talking about NSC, i just wanted to say that, i listened to NSC only twice, and i don't want to hear it anymore. i think it's too far from muse mainstream. especially the lyrics and the melody. the song would be more proper sang by a diva rather than a rockstar like matt. it just sounds too poppy. ups sorry for being rude. i just wanted to express my feeling about NSC.

talking about NSC, i just wanted to say that, i listened to NSC only twice, and i don't want to hear it anymore. i think it's too far from muse mainstream. especially the lyrics and the melody. the song would be more proper sang by a diva rather than a rockstar like matt. it just sounds too poppy. ups sorry for being rude. i just wanted to express my feeling about NSC.

:LOL:

Yeah, i thought that when i first listened to it, well actually The Resistance felt like that to me :LOL:, but, i gave it time and it grew on me :/ :p But, to be fair, i haven't even lostened to NSC all the way through yet :LOL:

It's just awful. Although it was strangely beautiful when my mate sang it to me down the phone when he was a little drunk one time. The original will never quite match that, that was truly heart felt. :happy:

I am positive it was also heartfelt from Matt's point of view and personally I feel that when I listen to it.

That is the point, it was a song outside the Muse remit. Matt even said that he knew some people would think it cheesy, but it was just something he needed to express at the time. I think that Matt has always written soppy/sensitive (whichever way you want to describe it) love songs from when he was very young. They've just rarely made the cut because of the Muse remit. He spoke about that when he sold Soaked to to Adam Lambert. He said he wanted to try his hand at writing songs like that but that he couldn't do it for Muse because Muse had boundaries.

I think that with NSC he made the exception because it was something that was important to him in his own life. It was something he wanted to express through music, something that emotionally has been lost on many fans.

I respect that he wanted to do that, and his reasons, as well as the song (well I like the song) and I wish people would stop going on about it tbh. Let it go.

I am positive it was also heartfelt from Matt's point of view and personally I feel that when I listen to it.

There was an element of sarcasm in there.

Anyway, if he really needed to express something, why wait until there's a deal to write a song for a film soundtrack or why release it under the "Muse" banner if he feels there's boundaries?

Some great, timeless, love songs have been written for films (The Look Of Love by Dusty Springfield & We Have All The Time In The World by Louis Armstrong spring to mind, yes I love Bond films by the way), NSC just sounds childish and more of a drunken giggle in comparison.

Anyway, if he really needed to express something, why wait until there's a deal to write a song for a film soundtrack or why release it under the "Muse" banner if he feels there's boundaries?

Some great, timeless, love songs have been written for films (The Look Of Love by Dusty Springfield & We Have All The Time In The World by Louis Armstrong spring to mind, yes I love Bond films by the way), NSC just sounds childish and more of a drunken giggle in comparison.

I quite think it shouldn't matter when and for what he released it...

I listen to the song without even considering where it came from, and decide if I like it or not...

but I understand... we all have our own taste in music :D

I quite think it shouldn't matter when and for what he released it...

I listen to the song without even considering where it came from, and decide if I like it or not...

but I understand... we all have our own taste in music :D

If you like it, that's cool, just claiming whether it's truly heartfelt or not given the cynical nature of why it came to be released I think is possibly believing something you may want to believe. Obviously when you don't like it, it's easy to assume it was just a "we have this pile of crap lying around, lets take the money and not bother" type of thing as well.

If you like it, that's cool, just claiming whether it's truly heartfelt or not given the cynical nature of why it came to be released I think is possibly believing something you may want to believe. Obviously when you don't like it, it's easy to assume it was just a "we have this pile of crap lying around, lets take the money and not bother" type of thing as well.

makes sense! :happy:

Well Matt's Matt, that's why it works, that's why it felt heartfelt to me. If the lyrics had been overly sophisticated they wouldn't have come over as so heartfelt. I think he was trying to be honest with Neutron Star Collisions and looking for the "truth", but I think alongside that there was real heartfelt love, regret, sadness, and memories.

I don't think he waited for the film, I think it just came up at a similar time and it made sense to tie both things in. However I don't think he was instantly sure it was a good idea. He spoke about it with a fan. As for the Muse "banner", as I said, I think it was an exception. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Otherwise it would have meant him releasing it as a solo artist and he was hardley in a position to do that, especially in the middle of a tour, and anyway I think both Chris and Dom were with him on it.

