Juliette Lewis is always drunk :LOL: , she's a really nice girl aswell, met her yearsssss ago just before she did Dusk 'til Dawn.

i did too when she was doing a play in london, she's totally awesome. you should have seen her at the NMEs during the foos :LOL::facepalm:

and speaking of nice, she actually managed to come to israel already with the licks when they still existed.. unlike some bands ;)

I really would not want them to record an album while high or drunk because, honestly, I think it would be rubbish! Not that they would.

They probably have recorded and written stuff while completely off their faces. Drugs & music go heavily hand in hand, always has done and always will, highly doubt Muse are an exception to that.

Just there's no way a band could record an album completely off their faces the entire time unless they are addicts (Everyone in Fleetwood Mac was a cocaine addict while they were recording Rumours for example), intentionally experimenting (Like many of the 60's/70's psychedelia bands would take LSD and see what happened, often nothing like anything by The Beatles, although there's a heavy influence there, Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe & The Fish, Neu! and so on) or not trying to make an album for a big commercial release.

Many of OOS's songs were written prior to recording, they used a couple of studios over however long it was it took to record. All Matt ever said was something about a field next to the studio having loads of mushrooms.

Here's what hallucinogens sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldJ4DZkwHIs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Cbfm1PStA

Lovely answer by Thom Yorke about what Radiohead would sound like if they were taking heroin; "We'd sound like Bryan Adams!"

i did too when she was doing a play in london, she's totally awesome. you should have seen her at the NMEs during the foos :LOL::facepalm:

and speaking of nice, she actually managed to come to israel already with the licks when they still existed.. unlike some bands ;)

Awesome, maybe they'll show it on the highlights... If it's on C4 they usually tend to show the raunchy bits when possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Muse were considering going to places like Israel, Greece, Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia/UAE, however these countries are striving through revolution and uncertainty, I worry for Israel especially if the domino effect happening in the Egypt/Libya/Algeria area continues.

I've not been to Israel myself, what bands have appeared over there recently?

people have selective memory.

they did record some stuff on mushrooms but then when they were proper sober and normal they listened back to it they thought it sounded like shit so they had to redo it and record all over again.

so, no, OOS wasnt recorded on mushrooms lol

I was going to write that so, thank you :LOL:

Awesome, maybe they'll show it on the highlights... If it's on C4 they usually tend to show the raunchy bits when possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Muse were considering going to places like Israel, Greece, Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia/UAE, however these countries are striving through revolution and uncertainty, I worry for Israel especially if the domino effect happening in the Egypt/Libya/Algeria area continues.

I've not been to Israel myself, what bands have appeared over there recently?

well, israel has a democratic regime so i'm guessing we can't expect anything like that to happen here.. then again, our government sucks major balls :erm:

on a more muse-related issue, if they really go to turkey and/or greece again as it seems they are and again, won't come here, the fans here will probably give up once and for all. i already told them i'm done with all this but i'm still trying to help til the end of the year :p

recently we had linkin park, placebo.. others i can't think of lol

and we have gogol bordello and deep purple coming here soon for the second time, the buzzcocks, hurts and justin bieber (lol) coming here for the first time..

and anyway, about the nme, let us know how the show on tv goes, i can't wait to see it again, such a good night :LOL:

I like nsc, I love the melody in it, not so much guiding light, but you can't base your argument on two songs. I would say that the vast majority, if not all of their music, is made sober!

Yes Please may be one of the exceptions, but even if they make bits of it drunk, I'm no expert, but I imagine it would then be reworked into something that sounded good.

I agree with you... nsc is a very nice song... I like it... and I like guiding light as well! :musesign:

I think people don't like NSC because it is part of the whole Twilight shinanigan, i personally, don't find it that bad, it's pretty similar to something like Starlight, more radio friendly, but heck, i would kill myself if there was a whole album of it :LOL:

'Our love would be forever

And if we die, we die together

And I, I said never

'Cause our love would be forever'

The fourth line...it's like Bellamy thinks the person he's singing it to has amnesia or something. So fucking clunky.

Archived