Hehe, I was driving when I heard it fully first, and it was dangerous. I was just cruising along singing my little heart out, completely out of it. When it was ending, and I had stopped at a red light, I looked over at my passenger and she was shaking. Apparantly I almost took out several mailboxes and a dog.

Wow. "The Muse" will be on the air any second. :LOL:

Wow. "The Muse" will be on the air any second. :LOL:

seriously - why do they call them "the muse"?

they're doing that here in toronto too...did some marketing guy screw up the fax they sent to all the radio stations??

rivum

Nah, Steph, he's right. I was listening to that broadcast from Toronto (thanks for posting that by the way, rivum :) ), and the DJ kept calling them "The Muse." I wish of the guys had said something. Honestly.

They did that here too! 95.5 kept calling them "The Muse" when they were with us outside the venue. We kept correcting them, but they didn't listen. Idiots. :rolleyes:

I'm really irritated with Ticketmaster (Like that's a new development, right?).

Yesterday, I got my schedule for work, and I do indeed have Saturday off. The day I should be seeing muse at Topcats in Cincinnati, Ohio, but the gods have appearently stolen all tickets and their owners from the face of this earth. Or at least, none on ebay and none on the forums here. So, that was a kick in the face, and a swift reminder of how badly I want to go.

So I came home and hopped online to ticketmaster, in the hopes that somehow more tickets had been released.

I screamed as, instead of the 'Tickets are not available right now' default screen I'd been getting for a week or two, it once again had the pulldown menu asking which tickets I wanted, and how many. I ran, got credit card, and put in my request for two. I came back after getting the credit card, and was met with a message saying my request could not be found, in other words, not that many tickets were available. Fine, if I can't have two, I'll search for one.

No luck. Nothing available, yet the menu kept coming up like there were still some. Ticketmaster was teasing me.

So, I called my local ticketmaster in hopes it'd work. It took me through the steps, and acted as if there were some, and then in the end said they were not available.

So, all that excitement for nothing. The concert is Saturday, and I am still ticketless. Colour me bummed. :'( My fingers are still crossed, hoping someone on here or somewhere else will pop up with an extra, but knowing my luck, I can't expect too much. Argh.

they had them listed as "the muse" in virgin megastore.

but virgin megastores are closing down so it makes sense.

not really.

but they're really closing down..

*memooooorriiiiiieeeees from the coooorners of my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind* :'(

*shrugs*

Did the Exit guy really say Mule? :eek::LOL: I was on the 2nd row so maybe deafness had already set in...

That's terrible, jezebelseven! :eek: Ticketmaster did the same thing to me with Strokes tickets; saying they still had some when they didn't. Obviously that can't compare, but I do share your sentiments of their corruption. Good luck finding a ticket. Wish I could help.

Aw, just wanted to let everyone know that Muse are no longer American primetime TV virgins. Last night I happened to be watching MTV2 for background noise, and a commercial for Absolution came on! I must admit I thought I was hallucinating at first, but apparantly Tower records is promoting them. Nothing spectacular, just some clips from the TIRO video and all the Brit mag press raves, but I was proud just the same.

I saw that commercial! :D But it was definitely not primetime, it was one of the commercials for Subterranean. Now they need to lose their American Late Night TV virginity. :p

I hate Ticketmaster, that's such a horrible thing to do. That show has been sold out for a while, right? If it was Britney Spears or something, they'd tell you the minute all tickets were sold out. :rolleyes: I really, really hope you can find some way of getting to go. *crosses fingers*

Well.. here in L.A... our "World Famous KROQ" has been plugging them constantly with "new music... MUSE" followed by TIRO clips.

Hearing them on the radio was one thing... but hearing this means a big push.

heard TIRO on Krock NYC and damn near crashed my car. i really couldnt believe it.

and yeah, Sleater Kinney does rock live :D

they play TIRO on our Seattle radio a lot... and this local record store Easy Street, has a wall plastered with flats from Absolution. It's hott with two t's.

I'm suprised how huge they're getting here, they totally deserve it of course, but I didn't realize the mass american public was getting so damn hip.

What I have found occurs with ticketmaster and other ticket programs sometimes, is that occasionally, more tickets become available. Why? Well I asked around and apparently two things can occur to make additional tickets available.

1. People cancel their ticket orders on a credit card, or a credit card is overdrawn, or other problems that result from payment/pick up problems.

2. Venues reserve a certain amount of tickets for every show that they use to try to promote the show in giving to radiostations and other such places. Also, if you work in the venue, you can reserve tickets ahead of times in some venues. Occasionally, this reserve stash doesn't get used up, or a radio station can't get rid of however many they bought, and thus those tickets go back into the pot.

Thus, I have found about a week before a show, there anywhere from 0-100 tickets suddenly become available. This works out nicely for some, as I have gone to a few shows through this route that were listed as sold out.

Nice! :)

Hey, it's not Muse-related, but do we have any NYC TCTC fans here? If we do, they ought to go here and get free tickets to Wednesday's Last Call taping! This is killing me, since the minimum age is 16; if only we were still on break! So, anyone who can go really ought to, so that I can live vicariously through him/her.

Archived