I love Dusty's The Look of Love btw.

No it's believing what Matt said it was about. He'd have to be pretty hard hearted to say what he did for commercial reasons and, personally, I don't believe he is like that.

No it's believing what Matt said it was about. He'd have to be pretty hard hearted to say what he did for commercial reasons and, personally, I don't believe he is like that.

You don't turn up to interviews and start going on about how you did anything for commercial reasons! :LOL::facepalm:

Unless you're Aphex Twin of course, but then half the crap he comes out with...

You don't turn up to interviews and start going on about how you did anything for commercial reasons! :LOL::facepalm:

Unless you're Aphex Twin of course, but then half the crap he comes out with...

Doesn't make sense. He turns up for interviews, obviously for commercial reasons, but when they ask him questions, no doubt he answers as a living breathing person with his own thoughts, reasons for doing things and stuff he wants to say. All I'm saying is that I doubt he would stoop as low as to pretend that he wrote a song relating to his breakup if he didn't, and it was totally for commercial reasons, not unless he had good reason, like a lot of anger and hatred which meant he wanted to belittle his relationship, which I doubt.

No one in music has ever profited from the falling apart of relationships of course.

I'd highly recommend looking into Factory Records and Tony Wilson and what went on there, the film 24 Hour Party People out right states half of it is bollocks, half truth. He understood the importance of creating the legend, everyone in the industry is at it, we've already seen people claiming Muse were high as a kite on mushrooms for OOS! (Which you dismissed as it doesn't suit what you want to hear!)

i dont understand what is so difficult to grasp about the concept that a songwriter who ended a long term romantic relationship would be *gasps in shock* expressing feelings about it through a song. bleeding obvious to most people what the song is about (and with that subject, why wouldnt it be heartfelt?), considering what we know of matt as a songwriter, what we know of his personal life and the time of writing/recording.

but i guess some people will question everything, even what's right in front of their eyes *shrugs*

twilight wanted a muse song; he had a song that could work. business happens, song is released. some people like it, other don't. what's new?

That is the point, it was a song outside the Muse remit. Matt even said that he knew some people would think it cheesy, but it was just something he needed to express at the time. I think that Matt has always written soppy/sensitive (whichever way you want to describe it) love songs from when he was very young. They've just rarely made the cut because of the Muse remit. He spoke about that when he sold Soaked to to Adam Lambert. He said he wanted to try his hand at writing songs like that but that he couldn't do it for Muse because Muse had boundaries.

I think that with NSC he made the exception because it was something that was important to him in his own life. It was something he wanted to express through music, something that emotionally has been lost on many fans.

I respect that he wanted to do that, and his reasons, as well as the song (well I like the song) and I wish people would stop going on about it tbh. Let it go.

i love soaked melody n the piano solo. i can feel the sorrow, the pain, the disappointment, n the angry in them. and i rather like the lyric.

i dont understand what is so difficult to grasp about the concept that a songwriter who ended a long term romantic relationship would be *gasps in shock* expressing feelings about it through a song. bleeding obvious to most people what the song is about (and with that subject, why wouldnt it be heartfelt?), considering what we know of matt as a songwriter, what we know of his personal life and the time of writing/recording.

but i guess some people will question everything, even what's right in front of their eyes *shrugs*

twilight wanted a muse song; he had a song that could work. business happens, song is released. some people like it, other don't. what's new?

the good thing is, muse gave NSC for twilight and not included it in the album. no wayyy. hehehe.

the way i think about NSC is, matt created the song because of the request of other, and because twilight is a film about love, matt was trying to make a love song that fit with the film. my point is, i think matt did not seem to be himself in creating NSC. that's just my thoughts anyway.

the way i think about NSC is, matt created the song because of the request of other, and because twilight is a film about love, matt was trying to make a love song that fit with the film. my point is, i think matt did not seem to be himself in creating NSC. that's just my thoughts anyway.

I abhor the sound arrangement in NSC the most. Don't really have anything against the vocal and lyrics (although lolz), but the arrangement never fails to make me think they crammed possible muse-like elements into it in the most cheapest and obvious way, I found it disgusting from the first listen.

Archived