wow....thats all i have to say is wow....everything was absolutely perfect....ok well it started off shitty....we wanted to be there and 1 1/2 before the doors open so we could get in the front...and we're late because A) chris forgot his ticket...and B) the directions we had sucked...but we were still about 30th in line but it was awesome because...we were right infront of the doors of their tour bus as we were sitting there waiting...and im standing there just looking around...and i look forward...and holy shit its matt and dom! and my heart beats anpout 100 miles a minute....and i do my cool...hey matt.....and dom whats up??? and they both ankowledge my precense....so then they go into their bus and sit down and start watching tv...so i go up and start watching tv through the window....i officially have watched tv with muse....so as im standing there....this very large man brushes my shoulder....and before i realise who it is...its fuckin chris...and by now u can just imagine my excitement....so then no real action happens and we're standing there...and my friends are in line and im like i have an idea...start clapping and cheering whenever the tour bus door opens....so we do that and the roadies and tour manager get a huge kick out of that...start taking bows etc...then they come out and video tape us doing it so that was really cool...and then the tour manager opens the door...we cheer...he closes it...opens it again...and does that...then it opens again....its dom....i immediately walk up and shake the chaps hand and my friends ensue...then i go up and talk with the tour manager for a good....20 mins about everything....then we go into the club..we're second row....dead center...and girls were in front of us so we had on obstruction of view....the exit comes on....they were pretty decent...and then an hour sound check cuz something was wrong with matts switchboard.... so we hav to wait forever as primus's album is playing in full about 1.5 times...finally the lights go out everyone cheers...and in walks muse....they start off with hysteria which was fucking awesome they also played new born plug in baby muscle museum sunburn.....fully piano which was cool....butterflies and hurricanes was def the biggest suprise of the night...it rooocked...they played the groove bliss apoco sing for abso...tiro....stockholm syndrome that lasted a nice 20 minutes....the concert was fucking amazing...so after that we go and wait by the bus....we called in an order to dominoes across the street and went and picked it up and ate pizza by the bus...then it fucking starts to rain so we already met all the memers....so we were like lets just bail...it was lightning and everything...but then we find an auning about 5 feet down the road...so we were like screw it lets stay for a little longer...about 10 mins later...out walks the band...and only about 10 of us are left outside...so we get to talk to them for a good 20 mins....i talked to matt about the crazy pitch shifter ges got....i talked to dom about everything and anything...chris...hes really cool....thanked em for finally coming to the states...got my muse flat signed they said cheers take care come catch us in the fall...went into the pub...and i went home a happy happy man....it was soooo unbelievable....thank you for listning and goodbye

haha they watched the home shopping network for a little while which was odd....and then theyw ere watching mtv 2 where those comedians make fun of the videos and peoples clothes...

Home shopping network?? :eek::LOL: That's indeed very odd! What were they shopping for?

I luv shows that poke fun of music videos 'cause when you scrutinize them, you realize how corny some can be!

The little things indeed. My friend purchased a copy of Absolution this weekend, I didn't even have to threaten her! I'm so proud. :)

Whee, too lucky Mark. That will be an amaaaaazing show, even if Muse weren't there! But of course, the fact that they are makes it all the better.

I was wondering when the dancing would start.

Oh, I'm so excited for all you guys who are going! I'll spend this weeked with the heat turned up, listening to Coachella artists and pretending I'm there. It's second degree excitement!

not that i won't be thinking of the exciting things happening on the west coast... but, i think i'll need to take the denial approach to get thru the weekend w/o being too sad

that being said, maybe i'll leave my ipod home when i go to vermont this weekend, so i won't have any music to listen to... i had it on shuffle today and it kept taunting me with coachella bands. on a side note, we had a firedrill at work today... i knew the building wasn't actually burning down, but i still grabbed my ipod out of a drawer and brought it outside to safety with me, guess that answers the 'what would i rescue if my house were burning down?' question, haha. what i really should have brought outside was my coat, though.

*laugh* women and children and ipods first!

hey... speaking of coachella and, uh, festivals in general... I've realized that muse are playing at lots of the same festivals in europe that the darkness are playing at. on the darkness' official webpage, they've got links to prolly ALL of those festivals! I think I could actually spend hours looking at all those sites if I really wanted to. the cool thing is that they've all got things to sell on there... from t-shirts to posters to dvd's, etc. it would be cool to wear some t-shirts we could only get if we followed muse overseas, eh?

not that i won't be thinking of the exciting things happening on the west coast... but, i think i'll need to take the denial approach to get thru the weekend w/o being too sad

that being said, maybe i'll leave my ipod home when i go to vermont this weekend, so i won't have any music to listen to... i had it on shuffle today and it kept taunting me with coachella bands. on a side note, we had a firedrill at work today... i knew the building wasn't actually burning down, but i still grabbed my ipod out of a drawer and brought it outside to safety with me, guess that answers the 'what would i rescue if my house were burning down?' question, haha. what i really should have brought outside was my coat, though.

Where in Vermont are you weekend-ing in?

norwich, VT.

it's right on the NH border, near dartmouth college (that's where i went to school, and my parents fell in love with the area and decided to get a place up there).

I know where Norwich is. It's lovely.

I lived in Rutland (hell) for twelve years.

I know where Norwich is. It's lovely.

if you wanna switch itineraries for the weekend... well, i'm guessing you don't.

have a great time.

and so much for my denial plan... it looks like my mom's foiled it, i just heard from her and she was like 'bring your belle and sebastian DVD with you so we can watch it'... god, the last thing i need this weekend is to watch footage of B&S at coachella.

Archived