert.....so there's your bed and breakfast/taxi making money opportunity right there. But if you're complaining about life in Ukraine to your guests all night, you'll never see your guests again of course. Just a warning. Ok, see you in Kiev then!

First of all, I am very sorry to hear that the concerts are relatively so expensive for you guys in Kiev, that is really pretty outrageous, with these salaries. But instead of complaining so much and feeling sorry for yourselves and asking for our salaries in Holland (which are between 1500 and 2500 average), you should see the positive side of this. A lot of foreign people want to go to Kiev now for the concert, and need a place to stay and maybe a ride to the concert.....so there's your bed and breakfast/taxi making money opportunity right there. But if you're complaining about life in Ukraine to your guests all night, you'll never see your guests again of course. Just a warning. Ok, see you in Kiev then!

Blimey what an insensitive post! Trolling or what!? :LOL:

Even though I agree on those ticketprices being outrageous - the last thing I heard was that all the tickets were sold-out. So apparently there are still plenty of people who will buy them even if they are this expensive. If you all really want to make a change then you should truly boycot, all together. But trying to get a whole country to point in the same direction is nearly impossible.

Sadly enough this seems to be the truth; even if the prices are rediculously high, there are still people willing to pay the price for paradise :) No company would be as stupid as to lower the price on an item that's nearly sold-out.

• 3 weeks later...

I`m really late,but..I`ll try to explain what is THE PROBLEM withtickets for Ukraine.

1.Yes,we`ve got really low livin stadarts,so it`s quit difficult for some of us to afford such a waste of money.. Especially,if the money you`ll pay for Muse is your MONTHLY income. `cause as I know the standart minimum paid as a salay in our country is about 100$. At leastthat`s the salary my mother gets. And s a student I get MUCH less.

2.WE DO UNDERSTAND tht the band should make money too,but in this situation the only people making money of this are organizers who deided to spend less money on he venue,i`m pretty much sure,WILL SPEND AMOT NOTHING on stage settings and who decided to get the cheapest venue with the highes prices for tickets.

3.If WE DID KNOW tht prices would be so MUCH high we would,of course,try to save smth up.But most of us expected the prices to be at least A LITTLE bit higher that we had when Placebo and 30stm and Rammsein and DM visited us.. And prices WERE LOWER. So high price was sock.

4.LAST OF ALL,weouldn`t panic so much if theinformation about the concert and prices was revealed earlier,much more earlir that the sales would star. We could have worked more,saved up more money. Now, the only thing we can do is hope that by the time we make te mony we need there stil will be tickets. And specially-he tickets we want.

So foreigners coming to tht gig-isn`t way to make money,dear datch. It`s the way both to lose time and ticket..and get really miserable profit out of this.

eventually,most of the pre-orders,as I know,were cancelled.And hopefully,there are still enough tickets..

What is sad,I suppose there will be more foreigners at the Kiev`s concert..And many people from Ukraune really won`t come.Evn though,by this time they suposed this event to be of almot historical importance!

It`s particularly enjoyful,when your favourit band cmes to play to YOUR SPECIAL COUNTRY and you here ,,Come on!Kev!,, - not London,not Pragua,but Kiev!..

And still-mny of us won`t hear this ever or at least in the following 3 years or more.

With loadsof respect-

humble a little bit complaining fan.

ps-didn`t mean o offend anyone and there was no sarcasm.

I posted it earlier and post it again:

For those Ukrainians who complain: the cheapest tickets for Meladze's "gig" (if I could call that) cost 1550 UAH in march 2011. Show was sold out.

For those who don't know who the f*ck is Meladze

So in consideration of what kind of band Muse is, thier shows and how ofthen they visit Ukraine tickets prices are fair enough. If this dick Meladze can sell all the tickets for that prices then why Muse shouldn't?

If you need more examples:

Stas Mikhailov 450 - 1750 UAH

Mashina Vremeni 150 - 2500 UAH

Nikolay Noskov 180 - 1000 UAH

Brainstorm 250 - 1500 UAH

All prices taken from parter.ua

And I, frankly, ashamed of the Ukrainians, who ache for the whole world what we are poor and miserable. How do people not understand that after such strikes us all no one wants to go ...

I, too, news of the arrival of my favorite group caught by surprise on the eve of the session in the university and I had to invest savings, which postponed the session for the purchase of tickets. but nonetheless this is my dream fulfilled on May 24! Eaaaaaa!!:stongue::stongue::stongue:

Will anybody feel sorry for Kazakhstan?!...:)

You're so lucky that Muse's comin to your country... I'm afraid, we'll never have Muse in Almaty or Astana... :( I don't have this great salary, but it is my dream to see Muse ... that's why i'm going to Russia...So my ticket for Muse gig in St-Peter will cost 1500 RBL + 350 USD (airplane tickets) + hotel... Double it since I take my daughter with me... Just remember crazy me, when you are complaining about 100 EURO ticket...:D

Will anybody feel sorry for Kazakhstan?!...:)

You're so lucky that Muse's comin to your country... I'm afraid, we'll never have Muse in Almaty or Astana... :( I don't have this great salary, but it is my dream to see Muse ... that's why i'm going to Russia...So my ticket for Muse gig in St-Peter will cost 1500 RBL + 350 USD (airplane tickets) + hotel... Double it since I take my daughter with me... Just remember crazy me, when you are complaining about 100 EURO ticket...:D

I understand you. When you have a dream and you're on the verge of its execution, then all the numbers and bank notes go into the background. Especially because this is a dream - a MUSE! If my daughter was older (she is only 3,5 years) I would take her, the more she is in love with Uncle Matt=) Alice says he's handsome uncle and asks to buy her a guitar and she will be playing as Matt.

I know that we have with many cities are organized fans, hire minibuses for the trip to Kiev. After the concert will MUSE - afterparty. In the morning they go home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived