Personally, I love this performance. Maybe it's because I love Speechless as a song, maybe it's because her singing is amazing. Either way, it's good to see an artist play the piano, knowing that certain people can't be bothered with it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9A2OTZr0o

:chuckle:

Maybe she could teach some people a lesson or two. Speechless is awesome.

There is something odd about this video though, I will blame it of being out off sync.

Yeah, I think it was slightly out of sync but she was def singing live.

vihp8j43-7c

0.55 - 1.30 :awesome:

So. Awesome.

Lawl, she's a bit insane.

PAWS UP.

I'm honestly getting butterflies re: grammys. I usually don't care about this stuff, but I think this is going to be a really important award(s) for the band if they win. It'll prove to them that they have made it in the US (and that people here know their songs and they can play some rarities here, too! :LOL:).

I'm only watching these things for the performances. The grammy's are really awful nowadays and its never the best album that wins but the most popular one. Theres so many amazing albums that came out in 2010 that didn't even get a nod. Arcade Fire is the only great one up for best album and it probably wont win

Personally, I love this performance. Maybe it's because I love Speechless as a song, maybe it's because her singing is amazing. Either way, it's good to see an artist play the piano, knowing that certain people can't be bothered with it anymore.

:chuckle:

They'll prob play Uprising or Resistance seeing as it was nominated. C'mon, it's an American awards show, they're probably unknown to half the audience out there, so they're hardly going to play something obscure or old. They'll predictably plug their recent stuff, and those songs are the most well-known; it'll be one, the other, or both in a medley of some form.

I wouldn't be fussed at all if they didn't win (I'm not so confident about Resistance the song winning them awards for some reason... Uprising is a safer bet as it's catchier, more anthemic and 'rockier', lol). Winning Best Live Band at the Brits has more relevance, imo, cos live is what they're all about.

I see the Grammys and suchlike American award shows as being a bit pompous, tbh. Dunno why, it just feels like the big 'industry' cheezes are up in their towers smoking cigars and deciding which music they deem worthy of a golden gong. :rolleyes:. Maybe I'm just being cynical, lol. I'd still be happy if they won, but I wouldn't give two shits if they didn't, haha. I'll quit rambling now!

They'll prob play Uprising or Resistance seeing as it was nominated. C'mon, it's an American awards show, they're probably unknown to half the audience out there, so they're hardly going to play something obscure or old. They'll predictably plug their recent stuff, and those songs are the most well-known; it'll be one, the other, or both in a medley of some form.

I wouldn't be fussed at all if they didn't win (I'm not so confident about Resistance the song winning them awards for some reason... Uprising is a safer bet as it's catchier, more anthemic and 'rockier', lol). Winning Best Live Band at the Brits has more relevance, imo, cos live is what they're all about.

I see the Grammys and suchlike American award shows as being a bit pompous, tbh. Dunno why, it just feels like the big 'industry' cheezes are up in their towers smoking cigars and deciding which music they deem worthy of a golden gong. :rolleyes:. Maybe I'm just being cynical, lol. I'd still be happy if they won, but I wouldn't give two shits if they didn't, haha. I'll quit rambling now!

It's not like every American hasn't already heard Uprising. I doubt repeating a single over and over is the right way to gain fans :p

Why not? They've been doing it the whole fucking tour with the same fucking singles at every fucking gig, and it seems to have worked out well for them.

Of course, most people love their singles, and most people are thrilled to get to hear these singles live. But I doubt Muse has any significant amount of fans to gain from playing Uprising on the Grammy awards. On the other hand, they would probably get the rockers attention by playing something like MKU or US, an audience that Muse hasn't exactly covered with this latest album+singles.

I agree; don't get me wrong, I love Uprising, but as an American, i'm quite ashamed that the US has been so close-minded to Muse up until maybe Absolution/BHaR singles. They didn't release OoS...and now the music industry's trying to get all buddy-buddy with them now? because of that, we get the usual songs for tours and such.

I'm not a big grammy fan at all. it's all really superficial and proper and high-class. And it's obvious that they've paid no attention at all to Muse until they've gotten more well known in the states; Absolution would have easily won a Grammy. I mean, Justin Beaver is nominated for Grammys...

it would be ironic if they played Uprising, because in my mind, these are the fat cats that are controlling and degrading us...if it weren't for them dictating what's good music or uninteresting or poor, who knows who'd be nominated for the high-class awards.

:unsure:

Of course, most people love their singles, and most people are thrilled to get to hear these singles live. But I doubt Muse has any significant amount of fans to gain from playing Uprising on the Grammy awards. On the other hand, they would probably get the rockers attention by playing something like MKU or US, an audience that Muse hasn't exactly covered with this latest album+singles.

That's true, but there's a 99% they won't play any of TR's few rockers, mainly because they seem to be done with them live.

Archived