hmm... no one told me happy birthday. But I take that to be on account of two things, one it is not my birthday, and two, the utter disdain I am sure you all have for me. Oh well, good old automated bot muse messenger gave me my only unreminded birthday wishes - I guess we all have something to count on.

Happy birthday bobbie.

I am prepared to assume full responsibility for this... my intense anger last night, knowing that they were just a mere twelve(ish) hours away may have caused a wave of bad luck. Bad karmic waves maybe? Anyway, don't hurt me, and I really do hope he gets better and that the shows are still on, or at least rescheduled for the very near future.

Darn you, Mark and Steph, trying to infringe on the blame that is so rightfully mine (afterall, I jinxed it by having my friends who are accompanying me to the concert over to watch Hullabaloo last night)!

But honestly, I'm more cautiously optimistic than before. It's good that the management haven't said anything yet, because that means it's not *so* awful as to immediatetly make next week's dates impossible. The mouth is the fastest healing part of the body. Stitches take longer to heal, but if it was a shallow cut then I can't see it taking very long, especially if he's not using his mouth while healing. It's hard to trust the word of the people who were there, because any cut to the face tends to be excessively bloody and they often look worse than they are.

So I can see it going either way, but I think we all know which way I'd prefer.

Well God, that's sad. Fighting over whose fault it is that Matt has a broken lip. Well, just because I don't exactly look forward to being attacked by a group of angry American Musers, I'll let you two share the blame. :p

But geez Mark, I wish I was bitter over not being able to see them in a small venue. I'm more bitter at the fact that... well, they don't seem to give a rat's ass about Florida. Yeah, I thought I'd gotten over it... I haven't.

Wow, I was just joking last year, about how something would happen to stop Muse if they ever felt so inclined as to tour America...I guess it's true.

Well, Steph, we can all share your bitterness, so you're in good company. :)

Ohh, and I hate to end all the fun, but I do win the award for "Most likely to have unknowingly caused Matt's injury." Unless anyone else had tickets to see the White Stripes in Boston the week Jack broke his finger...

Thanks Kev, El TriHellios. No, I didn't have any fun on my birthday Bob. It was raining as heck and I had to do many chores. :/

Don't worry Steph. I'm very spiteful too. They had to come tour the busiest time in my semester at school so I can't get away even if I wanted to. And it gets a bit disheartening when a lot of people IM me telling me that they're going (to two or three+ gigs nonetheless) and I'm trying not to blow up. Actually I did once to Chris (bugg08...well he used to be on this board...) but I apologized afterwards. @_@

Thanks Kev, El TriHellios. No, I didn't have any fun on my birthday Bob. It was raining as heck and I had to do many chores. :/

Don't worry Steph. I'm very spiteful too. They had to come tour the busiest time in my semester at school so I can't get away even if I wanted to. And it gets a bit disheartening when a lot of people IM me telling me that they're going (to two or three+ gigs nonetheless) and I'm trying not to blow up. Actually I did once to Chris (bugg08...well he used to be on this board...) but I apologized afterwards. @_@

I know what you mean. I am happy that people are gonna get to see them, but I'm disappointed beyond words that I can't see them. And I think it's worse knowing that they're in your country, and people are enjoying them, but you can't see them, then them not touring here at all.

:'( Why why why?!! The only happy event of my life and of course it is possible destroyed before my very eyes, really though, what was i expecting?? Goodness me, the pics in the photogallery are unnecesarily bloody *shudders* i hope all that blood just makes it look bad. I stilll intend to keep ignorant optimism afloat :rolleyes:

and i'm sorry, my internet has been screwed up, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBIE!! :D:D

I know what you mean. I am happy that people are gonna get to see them, but I'm disappointed beyond words that I can't see them. And I think it's worse knowing that they're in your country, and people are enjoying them, but you can't see them, then them not touring here at all.

Yep yep exactly.

Btw thanks Jenna and Katie.

My sister downloaded some kind of spyware and since it's fairly new, I have to go to extreme lengths to remove it. Ger (Red dragon (I think that's his name on the board)) is helping me with it. Nearly four hours already while I could be finishing my homework. :S

Yep yep exactly.

Btw thanks Jenna and Katie.

My sister downloaded some kind of spyware and since it's fairly new, I have to go to extreme lengths to remove it. Ger (Red dragon (I think that's his name on the board)) is helping me with it. Nearly four hours already while I could be finishing my homework. :S

I think I have some new spyware thing that spybot's not catching. Everytime I close an active window, I get a popup no matter what it was. Oh well. At least I get to go see Muse in seattle on May 9th.

And i thought ebay made scalping tickets on their site illegal? I checked it out and saw muse tickets going for ridiculous prices, including to my beloved seattle show, and those tickets could have been in the hands of friends rather than the ebay elite.

How can people do that? Most Muse fans aren't on the highest budget...I'd rather give tickets to anyone on this site, regardless of how well I know them, than sell them for a sizable profit. That's self-interest above band interest! :mad:

i know. i don't believe in ripping people off for tickets. then i can hope that good ticket karma comes my way if i'm ever in a bind.

wonder how matt's doing... still no word on the rest of this week's gigs.

yeah, i guess it's better than 'things look so bad we're already calling everything off.'

still, i'd normally be giddy at the thought of seeing muse in a few days, but instead i'm preparing for the worst-case scenario.

Archived