Didn't he used to say he didn't like playing Cave because the vocals were too hard?

:noey: Reading opening felt incredibly dramatic, when Matt bursts out from under the curtain guitar in hand and the stage was revealed during a mess of feedback into the opening riff... the big reveal during a light piano section looked a bit underwhelming.

Reading felt like a mistake when the curtain didn't rise, after having seen it rise earlier at Leeds.

Funny fact that Matt has hit his highest(and probably best) notes in 2010-2011, both falsetto and chest.

I'm fully aware of that. Well, almost, wasn't it a C6 at Leeds vs a C#6 at MCM 99'? Oh well, doesn't really matter. I'm just saying he has taken the easy way out on many shows during the TR-tour. It's probably because he, as someone earlier said, doesn't bother taking the effort.

full B4.

Never checked that note but didn't know it was a B4. That's cool, was sure it was a Bb4 first time I heard it.

Reading felt like a mistake when the curtain didn't rise, after having seen it rise earlier at Leeds.

With shadow projection of Matt playing the piano on the curtain, I didn't feel much like a mistake.

I'm fully aware of that. Well, almost, wasn't it a C6 at Leeds vs a C#6 at MCM 99'? Oh well, doesn't really matter. I'm just saying he has taken the easy way out on many shows during the TR-tour. It's probably because he, as someone earlier said, doesn't bother taking the effort.
I know, I wasn't trying to disprove your statement or anything :)

And no, MCM was a sharp C6.

And also, I was the one who said it ;)

Never checked that note but didn't know it was a B4. That's cool, was sure it was a Bb4 first time I heard it.

He does that quite a lot actually. The "GOOD EVENING LOS ANGEELEEEEES" or whatever that people where talking about before also reached a B4.

I know, I wasn't trying to disprove your statement or anything :)

And no, MCM was a sharp C6.

And also, I was the one who said it ;)

He does that quite a lot actually. The "GOOD EVENING LOS ANGEELEEEEES" or whatever that people where talking about before also reached a B4.

Ah, someone wrote C#6 at Musewiki. Yup, you already mentioned that.

Haha, also thought that was Bb4. I really should start checking notes up against piano. :p

Ah, someone wrote C#6 at Musewiki. Yup, you already mentioned that.

Haha, also thought that was Bb4. I really should start checking notes up against piano. :p

It was Spectrum, and he said it approached C#6, but he still just counted it as C6(Because it wasn't quite there)

He can reach strong B4s after songs, but can't bother to hit the G4 in Resistance. Bellamy logic <3

It was Spectrum, and he said it approached C#6, but he still just counted it as C6(Because it wasn't quite there)

He can reach strong B4s after songs, but can't bother to hit the G4 in Resistance. Bellamy logic <3

Yeah, it's so annoying at times. And even during Reading, last song of the OoS-part at R/L, he couldn't take the effort in hitting the G5 or what is is at the end of Megalomania. It's sure a difficult note to hit, but certainly not impossible.

Yeah, it's so annoying at times. And even during Reading, last song of the OoS-part at R/L, he couldn't take the effort in hitting the G5 or what is is at the end of Megalomania. It's sure a difficult note to hit, but certainly not impossible.

Well, he hit a G5 in KoC, Bliss and Mico Cuts at least.

I don't think he used to hit the G5 in Megalomania back in the early days either.

Well, he hit a G5 in KoC, Bliss and Mico Cuts at least.

I don't think he used to hit the G5 in Megalomania back in the early days either.

Ah yeah, it's probably not a G5, I mean the note he used to hit live during the falsetto part. It's half a note down isn't it? F#5?

But that's what I mean, he hits G5 during KoC, Bliss and MC as you said, and even if it's a more difficult approach to the note, he's definitely able to hit it if he wants to.

It's not a matter of not being able to sing MM or Showbiz anymore, it's a matter of them not wanting to do it. Both MM and Showbiz were played fairly often during BHAR and they were pretty damn good.

Well, MM was performed once wasn't it and there's only a few seconds footage of it?

I've only seen the Showbiz performance from Reading, and apart from the awful mixing it was pretty good

And I imagine there will be songs from Showbiz appearing next tour...just which one(s) and how often they appear is totally unknown

Well, MM was performed once wasn't it and there's only a few seconds footage of it?

I've only seen the Showbiz performance from Reading, and apart from the awful mixing it was pretty good

And I imagine there will be songs from Showbiz appearing next tour...just which one(s) and how often they appear is totally unknown

I know Showbiz was also performed at MEN Arena which was the last performance. I'm sure both Showbiz and MM came up a few times though. Not just once.

There might be a chance to bring Showbiz songs back, but really with the exception of Sunburn a few times they've tuned out the Showbiz songs entirely. It just feels like they don't want to play them anymore.

Who knows, maybe like Cave one will come back for a short time, but I'm still not going to be expecting them.

Muscle Museum was performed twice, IIRC. That was only because Tom told them it was his favourite song and asked them to play it at a gig they were about to perform. It was almost if not completely unrehearsed and Matt called it "rusty". That's probably why they haven't played it since.

Showbiz was played a few times.

On the bright side, it's more likely than a Muscle Museum comeback :awesome:

To be honest, if Soldier's Poem can make a comeback then so can Assassin.

I think Soldier's Poem was more common than Assassin though. And it still was only for a few stadiums and the Russian shows.

i think they should scrap the idea of making millions from getting a huge global fanbase and should get experimental with music, like it's all brand new! too much to ask for?

Exogenesis was experimental, Take A Bow was experimental, KOC was experimental, Soldier's Poem was experimental to an extent, Assassin was quite experimental, MK Ultra was fairly experimental...

The list goes on. They aren't making music solely to make money from it and they are still very interested in experimenting with music. Oh and they already have a huge global fanbase and have made plenty of money.

I'm all for slagging Muse off but if you're going to do it, have justified reasons.

Exogenesis was experimental, Take A Bow was experimental, KOC was experimental, Soldier's Poem was experimental to an extent, Assassin was quite experimental, MK Ultra was fairly experimental...

The list goes on. They aren't making music solely to make money from it and they are still very interested in experimenting with music. Oh and they already have a huge global fanbase and have made plenty of money.

I'm all for slagging Muse off but if you're going to do it, have justified reasons.

You've definitely mentioned some good examples of some experimentation, but there's certainly braver directions they could venture into. I'd just like to see real big genre shifts, or some bold moves into things that perhaps really challenge their abilities to create. If you look through history at what painters and sculptors have done, you can see some really outlandish choices that artists have made!

Edited by Moss

You've definitely mentioned some good examples of some experimentation, but there's certainly braver directions they could venture into. I'd just like to see real big genre shifts, or some bold moves into things that perhaps really challenge their abilities to create. If you look through history at what painters and sculptors have done through history, you can see some really outlandish choices that artists have made!

Undisclosed Desires was completely different and, by the sounds of it, there's gonna be some form of dubstep on the next album.

Undisclosed Desires was completely different and, by the sounds of it, there's gonna be some form of dubstep on the next album.

yeah undisclosed was... i DO have high expectations probably....

dubstep you say? :unsure: interesting...

ohh... and support this!