how were The Big Pink as an opener?

Oh they were amazing!:happy:

Amazingly fucking awful! Some of us have had to endure their 'music' many times in order to see Muse!:eek::LOL:

how were The Big Pink as an opener? they seem pretty cool to open for muse, even though i would have loved to seen biffy or pulled apart by horses come to the states. I think all of them would be welcome here

They were terrible both times I saw them open for Muse. And they've been famously quoted as saying Muse fans are ugly. that's surely enough to put you off.

I love opening acts when I go to club shows, because those shows are more about the energy than the music but the music is important too. The reason why I don't like opening acts at arena concerts or stadiums is this little example right here. Metallica, December 8th, 2009, Boise Idaho. One of the opening acts blew out a speaker so when Metallica played the sound was shit. Even though only half the stuff was old stuff so the other half would've sounded shit anyway but still. IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING DAMNIT!

If you are at a rock concert and complain about the volume, you're an idiot.

It's not just the volume, it's the mixing. When i saw them on the 9th of December biffy clyro was so badly mixed that they hurt my ears, then Muse came on, they were way louder but my ears didn't hurt one bit.

It's not just the volume, it's the mixing. When i saw them on the 9th of December biffy clyro was so badly mixed that they hurt my ears, then Muse came on, they were way louder but my ears didn't hurt one bit.

Yeah, I saw someone else write about it before.

Thinking of bands people HAVEN'T mentioned and I'm very surprised nobody has said Queens Of The Stone Age yet. :LOL:

I, personally, wouldn't want a support who were like Muse or were a "Muse lite", I'd want a band who have a similar style to their music but aren't of the same mould.

Bloc Party would be great, they're similar and different at the same time.

Airbourne would be kind of fun, I'd love to see a real Rock 'N' Roll band get the crowd going.

I think Fightstar would work too. They've got a Muse-esque musical dexterity and are fairly good live. They could get the crowd going pretty well, imo.

In Case Of Fire and Young Guns are both very good, young, up-and-coming British bands who would gain a lot from being on tour with music and are definitely good enough to garner a very positive crowd reaction. I'd say Elliot Minor too but they're a bit too poppy.

I missed them. I was outside the stadium trying to sell my spare ticket. Sold it just in time for Kasabian.

Kasabian were a disappointment to say the least. Overrated as far as I'm concerned.

Shame you missed Devotchka, one of the best supporting bands they've had this tour.

Kasabian were a disappointment to say the least. Overrated as far as I'm concerned.

Shame you missed Devotchka, one of the best supporting bands they've had this tour.

I really enjoyed Kasabian but then I've been a fan since 2004 and hadn't seen them live before. The sound was all off though, something wrong with Tom's mic.

Archived