well, i just lost my muse virginity, and it was a bit rough. muse are fucking excellent and i've only positive things to say about them, but the crowd was the roughest crowd i've ever encountered and i got very crushed in my just about front row spot. so much so that i had to be hoisted over the barrier by security to get away from the madness (i felt like i was going to faint!) not a happy ending, but i got most of the gig up front, at least. set list was a little different from what they played in new york ... we got TSP and ruled by secrecy. hopefully i got some good pics from when i was still up close, which i'll post once they're developed.

hopefully i'll enjoy the providence show from a more peaceful vantage point tomorrow... to all those going, see ya there!! and maybe i'll be more successful with my stalking. i just came home afterwards cause i was wiped out, and before the show i just briefly met tom kirk.

well, i just lost my muse virginity, and it was a bit rough. muse are fucking excellent and i've only positive things to say about them, but the crowd was the roughest crowd i've ever encountered and i got very crushed in my just about front row spot. so much so that i had to be hoisted over the barrier by security to get away from the madness (i felt like i was going to faint!) not a happy ending, but i got most of the gig up front, at least. set list was a little different from what they played in new york ... we got TSP and ruled by secrecy. hopefully i got some good pics from when i was still up close, which i'll post once they're developed.

hopefully i'll enjoy the providence show from a more peaceful vantage point tomorrow... to all those going, see ya there!! and maybe i'll be more successful with my stalking. i just came home afterwards cause i was wiped out, and before the show i just briefly met tom kirk.

You're home already! :eek:

It's a great feeling to lose your Muse virginity, isn't it? :D

Ugh, it's horrible that rough crowds like that ruin the experience, that's why I hate mosh pits and such. But it's hard to imagine that that would ruin the night, I mean... you saw Muse!! :D That's just awesome, have fun tomorrow and I hope you're a lot safer. :)

Hey, Katie and Lana... did you guys go to the show tonight too?

I went to the show tonight.

oh...my...god

It was absolute perfection. Those of you who are under 18 really should have given it a shot, cause they only carding people who planned on drinking. I must also say that i quite liked the Exit. I have got to sleep now, i'm so glad i finally saw them. I hope everyone else who went had as good a time as i, and i hope for the same to those going to upcoming shows. peace.

I tend to find that rough crowds are enthusiastic crowds. The two roughest crowds I've been in were APC/NIN at the gorge, mostly during APC. And the second, which might be surprising, but perhaps expresses my point more clearly, is the last show in seattle by the Smashing Pumpkins - sold out in 10 minutes, and past the halfway mark to the stage was hell. I near vomitted and had to step out during an extended Bullet With Butterfly Wings (which is a real shame).

I guess it goes to show you, sometimes over-enthusiasm can be a bad thing. It's hard for a big group of people, who are super-excited about the band, to let the band lull them into a collective and cooperative mood. Which may be why (and much to my critical indie snob friends' dismay), the best show I've ever been to has to be hands down, AFI (gasp!). The band totally had a handle on every single bouncing head in the place, and even myself, who saw the show on a bit of whim, found it difficult to not be enthralled with the pure, but cohesive, energy in the place.

Originally Posted by JSG

well, i just lost my muse virginity, and it was a bit rough. muse are fucking excellent and i've only positive things to say about them, but the crowd was the roughest crowd i've ever encountered and i got very crushed in my just about front row spot. so much so that i had to be hoisted over the barrier by security to get away from the madness (i felt like i was going to faint!) not a happy ending, but i got most of the gig up front, at least. set list was a little different from what they played in new york ... we got TSP and ruled by secrecy. hopefully i got some good pics from when i was still up close, which i'll post once they're developed. hopefully i'll enjoy the providence show from a more peaceful vantage point tomorrow... to all those going, see ya there!! and maybe i'll be more successful with my stalking. i just came home afterwards cause i was wiped out, and before the show i just briefly met tom kirk.

JSG.. The Strand in Providence has some seats etc. so there isnt as much room to get rough as other places. I think we'll be okay there.. i hope :)

Me too, Bobbie. Ebay should really control that.

Hey Apya, is it your birthday today? Geez, what an abnormal amount of birthdays recently! Happy Birthday! :)

thanks, Steph! yeah... 'twas my b-day... the big 32 (argh). just got back from chicago. I had to go see the band my best friend loves in order for her to come with me to muse. *sigh* it's all good... cuz I luuuuurrrrrve chicago! oh... and we picked up the onion which had the local band listings... it was fantabulous seeing MUSE playing at the Metro listed as SOLDOUT! :):):)

we want it now... (tee hee)

ok, well i'm still in providence, but once i get back to boston, i'll put the rest of them up. (oh, and happy birthday... i know i'm a little late).

just a brief note on last night's gig... set list was exactly the same as in boston, but i enjoyed the show about 100 times more cause i had that important thing i was missing thursday night... personal space.

sigh, my 2 nights of muse are over. hope they come back...

just picked up a copy of a local boston paper. it was nice to see a pic and a little write up of muse in the entertainment section. but... what they wrote wasn't so nice. example: "time is running out is definitely our favorite radiohead song since paranoid android" and "elsewhere on absolution, the band summon upt he kind of bends-era apocalyptic anthems thom yorke won't allow anymore" AND "the british trio muse are best known as the band radiohead fans turn to during those desperate moments when their copies of ok computer are out of reach"

GRR... who wrote this radiohead-centric muse blurb??

Ugh, it's just like Rolling Stone. They're too busy kissing people's asses to do their own research. They just trust what other journalists have written about them, no matter how stupid or dated the comparisons are. Still, it never fails to piss me off.

for the love of...

what pissed me off this weekend... lessee... prolly when I was driving back from Chicago with my friend and was FINALLY able to put muse in... all she did was bitch that it sounded too much like radiohead. I warned her that she better keep her trap shut if she was gonna enjoy herself at the shows thursday and friday cuz if there's anything a muse fan dislikes... it's a radiohead comparison. if she would get her head outta her you-know-what, she'd get it... but she's only listening on one level... the same level that these "critics" are hangin' out on. grrr. yeah... that was the only thing that pissed me off. I felt better when I turned it up, though. I hope she enjoys the shows. I know *I* will.

and thanks for the piccies... they're awesome (wicked awesome)!

and thanks for the piccies...

no prob... i think the photo place may have messed up my pics, though. i took nearly a whole roll, and only got about 10 pictures back. i just checked the negatives and the two pics i thought would come out best (when matt was at the edge of the stage)...didn't get developed. i'm no photo expert, but they look fine in the negatives, so i'm going to try to take them somewhere else for re-prints tomorrow. we'll see...

that last one is very cool.

there was a girl at the roger clyne show I just went to (my friend's fave band, not mine... ack) that had taken pics like this at their last show. she worked at a photo place, I guess... so she printed a bunch of 'em up very big and handed them out to random people to have the band sign after the show.

you could definitely do that with thiat last pic... I think matt would love that one!

Damn.. who would have thought.. Muse finally playing gigs in the U.S. I am so envious of you all. But i'll get them soon enough. Very exciting indeed.

On the plus side i finally heard TIRO on the Radio.. here in Los Angeles. I was hanging out with some friends/co-workers late thursday night when all of a sudden TIRO comes on. So what do i do?? I tell everyone to shut up while i turned the radio up and start singing out loud. hehe.

So what do i do?? I tell everyone to shut up while i turned the radio up and start singing out loud. hehe.

woo HOOOOOO! isn't it the best feeling hearing them on the radio for the first EVER?!?!?!? did your friends dig it?

Archived